Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:08 pm
All times are UTC + 0
We are now able to import RSS feeds to the forum.
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject:  We are now able to import RSS feeds to the forum.
Subject description: And we have big plans!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey everyone! We are now able to import RSS feeds to our forums. Ok, we do have a couple of limits at the moment. Since HTML is mostly disabled here and the importer doesn't convert HTML to BBCode yet, we haven't got much to import yet.

All feeds will be posted by our first official (and non-banned bot) called PPM News Reporter.

Anyway, I'm going to code a HTML to BBCode sort of converter soon (unless somebody points out a good script to do that already) in order to open new possibilities.

If we become able circunvent this limitation, we might open a new service for those who run projects in forums that are outside PPM, allowing them to post their RSS feeds at a new forum (Community Feeds) where PPM visitors would be able to post comments about their forums.

Is anybody interested in this service? Do you have any other ideas that would be interesting?

Just bear in mind one important thing: we'll not import RSS feeds in public forums without an authorization from the owner of the feed.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I already wondered why I had so may new messages, but half come from that bot of yours #Tongue

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be interesting seeing the Ares LP announcements bringing over to PPM IMO.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you tested this system?
I had something like this at RenProj years ago, it didn't work out well. (Mostly issues with feed syncing, updating, thread creation.)

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Based upon the topic amounts within OS SVN boards, the feeds seems fine.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's being tested as we speak, Ren.

My Old WebSVN used to cache the RSS feeds in a way that if you tried to get feeds for two different projects in the same script, you'd get only one feed. At least I'm not having this problem anymore.

The real problem so far is the lack of conversion of HTMl to BBCode (I had to do it manually in my WebSVN). So, once I have a code adapted to Ares LP Announcements, I'll test privately first and once I get something decent functional, I'd make it public.

I'm aware I'd have to adapt the RSS feeds for each site from a different software and generate these adapted feeds internally to import them to the forums.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey guys. I've recently figured out that the PHP upgrade to 5.4 has made our RSS feeds no longer functional. I'll try to fix it in the next days.

But be aware that I've released some bug fixes to the SHP Builder in this mean time. I plan to make an auto-install system similar to the one from VXLSE III Beta to OS SHP Builder and release 3.37.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: The problem has been fixed.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!