Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
London Tube Station... cor blimey treacle....
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject:  London Tube Station... cor blimey treacle.... Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Eastenders fans rejoice. Or Kensington wimps like me. Anyway, what do you think?

tubestation.gif
 Description:
Tube Station. With its familiar symbol.
 Filesize:  2.43 KB
 Viewed:  10114 Time(s)

tubestation.gif

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol. You gonna add some stairs or something?

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its got stairs hasnt it? underneith the sign there looks like some stairs but very dark.(lol just like real life...)

ENGLAND 2006!!! HAWAY THE LADS!!!

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, maybe it has. They're a bit too dark if they are.

TerroR
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

underground train station?

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

generally called subways...

[img]http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=953[/img]

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Generally called Subways in America, this is not America, this is a London train station, which happens ot be in Britain. I am British myself, so I will call it an Underground Station.

Venom
Laser Commando

Location: Floating along the river Stix, just about inside Hades but not quite there.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

its a smelly old subway, where old people get mugged everyday, and theres graffiti on the walls, its a subway

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, see in this country we have police. And they actually do things rather than sit about eating 'donuts' all day. It is a London underground station, where police are present and thousands of commuters travel on each day and they all go back home on them happy, safe, and feeling un-mugged.

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

haha, the londan train stations is one of the number one places in the world to get mugged (according to some tv show)

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not true. Unless its one of those deserted train stations... there are always loads of people about a London trian station, hardly anyone gets mugged there... especially the central London ones.

There has to be police in underground stations, by law.

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lord Kal wrote:
No, see in this country we have police. And they actually do things rather than sit about eating 'donuts' all day. It is a London underground station, where police are present and thousands of commuters travel on each day and they all go back home on them happy, safe, and feeling un-mugged.

Yup, they feel safe after all the speeding tickets are given out Rolling Eyes.

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Number one place in the world to get mugged? Don't make me laugh. What about places like Nigeria? My uncle lives there and he has 2 armed bodyguards follow him around everywhere.

All the african countries are dangerous because if you carry valuables they'll mug you. Thats absolute nonsense.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So when are you making the millenium dome

I really! wanna blow that up with some Titans Smile

IHM
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

erm, england rules, american smells.....
anyway, we do call them subways too...sometimes, but we dont call underground trainstations subways, subways are just underground walkways.....

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've never called it a subway. It's the Underground to me, and always will be.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Underground, Subway there the same bloody thing, hell the french have another name for theres, but its still the same thing. Less talk on what a things called, more opinions on a persons efforts.

Im British id call it a Subway or Underground, doesn't make a bit of difference.

Personaly i think its good, but the stairs should be brighter, but only the steps imo.

P.S can we stop the my country is better and yours sucks crap, its imature.

W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i thought it was 'london tube'?thats what the news reports say but i dont live in london so there.

zuegma
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i always hated the tube to many tramps so i moved

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its 'London Underground', often shortened to the tube.

The millenium dome? Thats an idea... would be tricky to make though.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice substation. I agree that the stairs is to dark but that can be easaly fixed.

Oh an I cant help but say it America Rules! Laughing (but then wonders why my home town is called London even though its in America) Confused

Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because America couldnt be bothered to think of any names of their own. Anyway, I would never live in America... its not bad for a holiday but I would NEVER live there. I can't stand the people.

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well some people who live in America can't stand the people.

Remember America was colonized by the British and other European countries, so many places are named after places in England. It's not our fault the colonists were homesick and unimaginative. Besides, you try coming up with original names for places in a country this big.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
W/P
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ermmm.....newlandsville, helpwerelostown, lol sorry bout that. the only american i hate is Bush. although steryotipical texans are annoying

devin11590
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

eghem, there ARE americans here, and i dont smell, (points at location...) the germans call it the U-Bahn which means subway, so we arent alone.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

:pleased:, I know it don't work here, but I like that one

Fremen5
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

know what? this is starting to become a flame war...
all over what is a proper name over a subway, U-bahn,a London Tube Station, or whatever you prefer to call it...
a very stupid argument...
let's all drop it...
please...

Venom
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just thought it was called subway by most, in my american ignorance, I had no quarrel I was just bein fun

Sk8erkid
INSANE

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TOPIC ON VERGE OF BEING SPLITTED AND MOVED TO OFFTOPIC DISCUSSION.... So please try to stick to the graphic because im not very good with the Admin panel and dont want to loose the topic if i try to move it Wink

Godwin
GDI Hacker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

whatever, what a stupid argument, they're all the same bloody thing

Dragon Stein Cole
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Getting back on topic...

I'd say its a very good London Underground station... although i would like to see an overground version. Y'know, the actual building... like the tube's Morden Terminus (mainly because i live near ther :p)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL
Lord Kal
Soldier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good thinking. Like Baron's Court. Ill do one of those too.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job, Kal Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job, Kal Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [35 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon