Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Planets Fight!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject:  Planets Fight!
Subject description: (Earth and Moon were too small for them)
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, Very Happy

On Earth and Moon was too boring, so fight continues on some exotic planets

This is X Planet, in purple color.

This is Y Planet, in blue color

This is Z Planet, in red color. May be even Mars.

But guys, how can I get rid of that mini map color, it is always grey during gameplay?
Yes, in map selection, it is what I chose and during map loading, but in radar, it is original lunar grey color.
That is not much problem however, you are outside of our solar system (or better say, outside our planet), so you cannot get exact proper radar colors of terrain scan due to signal interference.
Still, can this be fixed per map, or it is theater based only?

That Lasher Tank in each screenshot was for testing purpose to see if terrain disturbs units visually, but does not seem so.Everything seems Ok.

Blue Planet

Bright Planet

Dark Planet

Green Planet

Light Planet

Purple Planet

Red Planet

Yellow Planet

So basically now, with this, we can create lot of maps on different ,,planets" on unused Lunar theater.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Last edited by MasterHaosis on Sun May 19, 2013 3:22 am; edited 2 times in total

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yuri Planet ! Allied planet ! And soviet Planet ! #Tongue, nice effects i love the purple environment Very Happy

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDITED FIRST POST! I ADDED 8 SCREENSHOTS!

Bu7loos,

Thanks man, I am glad that you like it. Please check it now, see new colors and tell how do you like them.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

there's some potential there
converting to Mars, Neptune and maybe Uranus scenery

the purple one reminds me on planet Psychlo from battlefield earth #Tongue

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't breath... *gasps for air*

Looks nice and very unique. You should add Lunar Cliffs to make it interesting? There are cliffs in other planets, you know, like Mars, even Venus.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah it's all good loving the dark and light planet Very Happy

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks guys!
Zaro18, thank you. Yes, I know there are cliff of course, I just did not have time for it cause it was about 5-6 AM, and I was only testing environment. Logically, maps will include everything what Moon has.
There are even Initiates, which will be removed logically.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the idea!

Exley wrote:
Neptune and maybe Uranus scenery

War in a gas blob!

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pd, thanks! I am suprised that you posted here Smile

I am also surprised that Fen and Graion Dilach did not comment here yet as they seems to like such weird ideas, especially when it comes out by me.

Guys, pd is right. Some of planets are actually made of various gases, I do not think fully operational base can be assembled there like in Moon or some rock based planets.

I will post tutorial soon regarding this how I made such environment.

pd
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm lurking in the shadows of PPM all the time, it's not much of a surprise if I post. #Tongue

I suppose you simply edited the palettes for those terrains?

They still have a little too much saturation in my opinion, but it's fun how something simple like that can easily create entirely new atmospheres. Add a few doodads such as special trees etc and you got yourself completely new worlds without a lot of work (I suppose).

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, those are indeed terrainpalchanges.

I also did similar as terrain refit... #Tongue

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HAHAHAAHAHHAHA!!!!!

pd, Graion Dilach! So finally I managed to fool the best minds in world!
Yuri would be proud!
Changing palettes eh?
My friends, tell me, in that case, how the hell can I have few different maps in same time?
Remember, Lunar theater is only one! I can recolor only to one color, yet again I have few maps.

here is small secret: Lunar theater has something which others lack at.
Now thinking.....
Since its good discover, I will reveal it in tutorial no worry, but now we have nice discussion. What it can be?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Color changes are done via map lighting, obviously.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku,

hahaha! You got it! Very Happy
How the hell did you know?

You see guys, only thing which Moon theater has which others dont is neutral grey color. So you can easily manipulate with colors via map lightning! But only Red, Green and Blue tint. i did not touch other lights.
And what is beautiful that map lightning does not affect units and buildings like invisible light post!

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

hahaha! You got it! Very Happy
How the hell did you know?

Because it's the most obvious way of doing it. Terrain palette recolor is bit cumbersome, doubted you would do that. It's not a superweapon or trigger color tint since buildings are unaffected. That leaves map lighting.

I don't really think explaining that by altering the color values under map [Lighting] section you can alter the color of the map to an extent is worth a tutorial of it's own though.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:

Because it's the most obvious way of doing it. Terrain palette recolor is bit cumbersome, doubted you would do that. It's not a superweapon or trigger color tint since buildings are unaffected. That leaves map lighting.

Yes, but majority would get it wrong, I knew it Very Happy
Because Speeder most likely in MO in Lost colony used perhaps recolored  theaters, I do not know, I haven't played it, just guessing.
I am sure he has three terrains, one is dark, one is blue and one is purple.

Starkku wrote:
I don't really think explaining that by altering the color values under map [Lighting] section you can alter the color of the map to an extent is worth a tutorial of it's own though.

Hmm... You think [Lighting] section via map.ini editing?
I edited lighting in FA2.
Its not worth yes, but giving some tips and informations regarding it would be worth, as you can see that its not very common to people. And everything, even that has some restrictions.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course you wouldn't do this with terrain editing. That would be moronic.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Maps MasterHaosis Smile

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dunno, IMO paledits are way easier than that one. I mean, I could do mine within 3 minutes and 2 of those were PSP's loading... however I still can't stand FA2.

Ah well, I can have a bad day too.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only reason there would be to edit the terrain would be for radar colour xD (and you wouldn't even need to edit their color/pallete AFAIK) but it really adds an different feeling for the maps, it's kinda sad lunar theater is really limited without any "terrain expansion", it kinda suckys but really nice find, i would do something like that someday, good thinking MasterHaosis.  Very Happy

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Trivia information: Lunar theater actually also lacks some hardcoded special logics such as the sparkles for water tiles (not so bad) and any handling for bridges (leads to IE's and nonworking bridges, thus bad) for an example, if such things were to be added to it. Not that it matters much if you keep it to the lunar terrain but if you'd want to replace the theater with something else, those things might pose some problems.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach, hehe, thats okay, we all have bad days.

But it was funny that I manage to trick people on simple stuff which is done in few seconds! Very Happy

However, main problem is grey radar, if Ares can fix that, it would be awesome. Ares should make Lunar theater exception, to depend on map lighting, same as terrain. As Lunar theater is useless, now with this we can make it more useable as it can mimic lot of planets.

Starkku, yeah, because mostly Lunar theater is made quickly, they only made it to work at what is it designed, to be moon exactly. So there aren't bridges, water and such.
Thats why my method works well because it is clean ground only, not water, buildings, trees, bridges and such. Only grey radar.
Starkku, can you list all limitations to moon? What exactly is disabled/missing from other theaters?

DaRkGlAcEoN wrote:

DaRkGlAcEoN,
Thanks, I am glad that you like it. Soon, it will be available to you, such method.
(how the hell do you remember your name with random caps on it? I had to copy-paste your name)
Hello man and welcome, I see you are new. Razz

Shadow Hunter wrote:
The only reason there would be to edit the terrain would be for radar colour xD (and you wouldn't even need to edit their color/pallete AFAIK) but it really adds an different feeling for the maps, it's kinda sad lunar theater is really limited without any "terrain expansion", it kinda suckys but really nice find, i would do something like that someday, good thinking MasterHaosis.  Very Happy

Thanks man! haha you praised me for that the most, thank you! Very Happy
I am glad that you found my ,,invention" useful.
I am sure many people got ideas now because of it.
Well, logically that I would find something one day because lunar is my favorite theater and map mission Very Happy so I spent some time on working on it and checking stuff there.
I try to stay useful and active for community as I can, depending on my free time, otherwise more tricks would come out from me Very Happy

I will tell you now how I got this idea.
Well, few days ago, I was messing in random map generation. I haven-t been there for years. I accidentally created desert map on morning I think, and saw that sand is red-pinkish. Cause buildings got unaffected, I suddenly got idea to use it on Lunar map to make Mars, because all previous attempts with invisible red light posts failed. Then I went to random map ini file, checked out parameters for morning, I went into FA2, and tried to replicate as I can. Obliviously, people were not playing around map lighting with lunar theaters, so I saw that it works actually. Thank lot of westwood making moon in good grey color so it can be easily manipulated. You can't recolor urban or others like that because of grass and other combinations, but in moon everything is grey.

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

DaRkGlAcEoN wrote:

DaRkGlAcEoN,
Thanks, I am glad that you like it. Soon, it will be available to you, such method.
(how the hell do you remember your name with random caps on it? I had to copy-paste your name)
Hello man and welcome, I see you are new. Razz

Yeah I'm new, Thanks. I use the Shift key to type it, It's only annoying to type on mobile devices XD You can call me Dark or Glace/Glaceon.

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah Dark Gaceon ! Now it makes sense Very Happy
How long are you modding man?
SO, you like those lunar maps. Which color do you like the most or you think that turned out the best?
For me, personally, purple rocks!

DaRkGlAcEoN
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Ah Dark Gaceon ! Now it makes sense Very Happy
How long are you modding man?

Do you mean "how long have I been modding?" If so, about a year. But I just started to Ares (about a week ago) because i found out it supports no cd. XD
MasterHaosis wrote:

SO, you like those lunar maps. Which color do you like the most or you think that turned out the best?
For me, personally, purple rocks!

I like the purple one the most.  Smile

4StarGeneral wrote:
I CAN USE CAPS TOO, HOW DOES IT FEEL?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Haosis, what's missing from lunar: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/896227

Ah yes that. But I thoigh other stuff whats missing from lunar aside bridges and water.
As far I know, everything else works fine, except trees are fucked up already. Though fair enough, I haven't tested anything aside moon environment, meaning no additional civilian buildings, ore and such. Just plain rocks with decoration as in lunar mission.

Graion Dilach wrote:
A tile's radar color is global. It can be changed, but that'll apply to all maps.

But can be radar fixed so it is affected by lighting same as terrain or it is not possible?
For example to activate it via tag in [General] section:
AllowRadarLightingInLunar=yes
so radar tiles would be affected each time map is ,,recolored" via lighting?
Or it must stay one global color?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, radar can't have such controls and radar can't be affected by map lighting.

=======================

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [28 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon