Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:37 am
All times are UTC + 0
Additional Tags for Sides/Countries Enhancement by Ares
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:37 am    Post subject:  Additional Tags for Sides/Countries Enhancement by Ares Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding in a Tag for customization of what Technician will appear out of Construction Yards (Defaults to Original Tags)

[Side]
Side.Technician=

[Side]
Side.Engineer=

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I could really use these too, I've got eight different sides each with there own unique engineer but only one can be used as a survivor for all of them >.>

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I coded them just for fun yesterday, but I can't include them yet, because they rely on some code restructuring that hasn't happened yet. It also enables Survior.Side#= on buildings.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yay Smile

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is this editable via maps too? Would be nice for some mixed up houses.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Probably INI Edits done via Maps or something?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He's asking if the new tags you have introduced will be read on mission load, such as on modes or map file ini edits, and thus overwrite existing tag settings in rulesmd.ini.

He basically wants tag redefine-ability for modes or maps.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exactly, remember how I talked about that it was not possible to change Type= and Action= on SuperWeapons in maps? I'm asking whether this is changeable in maps.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That should be the default case for Ares tags. You can override them in game modes and maps. Only a few tags do not support this.

Some other thing: Is anybody relying on the way Ares handles new sides? That is, Crew, Disguise, SurvivorDivisor, BaseDefenseCounts and friends default to the "Allied" versions instead of the "Third" versions as the original game would do?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think most ppl would be using there own setting for those tags instead of relying on the default ones. If you did change the default setting tho it wouldn't be hard for the modder to add the tags & change them back.

PS: Any chance of getting custom text colours for each sides GUI too?

Last edited by Mig Eater on Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What Mig said. I also have two more sides, never noticed what you just asked about... I overrid them all.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP: you are mixing things. SW types are really not a single type, but one dozen of types. You can't change BuildingTypes from rules into Map-Infantry types either. I already explained you this.

Custom text colors was implemented in my other branch already.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, which branch is it in?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I haven't committed it yet. It's the same branch that contains all the changes I mentioned in the TS Logics thread.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon