Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:08 am
All times are UTC + 0
SecondWtq's question thread
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:45 am    Post subject:  SecondWtq's question thread Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a YR modder before, who fell into C&C3 modding weeks ago. I have got some basic comprehension of Sage engine for C&C3, but just a little..

As I said I used to mod TS engine, but anyway, Sage is much different from TS. And some logics that even TS can implement, I cannot find way to do it in xmls due to a limited command to Sage code(though some of these are impossible indeed).

Temporarily I am able to make some simple logics, for example, add a new vehicle with a newly-made model, and add one, two, or more cannons/guns to it, or add(to be exact, it is copy Very Happy ) a new Airstrike specialpower, but when it comes to complex ones, I always feel at a loss.

So I try finding the proper way of custom Sage through some remakes I have done on TS, and some other questions. I intend to raise questions as few as possible, but I'm sorry that, sometimes I am totally at a loss.

Well the first ones:

I guess no one have implemented the Hammer Drain feature in RA3, however I want to have a try.
Obviously it is hard to seize the weapon of target, what I want is just heal the unit itself by draining other objects' health.

Currently I have not found examples or related codes for fire a weapon to itself as well as others at same time.

ravage
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

don't know if the DrainLife (inside DamageNugget) still work in C&C3, worth a try

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ravage wrote:
don't know if the DrainLife (inside DamageNugget) still work in C&C3, worth a try

Yeah I found it in AssetTypeWeaponTemplate.xsd and tested, it does work! Seems so easy a question, thanks for the information!

Next one:

What a xml for Sequenced FX Textures should be? I found some FX sequence textures and wanna try them but I can't find examples for writting its xml code.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm testing Disruption Tower feature.

I wanna make a "Mobile Stealth Generator"(which can make a stealth field without deploying) but met with some difficulties. I added these codes to Pitbull(inside <Behavior> section) for a test.

But it doesn't make any difference. It doesn't broadcast stealth, and itself is still visible, even I removed the codes about broadcasting. However, I moved the codes to GDI Power Plant and it works just well.

So,

1. What should I do to make Pitbull a stealthed unit?
2. I guess broadcast logic doesn't work at non-structure objects, What's the way for Mobile Stealth Generator?

Edit: The issue is solved. I moved the codes to Rifleman, it works well and is able to form a stealth field. Accidentally I got interested in the Nod Cloaking Field specialpower, and found these codes in BaseVehice.xml:

Code:
         <!-- Nod Cloaking Field -->
         <InvisibilityUpdate
            id="ModuleTag_Invisibility"
            UpdatePeriod="0.5s">
            <InvisibilityNugget />
            <RequiresUpgrade>Upgrade_CloakingFieldInvisibility</RequiresUpgrade>
         </InvisibilityUpdate>
         <StealthUpgrade
            id="ModuleTag_InvisibilityTrigger">
            <TriggeredBy>Upgrade_CloakingFieldInvisibility</TriggeredBy>
         </StealthUpgrade>

And I noticed this in Stealth Tank code, which I cannot understand and be ignored before:

Code:
         <!-- removing Cloaking Field update -->
         <InvisibilityUpdate
            id="ModuleTag_Invisibility"
            xai:joinAction="Remove"
         />
         <InvisibilityUpdate
            id="ModuleTag_Invisibility_Intrinsic"

Suddenly it striked me that, Cloaking Field only works at vehicles(a poor memory for I rarely use this specialpower while gaming). The ID is duplicated. And codes related to Cloaking Field specialpower need removing.

I added the code to Pitbull and changed XML header according to NODStealthTank.xml, the test is successful.

BTW, @ravage: IIRC I have seen you somewhere in Mycnc.org Shocked.

Moreover, just out of curiousity, is it possible to recreate RA3 Aircraft Carrier effect in C&C3 as a Airborne Carrier for Scrin? Surely we have PAC now, but its fighters is binded outside the ship. Any way to make a mothership that launching fighters inside the model? I got RA3 XMLs and found these sections:

Code:
         <SlaughterHordeContain
            id="ModuleTag_SlaughterHordeContain"
            CashBackPercent="0"
            ResetInitialTeamOnCapture="true">
            <CanAlwaysEnterObjectFilter
               Rule="NONE">
               <IncludeThing>AlliedAttackDrone</IncludeThing>
            </CanAlwaysEnterObjectFilter>
         </SlaughterHordeContain>
         <ParkingPlaceBehavior
            id="ModuleTag_ParkingPlaceBehavior"
            NumRows="2"
            NumCols="2"
            ApproachHeight="10"
            ParkInHangars="true"
            DoorOpenTime="4.0s">
            <CanParkHereFilter
               Rule="NONE"
               Relationship="ALLIES">
               <IncludeThing>AlliedAttackDrone</IncludeThing>
            </CanParkHereFilter>
         </ParkingPlaceBehavior>

The structure SlaughterHordeContain can be found in the XSDs of C&C3 MOD SDK, and ParkingPlaceBehavior is used at airpads. However the "SlaughterHordeContain" is not used in the vanilla game at all and I can't find other information about it. There is also some new codes in the WeaponTemplate of RA3 Aircraft Carrier.

Last edited by secondwtq on Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

ravage
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

汗,干脆加我QQ算了:

Ju-Jin
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The SlaughterHordeContain works, the problem is that the way the aircraft is launched doesn't work in TW.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Therefore I need to look for a better design for a substitute of PAC xD yeah the original one looks good but I don't like it very much.

I'm practising adding vehicle models and animations recently, and going to try adding building models. Although I have some doubts:

Is it possible to let a structure have 2 or more production lines and miner unloading places? I have one mod on my disk, which used TCN model as conyard. The structure has 1 vehicle production line and 2 unloading dock place at the beginning, and it can get other 3 production lines through upgrades.

It may works with multiple ProductionUpdate, but I have no idea of defining different exiting paths and adding it with upgrades.

secondwtq
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
         <ProductionUpdate
            id="ModuleTag_ProductionUpdate2"
            GiveNoXP="true"
            Type="VEHICLE"/>

I tried this code added in GDI War Factory, but it shows as only 1 vehicle production line, and unit can be manufactured by clicking on UI buttons, however, it have no effect on the UI(not show the type and num of units producing) , and the door anim isnot played, I didn't set DoorAnim in the new code so I guess it is using the second line, and the UI shows the first one.

But what is the proper approach?

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum