Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:14 pm
All times are UTC + 0
A warning about pepsi and cola
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [71 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:35 pm    Post subject:  A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OK first lets start with an obvious fact:Pepsi and cola are extremely harmful to your body...this is very obvious.

The question is, how harmful it is to your body and what does it do?

Pepsi and cola are FULLY chemicalized, with not even a single natural ingredient.

What most people dont know is, that the acid or carbonated water inside those *coughs* tasty beverages, are used to clean metals.

Note this actually worked:I took a napkin soaked it in pepsi, went down to the car and tried to polish the rims.After this process the rims were extremely shiny as if they are  knew, so imagine what it can do to human body.Drinking pepsi while eating food,is an example, pepsi turns the food to something very smelly and other stuff i wont describe,and then when the blood distributes the nutrients to the body , many toxins and poisons could possibly be created.

I am not saying to "dont drink pepsi for your entire life"just saying , dont abuse it, one can a week is ok.

Electrocaseal
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

youre mental as hell. with that said drink water every now and then fatty

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you for your wisdom Zen master.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What wisdom?Im trying to help and warn people.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electrocaseal wrote:
youre mental as hell. with that said drink water every now and then fatty

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electrocaseal = Shortbus, pay no attention.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some people have arrived in the forums today, and they already have posts being censoured. Way to go, buddy. Tone down your tongue if you wanna have a pacific coexistence in this forum.

Btw, Coca cola, Pepsi and these cola related sodas are a great way to assure that your toilet bowl works well, not matter the size of what is released on it. It's usually cheaper than a disinfectant.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Coca-Cola hasn't been the same since they took the cocaine out of it...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another failed topic, and got hunkered down again.Oh well im off.My apologies banshee.I just thought i could warn and help people.

Electrocaseal
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka warrior wrote:
Another failed topic, and got hunkered down again.Oh well im off.My apologies banshee.I just thought i could warn and help people.

next time double check your paranoia with alex jones

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I dont have paranoia. -_-

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Electrocaseal (aka ShortBus) has been banned, due to his own request (by posting a pr0n topic).

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tekka, Banshee's post wasn't towards you.
He clearly said [quote=banshee]ome people have arrived in the forums today[/quote] - look at your joining date and the joining date of Electrocaseal Wink
That said, I do agree that Coca cola is not the healthiest drink and can even be used to clean toilets, disintegrate meat and such stuff, yet I don't think that it is extremly bad for your body. I personally am convinces that taking other drugs (including alcohol and nicotine) have are much more grave Wink

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Whoops, please forgive my misunderstanding. So i guess this topic was at least a LITTLE helpful?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why I always see conspiracy theories on PPM once per week?!

Coke is bad because of the sugar in it which harms your teeth. The acids within it aren't an issue because your stomach is much more adidic than that.

It was helpful to see that you're blunt.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:55 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for being rude again...you dont have to prove to me that this thread wasnt helpful in such a disrespectful way, you couldve just said that without calling me blunt...

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The sugar is actually healthy, our body needs sugar. Its especially important for young children to develope well, hence why their taste prefers sweet and dislikes bitter. Its the artificial sugar of Zero that messes people up. That said it is ofc not healthy to consume too much sugar.
tekka you had good intentions but spreading paranoia is mostly doomed to get bad reactions.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you. Perhaps i was spreading it but i was blind, but that still gives Graion no right to call me blunt...

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No worries, Butthead is also as well...

Sugar causes hyperactivity and addiction at children.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sugar. There is enough Sugar in fruits to supply the need of children. It is just that sugar, if you see it based on the evolution theory, wasn't always avaible, thus, the craving was meant to search for sweet things (sweet meant that it contained sugar - even though that isn't always the case) in order to supply it.
Today, though, we have abundant sources of sugar (since sugar is well liked because of the 'natural craving') due to the fact, that it sells well and is quite liked. Our bodies couldn't adapt fast enough, leading to getting energy which isn't actually needed in the lifestyle we have (as to speak, people are getting fat and or hyperactive).
Well, I doubt that's the only reason, yet it seems pretty logically for me...

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cola and Pepsi have more in them than just sugar and acids. Plus, Coca Cola Zero is still as bad, if not more, to your health, despite having no sugar (it uses only artificial sweeteners).

Coca Cola Zero uses sodium cyclamate as an artificial sweetener, which has been banned in the USA. As it isn't banned in most of the Europe (and other places around the world), we get a "hilarious" situation, that US version of Cola Zero has no sodium cyclamate, but other countries in the world get the version with something that is considered carcinogenic in the USA.

Obviously, none of the people making decisions at Coca Cola cares that in their home country, sodium cyclamate is considered a carcinogenic (why would they anyway, they care only about the money).

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I used to drink coke almost everyday few years ago. But I decided to stop drinking it few months ago and now I drinks Gatorade or Powerade, even water.

But yes, water > all. Do animals drink pop? Orange juice? Chocolate milk? (Maybe except for milk because we need it for bones) No, they drink water.

it is gruesome to think and see hoe a simple drink or food can harm a person.

Too much sugar and you get diabetic then it is gg for you. (I don't even have diabetes. But I had several interpreters who has diabetes is because they eat and drink with too much sugar. Now they are basically forced to eat diet and less sugar food)

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: A warning about pepsi and cola Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Out of all beverages in this world, water is the healthiest and best drink, especially for kids.And i agree they care about the money they make, but not for the health of other people. Money is almost everything these days, without it you have no power.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speak so highly of yourself, my lord? I'm Jedi Jesus and I and only I can speak highly of myself. Drink water now, it purify your soul. Coke is evil.
Or I shall slash you with my blue cross light saber.

And no I'm not religious. I was being sarcasm for those people who don't understand.

tekka warrior
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Laughing  My point is, drinking water with food, is much better than coke.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You must be some kind of genius.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nutrition 101, duh. get this alex jones crap out of here though.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm going to have my sodas.  They're not as harmful as people make them out to be. Just don't go overboard and enjoy. Seriously. Why do people trump everything up so far?

Steam

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, nowadays everything we eat, drink can be pontentially dangerous for our health, if we can we should not overeat(drink) anything, everything at high doses can be dangerous, even water.(and cola and pepsi have an ztyping amount of sugar nevertheless) =P

But thanks for the info Tekka, even if it is kinda obvious.  Very Happy

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

we'll see how healthy water is when it comes out of a plastic bottle. Damn nanotech.

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Coca-Cola hasn't been the same since they took the cocaine out of it...

\

Coke or pop in general is only useful for chacing down liquor. Chugging back pop, and burgers and foods that even bacteria won't touch, it is no wonder we got people so fucked up and fat that they need a chair to move around. Laughing

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
it is no wonder we got people so fucked up and fat that they need a chair to move around. Laughing

It's generally not what you think that causes it. There's this portrayal that all obesity is just some fat tub of lard consuming nothing but fast food when that's probably not the case at all. Most fat people in this country are actually extremely poor. Since they have no money, their health suffers. The real cause of obesity is low income or unemployment, which seems weird at first. However, at least in the US, the food that's actually good for your health isn't cheap and the cheap food... it's not that great for you. They don't have $400 a month for a food budget so they get what's cheap and when you have to eat on the cheap, you stuff the cheapest shit into your cart and go with it. Normally that includes things that are high in fat, sodium and carbs. Put simply, it sucks.

[EDIT] Then factor in conditions like depression, which can easily cause weight gain. Eating brings comfort, but it doesn't last so you eat more. And more. And more.

Source: personal ztyping experience

Steam

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter wrote:
Well, nowadays everything we eat, drink can be pontentially dangerous for our health, if we can we should not overeat(drink) anything, everything at high doses can be dangerous, even water.(and cola and pepsi have an ztyping amount of sugar nevertheless) =P

But thanks for the info Tekka, even if it is kinda obvious.  Very Happy

I agree with this guy noo. Sweets are the ones that we should really avoid when it comes to taking it too much. I'm not saying you guys should stop but if too much sugar you'll suffer from diabetes which may cost your life. I suggest after eating or drinking something that contains sugar or some things that are too sweet, we should drink more water this will help us get rid of sugar in our body. That's what my grandfather told me.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@FurryQueen: I think it's rather that many never cooked in their life and simply stuff that junk food in them, than taking 30min to cook something.
A simple 10min pasta with some tomato-sauce is 1000times healthier than the junk food you can order. And for the sauce no disgusting american ketchup which is only vinegar, sugar and tomato flavor enhancers, but real tomatos and onions mixed with a bit 100% natural tomato-juice.

A good pea/bean/lentil stew can even last for several meals, so you only do the work once and can then eat 2 or 3 days.

In short: I think it's not about cost, but about laziness.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LKO, what FurryQueen says fits well with the data we get from studies of the subject.  Remember to fact check before spewing mildly xenophobic explanations.

"Health Foods" are generally more expensive, being that they are produced from higher quality ingredients.  Good example: Meat.  Lower fat cuts of meat and mince are far more expensive than regular packaged cuts and mince, which are more time consuming to prepare once bought.  And both are more expensive than the even less nutritious processed varieties.

Processed, prepackaged meals are also cheaper on average than raw ingredients used to produce healthy meals.  Your pasta example isn't particularly healthy, is dubiously machine-processed (unless you're making the pasta yourself, which is delicious but also time consuming and expensive), and lacks nutrition in multiple areas.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac wrote:
Your pasta example isn't particularly healthy, is dubiously machine-processed (unless you're making the pasta yourself, which is delicious but also time consuming and expensive), and lacks nutrition in multiple areas.

You make noodles at home? o.O
Not sure why you think that fresh tomatoes and onions aren't healthy. Even after short heating in the pan, the good vitamins are still in them.

It might be different in other countries, but i go in a supermarket and can buy fresh vegetables, fruits (apples, pears etc) for quite cheap money. (2kg Apples for 2.50 €, 1kg Tomatoes for about 1.50 €)

If i would buy a burger @ McD or BurgerKing for 3.99-5.99 €, it would be a lot more expensive and less to eat. For the same price you can make about 5-6 of them yourself using fresh/single ingredients (1 kg mincemeat for 4.99 € from the butcher would be enough for 10 burger).

With 400€/$ as FurryQueen mentioned, i would have to go each single day into a restaurant or order a pizza for 10€. Otherwise this is enough for me to get along for about 2-3 months and having a nice variety of fresh meals.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm with LKO, I regularly buy vegetables in bulk from the local market really cheap that can be made into meals that last days.

My sister on the other had buys processed food & often spends 3 times more to make the same amount of meals.

I think there is a big difference in price between some fresh & processed food tho, as Orca mention meat would be the main one which is more expensive but there are others such as vegetables that are cheaper fresh. So it really depends on your type of diet.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I do, actually, agree with both LKO and Furry (which is a novelty #Tongue)
I really think that 'healthy' food is cheaper - yet the cheepest thing is to make your own meals. That said, if you would, just hypothetically, eat sugar with flour and butter, it would be a lot cheaper (as far as I am concerned) and would still provide the eneded energy. Then again, it is unhealthy as hell #Tongue

Yet if you go to MCDonalds, it is a LOT expensive, since you need to eat at least 3 burgers (>3€) and you aren't even satisfied! If you add the pommes, the dessert and everything, it can easily go up to 5€ per meal. And a self-made meal, without the very best ingredients, is many times <5€ and it can be enough for at least 2 meals. (then again, it doesn't mean that self-made things are always healthier. I really like to use cream #Tongue)
I think that many people are just too lazy to invest time cooking. They like to eat Fastfood because they are already kind of addicted to the high amount of fat and sugar. If they cook their meals themselves, they would kind of lack what they are used to and thus being unsatisfied. Especially since their mentality, from the start, is, that they don't think that they can cook, which leads to not even trying it

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most it's gotta be down to laziness really. Who wouldn't rather pop down to KFC after a hard day at work rather than spend 30mins to an hour cooking? Though because I have no money I do cook a lot more. You can get rice and pasta & potatoes really cheap, meat is most expensive though you can often buy whole fish at ridiculously low prices.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I cook and pour pints for a living so I'd rather not have to do it when I get home too. Laughing

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had 4 cans of coke reading this.

Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I had 4 lines of coke reading this.

Wait, what?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Renegade wrote:
I had 4 lines of coke reading this.

Wait, what?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2013 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Damn, PPM sure can be funny. xD

Machine
Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As a biochemist, reading posts like this makes me facepalm. It's not that the information is necessarily wrong, but it's usually just exaggeration and missinformation with a tint of fearmongering. The effort is still appreciated though.

I was going to write an extensive reply about this; however Nature explains the point better.

And in a sligthly related topic, The Big Fat Truth.

Here I am, a powerful thread necromancer reviving a topic that died recently...; it will probably stay dead anyway.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My sis is into biotechnology, she's always telling me things I don't want to know about chemicals and carcinogens and stuff.

Personally I steer clear of coke, pepsi, and caffiene in general. I hate the idea of being addicted/dependent on chemicals in any form.
Water is still the best alternative - instead of giving you energy, it helps release the energy your body already has

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dude... the stuff looks like F ucking motor oil. Cocacola/Pepsi/whatever the f uck those idiots want ta call it that is

Give me a mescal and mojito, then some whiskey and beer, so I can get drunk and trip out, not chug back some phucking bubbly black tar and feel like shit.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
Dude... the stuff looks like F ucking motor oil. Cocacola/Pepsi/whatever the f uck those idiots want ta call it that is

Someone has never actually seen motor oil.

Steam

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The cola sirup concentrate that they use in McD (*) does indeed look like motor oil. But like old viscous dirty oil.

(*) It gets mixed with soda water as soon as the machine fills the cup.

Public SHPs

Tools

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon