Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:53 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Petroglyph is up for a new game
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [102 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Age of Mythology is my favourite RTS ever.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

meh, i'd like to have myself a good mix of both aspects and land right in the middle, starcraft does that, good scaled battles with a pop cap and bases to replenish forces, but on the same time, a maxed out composition forces you to choose and to think how you'd withstand your opponent. Same thing why i love to play DoW 1, pop cap isn't neccessarily bad, if you have a proper economy management and research trees the game gains in complexity and strategic choices and thus shapes up to be a game of speed chess.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i personal like pop cap as long as it not too low [like WC3]. this system make people to think twice what unit to build and what strategy they decide to use in that time. without pop max how you can defeat your enemy since your opponent have everything in their base? that lead the game to spam fest and luck base to play.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18, as expected you are ignorant to look up when the game (WZ2100) originally was made and thats well before 2000! One of first retail 3D RTS games and presently its open source developed further while gfx aint todays standards to please your eyes, else it owns all.

As a game, its strategic depth is beyond any title made like simple notion of radars/sensors acting as spotters for artillery to increase range while every other game radar is simply minimap view more or less only...

going all the way using a builder near enemy to build just a sensor tower and thanks to it, rain hell from your area at his all across map at best...

Anyhow gufu and various other ppl pretty much outlined why petro is hardly the best at RTS making and EAW wasn't that big apart from star wars fame playing into it and I would not declare it one of the best rts games ever... it was fair quality game but thats it...

Last edited by ApolloTD on Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The unit construction and design in WZ2100 is extremely entertaining too.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As I see it's a typical Blitzkrieg rip-off on Alamo like engine in World War II without base building or resource gathering but with premium stuff.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/petroglyphgames/victory-1

"Your units become more powerful after each match, and you earn in-game currency
Spend your in-game currency to buy booster Commander Packs containing random, collectible units and more"

GG, Won't touch it.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Zero18, as expected you are ignorant to look up when the game (WZ2100) originally was made and thats well before 2000! One of first retail 3D RTS games and presently its open source developed further while gfx aint todays standards to please your

Oh, didn't know that :/

Much of the games today are pay to play, or pay to win games. That gives unbalance gaming system and unfair advantages. Thus preventing newbies from playing it for long period. Probably like a day or so then quit because of the currency system.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

at least it good to see they still want to keep making RTS game while most game company today point to make everything base on FPS game. too bad they never come with something i really want to play since EAW and UAW...

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So then why don't they make RTS/FPS!? Like Renegade.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh god, victory sounds awful....why a carbon copy of a bad concept over and over again?

Hydraw Art on Facebook

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Goddamn it. Petroglyph u ztyping noobs. Something in me just died as I saw the kickstarter page.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RTS back in the 90s/early 2000s were awesome. RTS like:

-Homeworld (one of the best story-driven RTS of all time, not quite for the sequel)

-Total Annihilation (still going strong up to this date, what with it now having two spiritual successors)

-Metal Fatigue (Armoured Core meets Total Annihilation meets ridiculously challenging difficulty)

-Battlezone (best known for being a meshing together FPS and RTS)

-Dark Reign (its freeware now but I can't get it to work for some reason...)

-Submarine Titans (first RTS to have a full fledge spectator feature for SP and MP games, has an extremely advanced "AI assistant" that can be tweaked ingame, and is easily modded)

Good times...

Seems that Petro is stuck in a rut...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still shocked that they srsly pull of a game with nothing but:

Riflemen
Rocketguy
Tank
Scoutvehicle

Didn't know wheter to laugh or cry as the video explained me what a scoutvehicle is. Like a shooter explaining me in the tutorial to shoot with left mouseclick it told me that the scout is fast and sees stuff.
That no one wanted to fund it so they had to go on Kickstarter to beg tells it all.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:

Riflemen
Rocketguy
Tank
Scoutvehicle

RA1 online worked pretty much like this and nobody complained, I guess they figure they can do the 1995 style game in 2013... with all the EA pay to win jazz to get it funded. nice.

Screw petroshit. WWII is a tired old genre, yet it has so much potential for units.. and they pick -that-. gj.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just watched the Kickstarter video...seriously not impressed. Hate to sound like a prick but D-Day online pwns this :/ They should make a Universe At War sequel dammit! That was probably their most creative game.

On the other hand: Frank's impersonation of a 40's war reporter was awesome, the project leader is hot and they have a nice collection of figma (could've sworn there was a Mazinger Z figurine among them...)

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The project leader is some russian chick(?) seemingly anyhow Petro is seriously out of ideas and WW2 is so done to the death and no base building or eco handling is disappointing, we had more strategy in games of 90s than we get in new games, what gives???

They can't do actual UAW 2 for rights deal probably staying with sega...

I wouldn't expect any more strategic depth to this new game than EoN had and its just reinforce and keep killing deal with pretty fireworks.

Shame but I saw this coming, just beyond my lowest expectations tho :/

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More Petroglyph mediocre bullshit? SNORE. Everything they've done so far has sucked. I want this to be good but I know it will be a pile of lame. I'd say it's wasted talent but even Command & Conquer had its share of dumb to it.

Steam

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CNCF2P is starting to look more promising...

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And FFS they should stop compare themselves with already released best selling & top quality games on start when they have to collect money by Kickstarter...

"If World of Tanks, StarCraft and League of Legends had a baby, it would be Victory.”

Saying that Line of Sight is a great functionality  Confused

Last edited by Martin Killer on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
OrangeNero wrote:

Riflemen
Rocketguy
Tank
Scoutvehicle

RA1 online worked pretty much like this and nobody complained, I guess they figure they can do the 1995 style game in 2013... with all the EA pay to win jazz to get it funded. nice.

Screw petroshit. WWII is a tired old genre, yet it has so much potential for units.. and they pick -that-. gj.

RA1 online also has base crawling, cruisers, MIGs, Chronosphere, Q hotkey, v2s/arties, faster build speed when you build multiples of a production facility and some other stuff as well

infantry suck though but ra2 has that issue as well (except for using dogs as fodder and Desolators while playing as Iraq)

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Iran wrote:
Volgin wrote:
OrangeNero wrote:

Riflemen
Rocketguy
Tank
Scoutvehicle

RA1 online also has base crawling, cruisers, MIGs, Chronosphere, Q hotkey, v2s/arties, faster build speed when you build multiples of a production facility and some other stuff as well

infantry suck though but ra2 has that issue as well (except for using dogs as fodder and Desolators while playing as Iraq)

I meant it in a reference to RA and the original game which I also think sucks because of the low amount of units, granted the games are old and its ok to have few units back then. Still especially the arty or air or anti air is at a serious lack. But at least you had like he said more stuff than 4 units. Dogs and grenadiers and flamethrower guy and tesla tank and arty and so on. Even Naval battles which makes RA still superior to many new RTS games which come with only land battle.

This concept is a huge fail as the gameplay degenerates to a "spam medium tanks brainlessly at the enemy". Add to this that C&C always ignored autocannons and ATGM or strong powers besides medium tanks.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I understand what you mean and yes I don't like it that much either. Similar things with units that are pretty much useless and so shouldn't be made buildable (Spy, Thief) and Mobile Radar Jammer.

The actual issue why infantry are shit in RA1 is tank speed. There's a mini-mod implemented as map mods out there that makes tank speed the same as in Tiberian Dawn and it really makes infantry more viable: http://cnc-comm.com/community/index.php?topic=1982.0

It's been in my personal wishlist to fix the issue with buildings like the Tech Center where if you lose them you still keep the tech acquired from them. The game only has logic to to add stuff to the sidebar and there's a function called whenever a building is created or destroyed to recalculate what objects are still buildable in the sidebar.

From a look at it, the function to recalculate the sidebar does a check for "is there still a production facility that can build me?", if there exists a production facility it goes to the next object in the sidebar otherwise it will clear the object from the sidebar. The check should be changed to "can this object be build still?"

I might take a look into this later today.

Edit: I fixed the bug.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tank speed? No, what about building multiple war factories to speed up producton? the price values compared to other things? A light tank costs the price of a ranger jeep. I am not a huge fan of the OpenRA project, but bumping tanks up to tier 2 is a pretty good idea.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"what about building multiple war factories to speed up producton"

C&C95 has this too and it isn't an issue. While we were playing the ra1 map mod with slow tank speed no one spammed 4324234 War Factories neither. Yeah Ranger is way too expensive.

Bumping tanks to another tier just slows down the game. In C&C95 people still spam Buggies and Humm-vees even when you can buy tanks because Buggies and Humm-vees outrun tanks, are cheap to produce and effective against infantry (they also have range advantage against infantry if you micro them a bit)

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Back in the 90's CPUs were much worse than today and game couldn't be so complicated, thus RTS genre had quite simple mechanic with base building, resource gathering but no upgrades, few specials like casted spells or superweapons but nothing more. Petroglyph wants to go back to their cores, but you can't impress anyone today with such a basic gameplay where you only have to control units, it won't work anymore. First fast paced and micro/skill oriented was for sure Starcraft, C&C95/RA1 was too much build more factories and spam tanks where infantry was a meat shield. Westwood spotted it in time that gameplay from first generation might not be enough in next millenia - introducing building upgrades, unit veterancy, not so big flow of cash in Tiberian Sun by slowering an economy and more. Unfortunately for today, Petroglyph shouldn't be a legacy to the C&C franchise - their every next game is worse than previous, they are cutting themselves from C&C by removing base building and normal resource gathering*. Their best game EaW was released 6-7 years ago, that's a lot of time - I think they don't really know how to create a good and interesting gameplay, making maps full of cows that served as resource for a faction with mobile harvester when 2 others had static ones, was a big gameplay flaw. It was a game breaking balance issue. Later we had an issue with EoN, where Trion took a game from them and decided to finish it by themselves. EoN isn't a RTS, it's just a mediocre MMO RTS that is hard to balance cause it's not oriented around core of every RTS - 1v1 matches. And today we have Victory that looks almost the same like 12 years old S.W.I.N.E

*Normal resource gathering - map isn't full of a resources randomly thrown over map or just "CAPTURE THE CONTROL POINT"

Last edited by Martin Killer on Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:17 pm; edited 2 times in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

S.W.I.N.E. had more different units than 4 and btw was really awesome and ahead of its time. The main point of Victory seems to be battle cards much like the ruses from RUSE which looks exactly like Victory just way better. Yes games back then were simple because of the PC capabilities back then and I certainly don't blame the game for that. To come up today with this however is ridiculous as S.W.I.N.E. has shown pretty much what the minimum of unit count is that such a game needs to have.

Apparently as far as we know the game petroglyph choose to make a game which is inferior to 12 year old titles and dares to kickstart it. Kickstarter is for games and other stuff that is worthy and can't make it otherwise. Not for degenerated software. As far as I understood it at least.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you haven't seen it already here is a gameplay video of the pre-alpha version of the game.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's almost an identical copy of this but set in World War II

Seriously...

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They look about as similar as RA1 is to SC...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

These are completely different RTS games, can't just throw to same bag.

Different base building
Command Center from Starcraft acting as a Refinery in Red Alert
Workers/Harvester difference
Different resources, Cash/Power -> Mineral/Gas/Supply
Different resource gathering
Unit limit
Unit upgrading
Cast spelling/Energy
Support powers
Superweapons Chrono/Iron Curtain/Nuke
Air vessels difference
Navy vessels
In SC you can build from multiple factories, in RA you can only speed up a production by building more factories
Shroud
And much much more

Here you won't have any base building or resource gathering. Just picking units before a game, like in a good RTT game similar to Myth Fallen Lords, there won't be a big difference between SWINE or Victory. Except Victory has no possibility to be played offline #Tongue

Last edited by Martin Killer on Fri Mar 08, 2013 8:55 am; edited 3 times in total

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:

Please look up swine before you say such stuff. If its because of the art style that is because in SWINE Rabbits fight against Pigs hence why it looks a bit cartoony. May check out the Victory infantry which also looks cartoony so your statement lost all meaning.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Really, if your gonna do WW2, make the artwork gritty and serious, not this cartoony vibe GUI and thus D-day altar I worship as no game studio can/will go to such depths ever that Mig does. Quick buck games destroy your brain cells.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC SWINE also had Ammunition as a Resource and you had those Ammo Cart Things.

The MBTs being able to dig in reminded me so much of the Tick Tank though.  Very Happy

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
Really, if your gonna do WW2, make the artwork gritty and serious, not this cartoony vibe GUI and thus D-day altar I worship as no game studio can/will go to such depths ever that Mig does. Quick buck games destroy your brain cells.

And stop saying ffs that via basic RTT protected by DRM you want go back to the original 90's C&C roots - if they didn't hold their title of C&C heritage I bet that they wouldn't even dare to start it on Kickstarter  Laughing

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Martian, where did Petro claim it's got C&C's legacy? yeah it shares the history, but they don't carry the C&C torch - thats for sure.  They shouldn't be burdened to make C&Clike games until they stick... though at this rate if they make anything it seems to be a complete ztyping stinker.

Also, WWII does not always need to be gritty and serious.

Morpher
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I want to like this, but it really doesn't grip me at all, Volgin is right when he says WWII doesn't need to be serious and gritty, but if you want to go all "wacky worlds" then do it right, this just kinda comes off as a little bit cheesy, but maybe that's good. I don't know anymore, I just play the playstation 1.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
Martian, where did Petro claim it's got C&C's legacy? yeah it shares the history, but they don't carry the C&C torch - thats for sure.  They shouldn't be burdened to make C&Clike games until they stick... though at this rate if they make anything it seems to be a complete ztyping stinker.

Also, WWII does not always need to be gritty and serious.

They are a part of C&C for sure, and still hold a torch because of "true" C&C that had poor support after release in today's standards, YR has got only one patch and WOL was a place for annoying bots just after release. Just don't tell others that Petroglyph has no idea how to improve old C&C gameplay or you might get flamed.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

who'll play all those MMO's ? the audience surely picks the superior product, it doesn't help showing half assed material to the public to help fund yet another soon to be fully neglected MMO and that with (yeah sad but) CnC and Hots right around the corner. No one will be interrested in this, and publishers know this.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

blubb wrote:
No one will be interrested in this, and publishers know this.

Which is why I'm guessing they even put it on kickstarter to begin with.  Laughing

it looks really more of a Action-RTS. (Just preplaced squads no base-building,resource gathering,etc)

So it really does look like it doesn't have much in terms of gameplay...

ChronoSeth
Sergeant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
So it really does look like it doesn't have much in terms of gameplay...

... which means that even if it does get finished, people will lose interest very quickly.

I wonder why they're trying to claim that it's not an RTS... by that logic C&C, Starcraft, Age of Empires, etc suddenly morph into a different genre during single-player missions which don't have bases.

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because I should mention them all before the bashing -

- Supreme Commander 1 & Forged Alliance
- Rise of Legends
- Metal Fatigue
- Starcraft, Brood War and SC II
- Warcraft III & Frozen Throne
- Act of War: Direct Action & High Treason
- The entire Dawn of War series, including Soulstorm.
- Tryst. Yes, Tryst.
- World in Conflict
- The original Ground Control & Dark Conspiracy
- Perimeter (ONLY the first however)

It's been nothing but a downhill slope for Petroglyph. Empire at War was alright, but I say it was Universe at War: Earth Assault where things collapsed. Ignoring the Executive Meddling, the plans that Petroglyph had simply didn't match the final product - the game was ridden with bugs, had three incredibly bland factions (with the only faction that might have turned out halfway decent being cut and replaced by the faction intended for an Expansion Pack that never happened), and in short the whole thing just screamed "rushed development". Most of the Ex-Westwood staff (most notably, Adam Isgreen - the lead designer on UaW and a former designer on the Westwood C&C staff) left Petroglyph after this time. In fact, Adam hasn't been seen since the UaW debacle. My guess is he left the industry and has gone on to do other things. It's said he's working on something else, but this has yet to materialize.

Modern Petroglyph is basically a community joke. And before anyone asks, I got to play End of Nations. It was TERRIBLE, easily the worst beta I had experianced. The Dev's were completely one sided when it came to faction balance. It didn't help they conscripted in pretty much everyone and only listened to one guy. The one thing everyone complained about was never, ever fixed to my knowledge. The result? One faction being entirely overpowered, and the other faction really having to scrape it's victories.

And in regards to their other projects, well...if Battle for Graxia isn't a blatent cash in on the DOTA/LoL craze, well I don't know what is.

tl;dr: Petroglyph is a terrible developer that make even amateur modders look professional with the work they create. They're nothing short of a washed up joke these days, and I hope the company goes under soon, if the collapse of End of Nations or this Kickstarter is any indication.

In fact, I wish whoever is now developing End of Nations luck. Maybe they'll start taking feedback better and not make the game as bad as I remember?

Wishful thinking, but a man can dream, right?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the kickstarter seams to have foundered, after a week they only have $19,000 of the $700,000 they want. At this rate they'll be lucky to get to $100,000 by the end.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What happens when they don't reach a milestone? All of the money goes back to funders?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The money only gets taken from the backers once the target is reached.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sir Shockwave wrote:

Modern Petroglyph is basically a community joke. And before anyone asks, I got to play End of Nations. It was TERRIBLE, easily the worst beta I had experianced. The Dev's were completely one sided when it came to faction balance. It didn't help they conscripted in pretty much everyone and only listened to one guy. The one thing everyone complained about was never, ever fixed to my knowledge. The result? One faction being entirely overpowered, and the other faction really having to scrape it's victories.

And in regards to their other projects, well...if Battle for Graxia isn't a blatent cash in on the DOTA/LoL craze, well I don't know what is.

tl;dr: Petroglyph is a terrible developer that make even amateur modders look professional with the work they create. They're nothing short of a washed up joke these days, and I hope the company goes under soon, if the collapse of End of Nations or this Kickstarter is any indication.

In fact, I wish whoever is now developing End of Nations luck. Maybe they'll start taking feedback better and not make the game as bad as I remember?

Wishful thinking, but a man can dream, right?

Godly quote of truth! I also was in the end of nations alpha and also beta, just terrible, updates were slow and hardly meaningful and the major imbalance between factions lingered for months. LF often dominated without contest and SR main chance was lame ass constant bomb drop from that one unit which name I forget...

Music also was kinda disappointment to me, Frank is good but the orchestral side seemed too slow in these musics and actual game engine looks worse in visuals than SAGE/RNA and now that EA uses frostbite 2... Petro is so much set back even on visuals department and if that isn't enough, the engine is not too optimized either...

I feel bad for Frank Klepacki, else Petroglyph can just fold down and who knows... this Kickstarter effort may fail if that sign is of any note and push Petro further to the brink.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The kickstarter has been canceled, It was obvious they weren't going to make the target. I think just as many people withdrew their pledges as made them in the last few days.

They have said that "multiple game publishers have expressed interest in Victory" tho so it may still get released in the future.

Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
They have said that "multiple game publishers have expressed interest in Victory" tho so it may still get released in the future.

If someone had a real interest, they wouldn't start it on Kickstarter.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank god they canceled this. Maybe they come up with something now that isn't underwhelming in every aspect. Like EaW Space combat like game or something. Many came out but nothing decent.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A WW2 game with an EaW style map, fighting for towns/countries instead of planets would pwn.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 3 [102 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum