Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:31 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Planetary Assault Carrier
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject:  Planetary Assault Carrier
Subject description: some workaround for flying aircraft carriers
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hai mortals Very Happy

Here, as promised, I will include Tutorial for Planetary Assault Carrier, Aircraft which can spawn aircraft in same manner as Aircraft Carrier.
Well, as we all know, there is no way (for now) aircrafts to be spawned from air, therefore its still impossible. But it is possible if you put Aircraft carrier on ground.

Main key is that you use two weapons.
Primary whatever you need, mostly I use cell range finder (so I would know which range is maximum for carrier if target is outside its range).
Secondary is HornetLauncher, which can be fired when aircraft is deployed on ground in same manner as Siege Chopper.
So, here are my codes:

[WSHP]
UIName=NOSTR:Warship
Name=Warship
Prerequisite=YAWEAP,NAPSIS,YATECH
Primary=CellRangeFinder ;WarshipRangeFinding
Strength=1000
Category=AirPower
Armor=light
TechLevel=10
Sight=8
RadarInvisible=no
MoveToShroud=yes
BalloonHover=yes ; ie never land
;OmniFire=yes ;GEF moving to weapon
Speed=10
JumpjetSpeed=10 ;params not defined use defaults (old globals way up top called Jumpjet controls)
JumpjetClimb=12 ; SJM increased from 2 so Kirov can get out of factory before doors close
JumpjetCrash=12 ; Climb, but down
JumpJetAccel=12
JumpJetTurnRate=2
JumpjetHeight=750
;JumpjetWobbles=.01 ; ! value of zero stop wobbles?  NO!  Wobbles of zero means div by 0 crash.  "How many wobbles would you like?"  "0"  "You must have wobbles!!!  I kill you!"
;JumpjetDeviation=1
JumpjetNoWobbles=yes ; Really small numbers on two lines above don't actually slow down the wobbling since it is the amplitude of a sinusoidal curve
Crashable=yes ; JJ plummets down like aircraft
PitchSpeed=.9
PitchAngle=0
Owner=YuriCountry
Cost=2500
Soylent=2000
Points=100
ROT=10
SpeedType=Hover
Crewed=no
ConsideredAircraft=yes
Explosion=TWLT070,S_BANG48,S_BRNL58,S_CLSN58,S_TUMU60
MaxDebris=14
IsSelectableCombatant=yes
VoiceSelect=ScrinMothershipSelect
VoiceMove=ScrinMothershipMove
VoiceAttack=ScrinMothershipAttackCommand
VoiceFeedback=
VoiceCrashing=BrontoDie
DieSound=
CrashingSound=BrontoDie
ImpactLandSound=KirovCrash
Locomotor={92612C46-F71F-11d1-AC9F-006008055BB5} ;Jumpjet
MovementZone=Fly
ThreatPosed=30 ; This value MUST be 0 for all building addons
DamageParticleSystems=SparkSys,SmallGreySSys
AuxSound1=Dummy ;Taking off
AuxSound2=Dummy ;Landing
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no
VeteranAbilities=STRONGER,FIREPOWER,SIGHT,FASTER
EliteAbilities=SELF_HEAL,STRONGER,FIREPOWER,ROF
SelfHealing=Yes
MoveSound=KirovMoveLoop
;ElitePrimary=BlimpBombE
Parasiteable=no
Size=50
Bunkerable=no; Units default to yes, others default to no
IsSimpleDeployer=yes
UnloadingClass=WSHPU
DeployFire=yes
DeployToLand=yes
DeployFireWeapon=1
Secondary=HornetLauncher
Spawns=INVDR
SpawnsNumber=4
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
DeployingAnim=;none
CanPassiveAquire=no

[WSHPU]
UIName=NOSTR:Warship
Name=Warship
UnloadingClass=WSHP
TechLevel=-1
AllowedToStartInMultiplayer=no

[CellRangeFinder]
Damage=0
ROF=100
Range=25
Projectile=InvisibleHigh
Speed=100
Warhead=Super
OmniFire=yes
FireOnce=yes

1. Cell Range Finder is only Dummy weapon for carrier when its in air. it basically has no purpose except to move carrier in maximum range of hornet launcher (25 cells), so if target is at 30 cells around from carrier, when you order him to attack target, he will just move towards 25 cells, so you will know that target is in range.
When you want to move carrier, just double click on it, then order him to move somewhere, he will fly in air and stay until you deploy him again.

2. Hornet Launcher is secondary weapon. Double click on carrier and he will  land, activating secondary weapon, so each time you click on target, small aircrafts will exit from carrier and flying towards target to attack it. Thats no different from navy carrier at all.
IMPORTANT: Always use CanPassiveAquire=no on aircraft carrier, because when on ground, aircrafts will randomly start attacking targets on their own, so you cant control carrier to attack whatever you need.
This all means that aircraft carrier cannot be used by AI, only by Human target.

3. Unloading class is just for visual purposes, as I added him ,,opened roof" on ground, where from aircrafts will be spawned. If you do not need it just leave UnloadingClass=WSHP

4. If you decide to have unloading class ,do not forget to put alternate image in vehicle types. Do not forget to add in aircraft types aircraft which will be spawned, and carrier itself in vehicle types.

5. This is just example, use micromanagement to balance carrier yourself.
Decrease its hornet launcher range if you wish, add him higher cost, primary weapon, change speed, armor, anything you wish...

UNWANTED EFFECT: When aircrafts are flying towards target, and you order carrier to unload and move in air, they cannot get back to him until he deploys to ground again, meaning that all spawned aircrafts in air will land immediately after firing their weapon. Once carrier is on land again, spawned aircrafts will automatically fly and back to him.
Well, this can be bonus feature to you, if you need to run away immediatelly, you will undeploy carrier to air leaving aircrafts to be destroyed because they are free anyway, but carrier itself is costly, so sometimes there is no need to wait aircrafts to back.

This is basically how it looks ingame

1. Screenshot: Two Planetary Assault Carriers in air, with its cell range finder dummy weapon, doing nothing.

2. Screenshot: Both Carriers landed on ground, changed to unload image, now they have opened roof where invaders will exit from. Also as you can see, there is no move move command over him.

3. Screenshot: Invaders exiting from carriers and bombarding that building with photons.

PROS:
- Awesome range, even outrages AA defenses and Artillery
- If not defended, enemy will suffer huge loss and damage from aircrafts
- Moves in air, which means less chance to get destroyed, moves safer and even above cliffs, mountains, forests and water.
- Endurance, heavy armor (strenght 1000) and self healing.

CONS:
- Must land to attack which means that every vehicle and soldier can attack it, so bigger chance to get destroyed.
- Long aircraft reload and replacement of loss aircraft before next attack
- Almost defenseless (totally defenseless in air, and can attack with aircraft on grounds to retaliate but only when you order it to do, wont auto hit back)
- Slow speed (double faster than Kirov)
- Cannot unload over water, making carrier useless.
- Expensive cost

Computer wont use it properly because he is dumb to control it (deploy/undeploy to attack), so its useless for computer.
However, you can put it on campaign maps via FA2, double click on it and select Undeploy, therefore he will be undeployed and Fire secondary weapon constantly each time your units come in weapon's range, as AI does not obey CanPassiveAquire=no

Key Words: #Tutorials #Modding #RedAlert2 #YurisRevenge #Rules.INI 

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That really depends on the style of aircraft carrier. You could give aircraft carrier guns for that so they can shoot while in the air.

Nice tutorial, I just might create aircraft air carrier. just might...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice example code, but i wouldn't call this a tutorial.
For a tutorial you should explain how and why you used keys like the following and also explain in short how they work
IsSimpleDeployer=yes
UnloadingClass=WSHPU
DeployFire=yes
DeployToLand=yes
DeployFireWeapon=1
Secondary=HornetLauncher
Spawns=INVDR
SpawnsNumber=4
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
DeployingAnim=;none

Also explain why you think this is the best solution. Why not using a real deployer?

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
That really depends on the style of aircraft carrier. You could give aircraft carrier guns for that so they can shoot while in the air.

Well, thats why I wrote this

5. This is just example, use micromanagement to balance carrier yourself.
Decrease its hornet launcher range if you wish, add him higher cost, primary weapon, change speed, armor, anything you wish...

Because I needed to show one example, as you would say ,,one style" of carrier. People will make and balance how they need it.
I added him weapon previosly, but I had to put canpassiveaquire=no because of secondary weapon, and use his primary weapon to another aircraft, so I did not need weapon actually. But I may add him some laser based weapon for defense.

Zero18 wrote:
Nice tutorial, I just might create aircraft air carrier. just might...

Thanks man, I am glad that you like it and found useful.
And thank you for posting here.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Nice example code, but i wouldn't call this a tutorial.

Lin
Kuei
Ominae
Very Happy

(Haosis style - three lines plus fourth smiley. Dont ask me, its just long tradition over years).
Well thank you for posting here too.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
For a tutorial you should explain how and why you used keys like the following and also explain in short how they work
IsSimpleDeployer=yes
UnloadingClass=WSHPU
DeployFire=yes
DeployToLand=yes
DeployFireWeapon=1
Secondary=HornetLauncher
Spawns=INVDR
SpawnsNumber=4
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
DeployingAnim=;none

Sorry, I did not understand well. What should I exactly explain here?
its pretty much self-explained. Simply, all codes are necessery. Logically that Spawns=INVDR  determinates which planes are to be launched, and such codes.
Do I need to explain them anyway? I though everyone knows of those codes, they just needed trick how to combine them.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Also explain why you think this is the best solution. Why not using a real deployer?

What do you mean by ,,real deployer"? Do you mean deployer like your juggernaut in TS, vehicle type which deploys into building?

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, he probably means why not deploy the carrier into a building. Although I can see a reason: If it deploys into a building, it can just be undeployed and then deployed again to reload and respawn the planes if they have been destroyed. (unless there is some deploy limit, I don't know if this would work. Slow to land or to take air (so it would be hard to be deploying and undeploying)? Or perhaps "undeployDelay" on the building? Too convoluted and unlikely)

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar, good point now (its weird, but its true), however both you and Lin Kuei Ominae forgot that building cannot be deployed everywhere, in every terrain unlike unit when land (at least in RA2, I tested long time ago juggernaut which deploys into building, and he could not deploy where I ordered him all time, sometimes he move toward ,,clear" place to undeploy) so on cliffs or such there is no way to deploy unit.
That is main advantage of siege chopper, because as unit, it can land and be ,,deployed" everywhere where regular unit can stand. Same for carrier. It doesnot deploy into anything, it just lands and change apperience.

And no, you cant abuse that logic, to unload carrier into air when jets are bombarding, waiting them to reload and deploying him again when you attack, undeploying again into air etc...
As I have said , once Aircraft carrier is in air, aircrafts will land immediately on ground after firing their weapon. They cannot go back to carrier to reload when he is in air. That means that jets will land in middle of enemy base. They will get destroyed, meaning that it will be longer until carrier creates new ones, rather than just reload their ammo.
SpawnRegenRate=600
SpawnReloadRate=150
See what I mean?
So, you cant abuse that logic definitively. Only in rare cases maybe, but I haven't done that yet.

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant you could abuse it if it was a building, not now. Because every time you deploy into a building, it would be a "new" building with the three spawns new, ready and reloaded. So that would be the main problem of the building-deploy.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah that. Haha, you should explain that then, like you just did.

I did not know that, I haven't tried yet.
Did you try this? Does it really respawns with three new fighters?
That actually makes sense what you are talking about, but yet again, building cannot be deployed everywhere.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [8 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon