Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:04 am
All times are UTC + 0
Command and Conquer E3 Trailer
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:23 pm    Post subject:  Command and Conquer E3 Trailer
Subject description: Showcasing: Helixes, Overlords, Heavy Tanks and a hipster Dr Thrax!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EA / Victory Games just posted this little trailer in advance for their E3 press conference:

Just a few stuff that can be noticed from the video:
-Some kind of sniper infantry for EU side
-Overlords and Helixes are back for the APA / China
-GLA regains their feared SCUD Storm
-Many Generals to choose from (at least 5 per side, if not more)
-Dr. Thrax is back from the dead, and has returned as a hipster #Tongue
-Some variant of split-screen mode
-Generals who seem to taunt you

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
-Dr. Thrax is back from the dead, and has returned as a hipster

Ohgodwhy. Why would they do that?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder wrote:
Quote:

Don't ask me, it is the only thing I dislike of this trailer. Although, maybe it's his son or someone who took up the nickname after the old one died. Maybe EA / Victory Games will give some background info about this.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the idea of shit-talking generals. I'm sad that there won't be any cliche cowboy Americans, but hopefully there will be angry Germans.

Allied General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lol that hipster music might be good for lolz if its stable online with decent matchmaking

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Speeder wrote:
Quote:

Don't ask me, it is the only thing I dislike of this trailer. Although, maybe it's his son or someone who took up the nickname after the old one died. Maybe EA / Victory Games will give some background info about this.

This is EA being EA, as usual Wink. They seem to have a passion to break stories, even if there is no (decent) story.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

At least a giant random UFO didn't appear in the gens universe and go unexplained...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LOL! Yea, true.

In a serious note, the developpers are able to create an excuse on how Dr. Thrax survives in the end of Zero Hour's USA campaign. In the same way, they can also create excuses to explain why 'America' has gone neutral out of nowhere and now the GLA fights the European Union and the Asian Pacific Army.

They have a lot of excuses to do. I won't be surprised if I see several gaps in the story. Unfortunately, their focus is multiplayer, e-sports, etc. I'm not against these things. I just think they could have more capable people to work in the singleplayer campaign storyline, specially those who have actually played the previous campaigns.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They only want money...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Of course, they do. Who doesn't?

But if they build a high quality game, they'll deserve to earn money for it.

The point is that they really need people who know how to write stories and respect previously written stories.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

America not being in G2 was explained in G1 if you paid attention...  the U.S. went isolationist and China/Europe became lovers after the GLA got thrown out of Europe.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remember when generals had actual names?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Of course, tho ?

But if they build a high quality game, they'll deserve to earn money for it.

The point is that they really need people who know how to write stories and respect previously written stories.

Err... That depends on the genre of the game. Most people tends to buy games that are appealing to them. Like upgrading your tanks, customizing units. That keeps them hooked for longer time. Quality do impacts it as well too. Plot as well too, but if the storyline is awful or doesn't make sense. That would just make player go meh.

I'm not sure if I recall it right, but is this game pay to win? If this happens to be the case, no way I'm going to play that game because I have no desire to play online against wallet warriors who can just spend money to have sex with newbies. sarcasm.

I would rather play a fair game that doesn't involve pay to win. Its also annoying when you click on something like, you don't have enough gold, would you like to buy more gold? And etc.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Volgin wrote:
I like the idea of shit-talking generals.

Hahaha! Yes!
And they are animated Very Happy
There is even one girl, similiar to Leang.

Banshee wrote:
they can also create excuses to explain why 'America' has gone neutral out of nowhere and now the GLA fights the European Union and the Asian Pacific Army.

And why the hell America must be involved in every single conflict?

Maybe EA saw recently how Europeans beat Gaddafi there and though that they will be more crazy than America.

Anyway, you have only American nation, in EU you have multiple. French, Germans, British which are similiar to Americans anyway, and others.

Just I do not get if game will be modable or not.
Also, I like idea of lot of generals.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The new Dr. Thrax seems lame compared to the old one. Also the generals appearing on screen look quite bad, even a simple portrait would have looked better. Otherwise I am semi-interested in this. Wish it was a normal full priced game with singleplayer, none of this free to play crap. Didn't they do a survey some years ago which showed that something like 85% of C&C players never touch the multiplayer? So for who is this game aimed for? Think they'd have a better chance trying to appeal to the old C&C fans rather than trying to impress Starcraft or some other hard-core multiplayer crowd. C&C multiplayer isn't exactly known for its indepth or complex multiplayer tactics, more just spamming one or two units. Least in my experience. But we'll see.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then maybe we shouldn't bother with multiplayer. C'mon release Mental Omega 3.0 already! Screw those multiplayer podcasts or whatever those are that y'all keep on showing. We don't give a crap about them. I also heard no one plays online in TI. Oh wait, they do.

I don't play MP, but that doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. Besides, there'll be SP in this game anyways.

As for Dr. Thrax, until they release backstories, I'll assume him being a  legacy character. This guy's waaaay different than the previous one, most likely someone else.

blubb
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I really want to know how this holds up on the competitive level.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's only one thing about that game, that would interest me: is it modable?
The engine seems to be capable of showing some good stuff, so the game could be cleaned of all the crap and used for some nice and true C&C games.
But only if the engine hasn't bugs in basic things like pathfinding.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There you go, your Generals

Hehe even each faction has one girl as General. GLA one with hood, has explosives in backpack, and  old fashioned mobile phone to activate them. European one is Italian girl, and APA is some red haired chonese.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can somebody please send that general that is below Red-Mercury back to the future #Tongue oh wait it is the future xD

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great Scott! Cannot unsee O_o

Heh, there seems to be only two GLA generals who are Arabic. Let's see how many people will complain about that...

EDIT: MH, I think you missed out on one more GLA general.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

freedom fighter, which General did I miss? There are 15 at all, I posted all 15

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nah you missed at least one. Looks like some African general, though I can see no Doc Brown look-a-likes if that's what Bu7loos was refering too...

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bit offtopic, but if you redeem a code in Origin, try to use BF3E3 when you own BF3. It gives you free Close Quarters DLC.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
There's only one thing about that game, that would interest me: is it modable?

ROFLMAO

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's happened before.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mods for generals 2 happened before?
lol
since when is it allowed to mod generals 2 anyway? ow wait you guys mod whatever you are technically able to mod?
lol

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@O-Bolt: I meant the guy with the orange jacket.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just noticed that the GLA has 6 generals while EU and APA have 5. Hmm...

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@freedom fighter: Possibly more terror cell's..

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Seeing as they seem to have expanded to more countries its natural to see them have more Nationalities. And it is probably to help stave off the stigma that they're only a Middle-Eastern Faction.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
lol
since when is it allowed to mod generals 2 anyway? ow wait you guys mod whatever you are technically able to mod?
lol

Mods for always-online, MP only, semi-competitive games have happened before.
Dear God, the lack of reading comprehension you exhibit is lamentable.

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

/ppm/'s finest.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks good, base-building remains, altrough i would like an different money system other tha some lame boxes with resources, but meh, let's see how it goes for that one;

And that hipster commander looks really cool, carismatic cast are always cool, even generals being an more "serious theme-based game" at least i gave an little attention to him, the others looks like those generic dudes, with sooo threatening with theirs taunts.  Rolling Eyes

Let's see how it rolls, that one might even be cool. =P

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OrangeNero wrote:
lol

Yes!
Mods for Generals 2 were released before game will be released actually.
That is correct logic.

OrangeNero wrote:
lol

Yes! We tried even to mod Obama's programs for listening in people's conversation, to inject some Ares codes there, but they did not let us to do so. Very Happy

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the smoking. They look so badass- OH YES I WANT A SMOKE NOW. A nice spliff will do.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think they replaced the black GLA guy from the trailer for another one, perhaps because it would be "racist" (nevermind that having no black generals at all from 15 is actually more racist? lol)

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd say that making the only black guy in the entire game a terrorist is more racist...

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Martin Killer
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a woman, a black, some asians. Jews and gays are missing.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do you need to know the sexual orientation or the religion of a general? Is that relevant at all?

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Rofl!

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i love how the game look like just hope game play will be same to first generals with less OP generals power. only thing that bug me is while art style look quite realism but each general model remind me they come from the sim...

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
I think they replaced the black GLA guy from the trailer for another one, perhaps because it would be "racist" (nevermind that having no black generals at all from 15 is actually more racist? lol)

Since when did they replaced him? MH just missed out on him.

Bittah Commander wrote:
I'd say that making the only black guy in the entire game a terrorist is more racist...

Here's some info regarding the GLA's change into a more diverse faction. I like how he said that, "Now we'll probably just offend everybody."

Volgin
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Christ on a bike, they probably changed the GLA to offend everybody because it was originally just offensive toward Arabs/muslims. You think Gens or Gens 2 are offensive, go look at the concept art for the games. Especially for the African and GLA factions...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh it's not racist, it's a game. You even get to PLAY the terrorists, it's not like you're just gunning them all down like in COD.

Maat Himself
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ehhh, I can't take it seriously by the trailer. BUT all that really matters is the game play, so I suppose we shall see!

Matthias M.
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looking nice, but registering for beta != joining the beta, they just collect your e-Mail and for months nothing will ever happen. Also this will probably never be ported to Linux so I can't wait for http://www.moddb.com/games/rogue-republic instead.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

looks like C&C 3 all over again, minus annoying blurry terrain

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Matthias M. wrote:
http://www.moddb.com/games/rogue-republic instead.

Sweet Jesus that looks good for an indie! Thanks for sharing, tracked.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Matthias M. wrote:
http://www.moddb.com/games/rogue-republic instead.

Sweet Jesus that looks good for an indie! Thanks for sharing, tracked.

Not to go off-topic, but I agree with you on this.
*follows*

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [50 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!