Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:10 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Flooding a base (20mb image)
Moderators: SuperJoe
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject:  Flooding a base (20mb image) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Having some fun with the veins logic. This could be cool for a campaign mission. Might even work in a skirmish map, but you'd need to design the area properly so the water does not spread uncontrollably. That poor APC didn't get out in time Sad

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very cool, except for the fact that without proper shore tiles, edges of the water look just plain bad. Also fires on water, yay.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Very cool, except for the fact that without proper shore tiles, edges of the water look just plain bad. Also fires on water, yay.

Water edges can be fixed if you edit the veins image properly for all the facings, I just used one water tile for all the frames for this test. No way to get rid of the fires afaik. But the flooding could cause fires to break out as it tears down the structures. Or something #Tongue

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:

You can imagine that as gas pipelines breaking and bursting into flames like happened in New York yesterday #Tongue

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

all im thinking is maybe this could be another reason to have veins implemented into Ares #Tongue

Nice experimenting though Dutchy

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice effect. I once planned something similar using ToTile to really transform the terrain into water. All that is necessary is a few different buildings that can transform into a few shores and center water tiles. Then an animation which you trigger to play so you don't see the buildings being deployed under the anim.

btw,do the veins have already Land=water? I think then most of the fire should vanish, as the debris will splash instead of explode.

You could also add some invisible dummy overlays with Land=clear to contain/direct the flow.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ixonoclast
General

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey LKO, I remember you musing about making volcanoes out of veinholes somewhere on PPM

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, that should be fun too. Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Regulus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is definitely a good reason to have vein logic implemented in Ares. Imagine all the other "spills" and "floods" you could do with this logic.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't forget, veins can go up and down slopes, so that would be pretty awkward for water. That's just an issue of map design.

My opinion, ditch the water and make it lava! Smile

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Dubzac
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Poor apc and it could of made it too Sad

yes i like the vein locgic with the water. but scary D:

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Make the water looks like lava Smile

Medalmonkey
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Starkku wrote:

Water edges can be fixed if you edit the veins image properly for all the facings, I just used one water tile for all the frames for this test. No way to get rid of the fires afaik. But the flooding could cause fires to break out as it tears down the structures. Or something #Tongue

This could add a lot of tension to a player if it cuts off good routs on a bigger map! I think its an awesome effect.

The water tiles can be textured to have parts of buildings and tanks floating around in it Smile

Also are you able to reverse this effect?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Medalmonkey wrote:
Also are you able to reverse this effect?

Kill the veinhole monster. Wink In other words, pull the drain-stopper.

Public SHPs

Tools

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SuperJoe wrote:
Starkku wrote:

Could be fuel and whatnot burning on the surface of the water.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon