Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:26 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Mod Announcment: C&C New Eden
Moderators: Generals Moderators, Global Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 3:25 pm    Post subject:  Mod Announcment: C&C New Eden
Subject description: Tiberian Sun Total Conversion
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

(sorry but this project has been scrapped)

Shortly after the severing of the human colonies by the collapsing of the Evegate, mankind became divided. Clashes between factions arose causing wars, and the once free people became slaves to self ambition. Construction of gigantic spaceships arose fighting for dominion over the heavens. Demand for resources to fuel these behemoths became ever more crucial so the mass colonization of distant systems began. Within these virgin systems, many new worlds await containing vast resources known and unknown. The era of supremacy has begun and you are a commander leading millions into battle for the empire of your choice. It is your job alone to claim this wealth for humanity so that one day, you may rule over the cosmos that in the past, ruled over you.

May I Present:

Command and Conquer New Eden is a Tiberian Sun Total conversion to the ground level of the Eve Online universe. C&C New Eden with feature four factions each with unique game play and art design.

the Caldari State is today a corporate dictatorship, led by rulers who are determined to see it return to the meritocratic ideals of old. Ruthless and efficient in the boardroom as well as on the battlefield, the Caldari are living emblems of strength, persistence, and dignity.

The Amarrians rule a vast Empire, the largest and oldest of the four empires. Ruled by a mighty Empress, this vast theocratic society is capable of selfless acts and unspeakable evils, all in the name of their god.

Once a thriving tribal civilization, the Minmatar were enslaved by the Amarr Empire for more than 700 years until a massive rebellion freed most, but not all. The Minmatar people today are resilient, ingenious, and hard-working. Scarred from their past, they persevere to one day restore their heritage and bring freedom to those that have none.

Champions of liberty and fierce guardians of the human spirit, the Gallente Federation is the only true democracy in New Eden. Some of the most progressive leaders, scientists, and businessmen of the era have emerged from its diverse peoples. Today, Gallentean star ships are manned by some of the bravest men and women of New Eden.

Each race will be designed to have one area of expertise being defense, offense, utility, or support. They will all consist of heavy and light armored units so none of the factions will be void of any particular type.  At this moment each faction includes a total of 13 structures and 12 units, more unit types in their specialty. All units, aside from mass production infantry and vehicles, will perform more than one role having two functions.

Question: Four factions, how do you tend to complete such a large task?

I have already taken the liberty of adding all four factions (thanks to Superjoe) in addition to many other things prior to posting this. All units and structures have been named, priced, and balanced as far as prep work goes. Color pallettes for voxels and shp artwork have already been modified to include the proper color theme for each faction. Four factions will be a lot of work, so some shortcuts will be necessary. Each faction will consist of 13 structures, several of those structures are the same in all factions. O.R.E. (outer ring excavations) within EVE online, owns the monopoly on mining equipment so there will be only one type of refinery, silo, harvester, and repair facility and they will all be of the O.R.E. design. This will remove the need to design 3 voxels, and 9 structures. Also build up animations are a lot of extra work that I feel doesn’t contribute enough for the work involved. So all build up animations will be similar to Dune2000, Generals, and CNC4 having the same build animation for all structures (maybe different for each faction).

Question: Why Tiberian Sun and not Red Alert 2 with Ares?

Ra2 is definetely more advanced and Ares brings a lot of features that are excellent for modding, but one word stands out for me that can’t be overshadowed, Standalone. It was always my intention to create a full fledged game one day and by modding a standalone TS I am able to do so. I am not limited by copyright or having to place my mod into a special installer, it’s easy to download and play. Plus, you will get ten times the downloads when others on Moddb and Desura find out they don’t need the original game to play.

Question: Are you looking to form a mod team?

Eventually yes, but I will finish all the preliminary work and some examples on what I would like the mod to look like. This is just and announcement thread, I am not forming a team just yet.

It will most likely take several years to complete this project so look forward to many updates in the future. I hope you are all excited as I am to see how this mod progresses and I will continue to post more as more content is created. Peace out from Aydra

Last edited by Aydra on Tue May 21, 2013 3:45 am; edited 2 times in total

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think more pictures would make this post a little more vibrant so here is new color palette in use. I also fixed voxels.vpl so all the shading is fixed.

Here is one of the Gallente units with the new palette.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was it based upon the VPL I sent back then? #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the vpl you sent me was working for the original TS palette, but I had to make my own after I adjusted more of the color schemes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mhm, I see.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have a zoomed out screenshot of the Gremlin? I'm curious to see how it looks less pixelated.

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here ya go

Gremlin screenshot.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  260 KB
 Viewed:  5063 Time(s)

Gremlin screenshot.jpg

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2013 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm, well to me it seems like TS will never be capable enough for this but good luck anyway... also there is of course still copyright on TS. Just because it's freeware it doesn't mean all the content, including the engine, is theres so you wouldn't be able to really claim it as an indie game. Why not OpenRA? I'd love to see a whole new mod for it that's unrelated to C&C.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kinda makes me think of my Team Black tank.. cept this is buttloads better #Tongue

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Deformat
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't wanna be bad, but it's a bit too dark #Tongue

However, I like what you're doing here. Can't wait to see more progress.

I've moved to OpenRA. It supports RA2/TS graphics (well, shadows need to be fixed) and also voxels (full support, except .VPL support AFAIK). There are still stuff to be implemented, however IMO it's fully usable.

The coding is different, but the game is Open Source, and I suppose you can distribute it in a similar manner to TS.

However, I understand your desire of distributing it easily. Smile

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IIRC engine builds a 3d shape out of voxel.
OpenRA doen't need any VPL but some kind of shader.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whilst the story isn't to my tastes I'll be looking forward to seeing results. You are the kind of person that has a very good eye for detail and quality so I'm certain you'll do a good job!

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aliens...

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Whilst the story isn't to my tastes I'll be looking forward to seeing results. You are the kind of person that has a very good eye for detail and quality so I'm certain you'll do a good job!

thx

Quote:
Aliens...

There really aren't any aliens in Eve online, there are renegade factions such as sansha, bloodraiders, and rogue drone infestations.

I'm surprised there isnt more enthusiasm about a Eve online mod, practically none exist for any game (I only found one). It's one of the most realistic, hardcore mmo games that exist. The artstyle for each race is done very well and the story, though quite mature and political, is extensive. Dust 514 does bring Eve to a ground level but there are only three vehicle types....

Death Cultist
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Interesting, what sort of specializations is each faction going to have?

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Caldari will have the highest damage output and range.
- mainly use rockets and sonic warfare

Amarr
focuses on assisting by either disabling or repair/healing.
- Use of lasers and EMP

Minmatar
are focused on utility having the highest speed and stealth units.
- use of projectiles like cannons and rapid firing turrets

Gallente are the most durable having the highest hitpoints and armor.
- blasters and railguns are their main choice of weapons

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

as good as that sounds
but seems too unbalanced

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking good, I might look for what each faction especializes into, but it can easily get unbalanced easily as Exley said.

I will also look for the future changes to the terrain (if there will be any) as you might want to make an total different feeling than the vanilla TS =P

Good luck with the mod!!!  Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This mod is looking attractive so far and if you need hosting, just PM me with the name and description of the main forum of the mod and its subforums.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amazing how some photoshop skills can let people fall for one. All I see is a light tank. If the rest can live up to the looks then thats pretty cool.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

amazing how some people can live without intelligence. All I see is an idiot. If he can do better then thats pretty cool.

Look at TSTW then realize he's not talking out from his ass unlike you, fool.

=======================

Aydra
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been looking to work on a large modding project for some time and have been jumping from idea to idea. I thought this would have been a good modification to work on but no matter how I try to cut corners or save work, adding four factions is just too much work. I also misjudged the popularity of Eve online and found out it wasn't as well known I thought it out to be. Due to these reasons I've decided to scrap it. I will be working on something less ambitious for the time being.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Aydra wrote:
no matter how I try to cut corners or save work, adding four factions is just too much work.

so add 2 Smile

Aydra wrote:

I also misjudged the popularity of Eve online and found out it wasn't as well known I thought it out to be. Due to these reasons I've decided to scrap it.

if you like it, do it, don't do for others Smile
that makes no fruit
1st do it for yourself, for you, to enjoy it, then if you see its for public, polish it and release Smile

also you shouldn't hurry with ideas or anything
I'm not part of any public mod, but I did start my TS mod way back in 2005
and jumped back and front, and rebooted it totaly 2 years ago
yet I do it for myself, not masses Smile
and to be honest its more enjoyable that way

*just lil words of encouragement Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [23 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon