Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:48 am
All times are UTC + 0
Ares 0.3 RC Part Deux
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject:  Ares 0.3 RC Part Deux Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi guys,
here's the second Release Candidate for Ares 0.3. The changes are few and minor, mostly of the internal kind (how certain constants are named and the like, really not that interesting). One feature was added: The UnitDelivery SW now supports SW.Deferment, defaulting to "should work as it always did". So this is what you might want to check, if anything.

Aside from that, I also updated Syringe (included in RC2) to support to more actively diagnose problems. If you run a modified copy of YR, you will see about it in syringe.log. If you try to run Ares without the YR 1.001 patch, or together with RockPatch or a derived patch, Ares should not load any more. In any case, the log will point out what the reasons are.

If Syringe doesn't work at all, please refer to the included readme.txt to obtain the Visual C++ 2010 runtime files. I used a different compiler and thus the 2008 runtimes required previously will not be enough. This also means that Windows xp RTM and earlier will not be supported any more. Windows xp SP1 and later will still work. If you have notes or comments about this, post here.

I'd like to give you some time to check whether this causes problems so you can complain. Very Happy Depending on your answers, Ares 0.3 could be out in two weeks (though it won't be called Ares Summer Edition for the Northern Hemisphere).

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

YEAH !!! But, the AE ??? Are they will go stable ???

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AE will not be in 0.3.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ROFL I just released D-day bundled with v0.3RC1, if you'd been a day earlier...

Well the official release of v0.3 would probably be a good time to release a patch for D-day anyway #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, sorry, it too late occured to me that you were aiming for this day. I had the RC done on tuesday already and, if I weren't that lazy, could have released it back then.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lol no prob, I'm not demanding that you work to my schedule, just thought it was a funny coincidence #Tongue

Would be great if you could also make syringe show a pop up error when it tries to run Ares with NPatch or YR v1.0. I get way to many messages from ppl complaining that D-day doesn't work because of that >.>

I even got one guy who didn't realize he had to uncompress the rar file, he just put it in the RA2 folder & ran the game normally...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, any confirmation that the RC2 with the new Syringe version works? I could assume it does, but if people start to cry later because it isn't working for them, well... that would be sad.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Works fine, at least on WinXP. Dunno about online games, though. #Tongue

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It does seem to run on WinVista 64-bit.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Orac
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Working fine here on Win-7 64-bit.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Its just not working here for me. Last night few hours AlexB and I wasted to solve that problem.
Nah we will fix it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [11 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon