Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mental Omega 3.0 - November 2012 Update!
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject:  Mental Omega 3.0 - November 2012 Update! Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time for the November media update. The voice over project for Mental Omega 3.0 continues. As I've announced two weeks ago, we are in need of your help to provide new voices for new units. We don't want to reuse voice overs from other C&C games like I did in version 2.0, so I've started this project and I'm inviting you to be a part of it! This thread was created to discuss voice over works for MO3.0 and suggest new lines for units which still don't have the set done.

The most important thing here is the following online sheet which has up-to-date information on which units do not have their original voice done yet. I got plenty of messages saying 'I want to try giving a voice to a unit but I don't know what I should say'. Well, this sheet is the answer. It has lines I confirmed we'd be using for the units. The sheet will be updated continuously: MO 3.0 VOICEOVERS DATA

As for now, we've received plenty of new voiceovers but there's still a lot of units to cover. All remaining "unvoiced" Soviet units are listed with lines written for them. We'll continue to list units which do not have their voice overs yet so check it out from time to time. To avoid confusion, the sheet now has two pages: units without voices and units with recorded voice overs. Check the first set of voice overs we've managed to get:

Time to show you some new and old units by Azri_Apoc. Why new and old? Two of these were shown to the public "indirectly" last year and haven't been officially announced yet, something I completely missed. The more dedictated followers will know which units I mean. Here are some of them.

In the meantime, Bu7loos is working on some nice updates of old defenses. Here are two of them.

Another talented 3D artist in the community, Orac, created a new T3 defense for the Epsilon.

Thanks Luke Latzke for providing us with the original model the Colossus Tank was based on. This mammoth and the Qilin Tank will appear in a Red Alert 2-themed installation along units like the Future Tank and Aeroblaze. The Qilin model was created by SecondWtq while the art, as usual, by Banderi. More to come!

For complete news, remember to visit our website. That's all for today. Stay tuned!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Soviet AA Quad Cannon thingy reminds me a lot of the Warhammer 40k Hydra platform, but that may be me being a Warhammer 40k fanatic #Tongue

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I admire how well you mimick the RA2 loading screens. All the new models are fantastic as well. Kudos to everyone on the team.

Medalmonkey
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow Tyrant sounds scary as hell Speeder. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new soviet defenses look awesome. Way better as SHPs than those ugly voxels.

"I claim this place in the name of ME." Laughing

Last edited by Orac on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno, I'll never like that Flak, the base is just too wide.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
I dunno, I'll never like that Flak, the base is just too wide.

Maybe it just looks too large due to the brick foundations. Meh either way It fits in more with the new Aesthetic approach of the Soviets in MO. And it seems like a more direct descendant to the AA Gun too... which like the Patriot was to the SAM...

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Don't believe in what they say I'm the good guy" I love it!

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That epsilon attack anim is ugly, I hope you change it

otherwise good job

Last edited by NimoStar on Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Voiceovers are mostly good, voxels are good. Bu7loos did amazing job on the defenses, I especially like the new Flak Cannon. Qilin & Colossus models & renders are very nice as well.

Onlyt hing bugging me is Antares. Not the model, that is good enough, but the weapon. What it's supposed to be? Some sort of heat energy weapon? Either way, the black/gray laser combined with the railgun effect seems odd to me. I know you might want to have laser there just in case railgun particles are not rendered (detail levels yay), but the color...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It has been changed to white already, makes it look like the anims are connected. And yes, it is some sort of a heat energy weapon.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I've got a question.

Currently you can only hear your own unit's fear dialogue. Is it possible, with ARES or something, to hear other players' unit panic attacks? I'm pretty sure it's like this in TS, where you can hear any soldier shouting something.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't that what Type= LOCAL achieves?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Isn't that what Type= LOCAL achieves?

http://modenc.renegadeprojects.com/Type#For_VocTypes

ModEnc wrote:
LOCAL | Can be heard only at its point of origin and at the distance from its Range

You can't hear VoiceFeedback sounds of any units owned by any other player, regardless of your sound entry configuration. Atleast I know no way to make it work so that you can hear them all.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
It has been changed to white already, makes it look like the anims are connected. And yes, it is some sort of a heat energy weapon.

Wouldn't it be better to convert the turret into a voxel? Right now the beam is seldom, if ever, shot parallel to the "barrel" in the middle of the turret. Same with other defences.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

Wouldn't it be better to convert the turret into a voxel? Right now the beam is seldom, if ever, shot parallel to the "barrel" in the middle of the turret. Same with other defences.

RA2/YR does not have any sort of "tilt barrel according to firing angle" logic as far as I know.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SHP turrets > voxel turrets. It's not possible anyway.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:

When modeling it, I'd more thought of the turret as being a sort of collector for some anomalous form of energy, rather than having a barrel at all. I'm reasonably happy with how it functions in game, though perhaps I don't like the chosen firing artwork.
Since I don't have the skill or time to do any better, I won't raise too much issue with it, though I might suggest that the impact explosion might be better in the same range of colours as the trail.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
though I might suggest that the impact explosion might be better in the same range of colours as the trail.
Thank you. #Tongue

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!