Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:33 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Extend Spy Logic (Request)
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:05 pm    Post subject:  Extend Spy Logic (Request)
Subject description: yeah !!!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Umm....... I wanna request, Extend Spy Logic, so, my request is like this:

[SPY]
Agent=yes
Infiltrate=yes
Spy.CanInfiltrate=[BuildingTypes]

So, we can make Radar Jammer for infantry (with spy logic, not radar jammer logic)

[JAMM]
Agent=yes
Infiltrate=yes
Spy.CanInfiltrate=AMRADR,GAAIRC,NARADR,NAPSIS

Or, something new, like Technology Leech (Leecher)

[LEECHER]
Agent=yes
Infiltrate=yes
Spy.CanInfiltrate=GATECH,NATECH,YATECH

Thats all, hope this request will be confirmed

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would be like Thief, Spy and Radar Jammer combined? I don't understand you.

You know there is radar jammer tutorial already been done?
Please do some surfing! Click Here

Radar Jammer Infantry doesn't make sense if it doesnt have radar jammer logic.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Basically what I think he wants is a tag that allows you to define which buildings a spy may enter with the default being "All buildings".

This would allow certain spies the ability only to spy some buildings.

Say you wanted to make a cheap money thief, but using spy logic would make the thief overpowered, but instead with this logic you can make it only able to infiltrate refineries, oil derricks, etc.

Or say you want spies which can infiltrate but only to steal technology etc, or production facilities.

In the case of Deathreaperz, he wanted spies which could only target Radar facilities. These would be spies made specifically for that purpose, which would be unable to steal money, gain new stolen tech, turn off power, etc.

It does have a use as it allows multiple spy types, which effectively could create more INF units and balance certain spy abilities based on the mod.

Or perhaps you want all your basic infantry in your mod to be able to have spy logic but only on certain buildings. This would be balanced by modder for their own ideas of course.

This all being said, he wasn't perfectly clear, and he did not submit the feature request in the right place, instead this thread should have been a discussion about his feature request which he should have made.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TL;DR: deathreaperz = stupid.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach, I though that guy cannot surprise you anymore.

EricAnimeFreak, like you said ,he wasn't perfectly clear". Actually, he is never clear, just take your own investigation, and see all of his threads. There is no single thread where he explained exactly what he wants.

Anyway, back to topic. I agree with you two in some ways, that maybe this thing would be better, lets say, indeed spy can be made only to infiltrate refineries.

However, if we talk about extending spy logic.
I would like to add to this request following stuff.

[FactoryType] with Spyable=yes of course
ProductionDisable=[number of frames]

So, when spy infiltrates war factory, he will disable it, so you cannot produce anything from there from number of frames which is specified. its similiar in Generals when saboteur enters in barracks or war factory. You get all tanks and vehicles darker colored cameos (same as when you train hero, and after he exit from barracks, his icon got dark) when factory or barracks is disabled.
That also may work for refineries to disable them to receive money from harvesters for certain frames.
Additionally, tag should be set to determinate either current infiltrated building will be disabled or all buildings of same type. Also, disabled building should no play any of active anim, not matter if anim is powered or no.

Also, I would request expanding
SpyEffect.RevealProduction=
on power plants, so each time you click on enemy power plant it will act like you clicked on your own, showing you power production/drain. So when you play against AI or player, you would know kinds how many plants to destroy before his power got shut down. InRA1, you could do same, except you did not get numbers, you got pip scale of production instead each time you click on power plant you spied upon. I cannot remember exactly, but you get two different colors of pip scales, one representing power production, second representing drain.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon