Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 pm
All times are UTC + 0
YR Argentina offline?
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:49 am    Post subject:  YR Argentina offline? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I hate to be causing a fuss over nothing, but YR Argentina has spent the past week or so in maintenance mode. As you can imagine, nobody can visit, download files or anything else.

Today, I noticed it's dropped out of Search Engines. Or at least, it dropped off the face of Google. The Old Version of the website is still accessible however.

For us at least, it's hard to imagine the site going offline. I mean it's pretty much the most reliable place to acquire working graphics (occasionally with code) as well as having the largest cache, PPM asides. And RA2/YR modding is still as strong as ever.

If it is going offline, the move strikes us as confusing.

Having said that, it's entirely possible I'm getting worked up over nothing. It wouldn't be the first time it happened, but without an official word on what is going on, the matter is simply confusing/worrying.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's down for maintenance, just as it says. I think it was that the version of Joomla used for the site wasn't compatible with new version of PHP after an upgrade or something like that. Basically before it was brought down pretty much nothing worked on the site.

Obviously that means it's gonna be back online when the problems are fixed.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
It's down for maintenance, just as it says. I think it was that the version of Joomla used for the site wasn't compatible with new version of PHP after an upgrade or something like that. Basically before it was brought down pretty much nothing worked on the site.

Obviously that means it's gonna be back online when the problems are fixed.

I hope so. Struck me as a little weird that they'd suddenly vanish with no reason given.

I am aware of the irony of this statement.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PM Martin Killer then to build up a better PR regarding that, he's the admin of the Joomla version.

(TBH the FB page stated that it's down and I dunno how's their investigation going regarding the issue).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The move to PHP 5.4 has caused damage to several sites in this server, including PPM. However, the situation at YR Argentina is a bit harder, since we'd need to study Joomla's code to fix it.

Anyway, there is an old version of YR Argentina still online for visitors:
http://yrarg.cncguild.net/old/

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah that crappy old version, burn it with fire! XP

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

True, but this is the best we have for now. It will have to do.

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

I actually liked it Sad

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The move to PHP 5.4 has caused damage to several sites in this server, including PPM. However, the situation at YR Argentina is a bit harder, since we'd need to study Joomla's code to fix it. [...]

Any particular error messages or issues?
A quick Google search finds claims that Joomla should work fine with 5.4 and just throw a few warnings.

One of the threads also squarely puts the blame on PHP, rather than Joomla (as in, Joomla's code is correct, PHP is just buggy).

Have you tried upgrading to a recent nightly or something, to check if the issues you're having have been fixed already? (If so, you could possibly backport the official fixes to the stable, or keep the nightly if it's stable enough.)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The current message says that it redeclares a class. The problem is that the location of the problem is a line that loads any kind of class. So, I couldn't figure out who has called it exactly.

There are people in the server who are supposedly responsible to fix it, but I think they couldn't figure it out either.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There may be 2 issues to solve this problem:

- Wait for a solution to solve a problem with PHP 5.4/Joomla 1.5 issue. Even if a Joomla 1.5 isn't longer supported by their own dev team, still Joomla 1.5 has got a majority of components/modules/plugins in overall. Also it isn't a global problem, there are J1.5 websites that work well with PHP 5.4.X

- A migration to Joomla 2.5/3.0 and later versions. It's costly because YR Argentina has got a commercial template bought by myself as a yearly subscription in April 2011. Renewal costs 50$. The bigger site it is, it's harder to migrate - I must find a replacement for every part on site that is only working in Joomla 1.5, that will surely take a lot of time for testing.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The migration to Joomla 2.5/3.0 is complicated. There is a plugin for Joomla 1.5 seems to do it, as long as Joomla's 1.5 is functional. That's not the case.

We'll have to fix the code on our own.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
The migration to Joomla 2.5/3.0 is complicated. There is a plugin for Joomla 1.5 seems to do it, as long as Joomla's 1.5 is functional. That's not the case.

We'll have to fix the code on our own.

If I may be so bold, perhaps YRArg could be hosted on PPM? Like MadHQ's Voxels and a few other places? Or would YRArg be too large to do that with?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YR Argentina is already hosted at the same server of PPM.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We're back.
Also, YRArg whole website with MySQL database weighs over 550-600Mb. Sole download without preview screenshots and icons, zipped in best compression weighs 150-160Mb.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could you narrow down the culprit?

Also YR Arg's favicon is still Joomla's.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the culprit was an outdated plugin.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YRArg favicon here was always a Joomla's cause noone wanted to do a such #Tongue

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [19 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!