Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:02 pm
All times are UTC + 0
The Second Tiberium War (Release)
Moderators: Aydra, Ever_Valiant
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject:  The Second Tiberium War (Release)
Subject description: Version 1.0
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Command & Conquer: The Second Tiberium War

Download from Moddb: http://www.moddb.com/mods/the-second-tiberium-war

Well it’s been a while since I last uploaded a version of my mod and today is the release of version 1.0! The Second Tiberium War is my own version of Tiberian Sun leaning toward a Tiberium Wars style. I made many improvements to every aspect of the game from veteran upgrades to new maps and even totally redone menu’s. I spent many hours balancing making sure both factions were an equal threat on the battlefield yet require a different strategy to command and conquer. I’ve made so many changes I couldnt possibly fit them on this post so I will list only the main features:

- Totally redone menu’s including scaling to a 1024x768 resolution.
- Several new maps with greatly improved lighting and detail including some original map remakes.
- Overhauled Veteran upgrades for all units with new sights and sounds.
- Many new vehicles, infantry, and aircraft.
- Improved AI that will give all levels of gamers a challenge.
- New cameo’s for new and existing units and structures.
- Fine tuned balancing to ensure ALL units are necessary for victory.
- Fully standalone installation, Tiberian Sun is not required to play.
- Several minor additions to prevent lag or game crashes.

I started the mod in march 2012 and have been learning as I go, making improvements along the way. This is my first full modification so don’t judge it too harshly, it was a one man team and not intended to be a total conversion. I hope you have fun and enjoy The Second Tiberium War!

Last edited by Aydra on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"The file you have selected (The_Second_Tiberium_War.zip) is not available via any mirrors. Please check back shortly as our servers update every 5 minutes."
EDIT: ModDB messed itself up, the http://www.moddb.com/downloads/start/49464/all variant works, w/o the /all switch, not.

Otherwise, great news! I was always interested in this mod because of the new thinking and the great learning curve you've went forward during it1s creation.

BTW, do you still use TibEd?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since my last version (Tiberian Sun 3 1.2) I completely recoded my whole mod from scratch with Notepad C++ and im glad to say I did not touch TibED even once yay!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool, tbh I kinda expected this considering how well you performed in the other areas, it would've sound stupid if meanwhile you'd still use TibEd.

Either way, no words can describe how much I can appreciate your heavily successful learning curve.

Also, turned out GameFront banned out my country and that caused my wtf issue. God bless ModDB's own servers.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
23-down
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey I just downloaded your mod. I'm always happy when some new Tiberium Sun mods are getting released.

Unfortunately it isn't working for me. I downloaded the zip file twice from 2 different sources to make sure it wasn't my download that got corrupted.

Each time I try to launch with the game.exe it's giving me following error message:

Code:
One or more DLL files were missing or damaged. Please reinstall.

When i close the message nothing further happens. As it isn't telling me what DLL files are most likely missing I can't be more specific.

I can just say that I'm on win7 64bit and since the since Tib Sun became freeware I didn't bother anymore to install it from my CDs. So I used your game installation as standalone according to your readme it should work.

EDIT: Ah nevermind. Damn win7 wants old games like c&c in Admin mode forgot about that. Everything works just fine.

Happy holidays people.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
Since my last version (Tiberian Sun 3 1.2) I completely recoded my whole mod from scratch with Notepad C++ and im glad to say I did not touch TibED even once yay!

Yea, its not like you could have just go on Manual to see the ini changes that you made with tibed to copy paste into notepad or use the "changeviewer" but whatever.

But yea lets not make it a tibed discussion. Nice release! Gonna try it out, lets see how you did the AI Smile

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Yea, its not like you could have just go on Manual to see the ini changes that you made with tibed to copy paste into notepad or use the "changeviewer" but whatever.

Your right I could have done that, I needed to change the naming systems and it was good for me to do an overview of all the changes I did and I added and fixed many things in the process. It took some time to do but it was a good idea in the end.

Quote:
Nice release! Gonna try it out, lets see how you did the AI

I'm no AI expert and when I looked at redoing AI.ini with my own custom teams and scripts I said heck with it lol. The bots are hard, nothing special beyond that #Tongue

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gotta say this is a fine mod. A nice TS version inspired by Aydra. The sounds are sweet especially the gunsounds such as the buggy. Visually its also outstanding as I'd expect from you as you're an artist.

The gameplay is fine. After the many hours that I played and still play TS I find it kind of plain boring, nonetheless the balancing and overall gameplay is extremely fine.

I still fail to see the reason to cut out the maps but well I just included them back for me so its no issue. I may reenable some other stuff that you cut for my personal use like subterrain.

Oh and the AI is good too, kinda hard on 2 just like it should be. You might want to check out the anti air capabilities of the factions as especially jumpjets can be a real pain at the beginning.

Maybe make the sam site available from the start but make it stronger with an upgrade or not. The new GDI towers are awesome, every TS mod is hurt by this feature as the component system just doesn't work out and you're forced to build 2 buildings to get 1 tower. You fixed that. I can't describe how jealous I am for that. Would you make the towers public? Well asking never hurts... anyway more interestingly:

There's a tutorial around PPM about how to get the MMK2 to fire both guns, check it out.

A fine mod overall if I may say so.

CCHyper
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice to see a release, well done Smile

Just do you know, you can delete...

Code:
00000409.016, 00000409.256, AI.TLB, BLOWFISH.TLB, CLCD16.DLL, clcd32.dll, dplayerx.dll, drvmgt.dll, LOCOS.TLB, PATCHW32.DLL, SUN.LCF and SUN.TLB

Also you left in the EXCEPT.TXT and HALLFAME.DAT files...

Nolt
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just tried playing the game with some friends through lan, we got reconection errors almost instantly, know any way getting through that? (I'm discarting firewall problems)

Anything else, I've got the same opinion about your mod as the other guys, good job.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
00000409.016, 00000409.256, AI.TLB, BLOWFISH.TLB, CLCD16.DLL, clcd32.dll, dplayerx.dll, drvmgt.dll, LOCOS.TLB, PATCHW32.DLL, SUN.LCF and SUN.TLB

I learn something new everyday XD

Quote:
I just tried playing the game with some friends through lan, we got reconection errors almost instantly, know any way getting through that? (I'm discarting firewall problems)

Im not sure why your having problems, I test my mod out with my brother over lan and I've never had a problem. Anyone else could help?

Master.Foo
Civilian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a great mod Aydra, thumbs up

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon