Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:11 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Kojima's making a new Metal Gear once agaiin :)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject:  Kojima's making a new Metal Gear once agaiin :)
Subject description: WOOT WOOT!! YOU RULE KOJIMA-SAN
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In order to repay what I've done, something nice needs to be post. I'm an avid fan of Metal Gear, something you guys don't know or if you have checked my twitter profile at least. As I said, Hideo-sama is making a new Metal Gear once again. The game is called "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain".

"It is an upcoming canonical installment in the Metal Gear series. Being developed by Kojima Productions, it will be running on the Fox Engine and published by Konami. Hideo Kojima is writing, directing and doing the game design, as well as producing it.

This game is currently in development for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. However, job listings for the game at GDC 2012 and GDC 2013 suggest that it will be developed for the PC as well, but this has yet to be confirmed."
-Metal Gear Wiki

Of course the protagonist is not Solid Snake but rather Big Boss. The story takes place after the Peace Walker Incident and Ground Zeroes Incident.

Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pRSZy12EOSs#at=25

Gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kevw_xPL8Yc

Wanna know more? Vist Metal Gear Wiki Smile

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Series went down hill after Sons of Liberty... more canon fuckery that can't be explained by nanomachines coming up!

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You're saying after the MGS2 the upcoming MGS made you confused?

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't know what to expect exactly, i was never much into the story as it can be kinda confusing sometimes with the timeline, but the gameplay for all were awesome (all but the ztyping vamp fight in 2 and the "The End" in 3 which i think it's also kinda difficult) but in general they were fun and of what i could get of the story it's great too.

Kojima never let us down with crappy (come on, that new one with raiden looks really bad-ass =P) sequences unlike other franchises , soo as strange as the trailer of that new one looks like, i think it will be great, unfortunately i still don't plan to have an ps3 anytime soon, soo...meh, i'll be watching the youtube gameplays. =/

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well. I wanna get a PS3 already but I need to save alot of money as for the timeline. Here is the Metal Gear chronology this will help you avoid confusion.

Metal Gear Solid 3 (1964)
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops (1969)
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker (1974)
Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes (??)
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (??)
Metal Gear (1995)
Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake (1999)
Metal Gear Solid (2005)
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty (2007-2009)
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (2014)
Metal Gear: Rising Revengeance (2018)

Quote:
but the gameplay for all were awesome (all but the ztyping vamp fight in 2 and the "The End" in 3 which i think it's also kinda difficult) but in general they were fun and of what i could get of the story it's great too.

I agree with The End very hard but It's very easy for me to whack him for good without killing him in Ponizovje #Tongue  Vamp? Never fought it but my classmate did.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, I'm saying the storyline got ztyping stupid after 2.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After MGS on the PS1, the series has sucked. MGS4 is a snoozefest. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd put in a movie. Sheesh. >.>

Steam

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
After MGS on the PS1, the series has sucked. MGS4 is a snoozefest. If I wanted to watch a movie, I'd put in a movie. Sheesh. >.>

Have you ever played MGS3?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CoD > all

Trust me, I have seen it and played it. I don't even like MSG at all.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CoD is boring and slow. UT all the way.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you think Call of Duty is slow, you're doing it wrong.

Quote:

No. It would likely bore me to tears.

Steam

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
CoD is boring and slow. UT all the way.

Other FPS games I played are too fast and frames are choppy. CoD is like the most smoothest frame game. I like Borderlands, but on special exceptions that I like MMORPGFPS.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
If you think Call of Duty is slow, you're doing it wrong.

Quote:

Lemme guess? Did the ending made ya cry? #Tongue

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:

I personally find it the best MGS in the series.

If you think MGS is the best one, I'd really suggest to play this one.

But you do what you want of course.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:
FurryQueen wrote:

Hooray for this guy! XD

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0warfighter0 wrote:

I'm not that big of an MGS fan honestly. I've played Metal Gear on the NES (can't wait to try it on the MSX) and MGS on the PS1. I have no real desire to play anything else.

Steam

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [16 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon