Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:43 pm
All times are UTC + 0
IsCoreDefender
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, what exactly is purpose of IsCoreDefender=yes tag?
ModEncd does not says anything about it.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's a Firestorm-only tag that gives you a bigger selection box. Don't know if it does anything else.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's no such thing as a Firestorm-only tag.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, he most likely though that this tag is for fire storm, as some tags are present in YR but not in RA2.
I gave IsCoreDefender=yes to Lasher Tank and nothing happened. Lasher Tank still has standard selection box.
Well I forgto that no firestorm tags are present in RA2/YR because RA2 is directly based on TS, not on FS.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
There's no such thing as a Firestorm-only tag.

inb4 SpeechSide.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah I forgot. How do we get bigger selection box in YR for vehicles?

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

We can't, because the only tag for that wasn't added until TS: Firestorm. #Tongue
Since RA2 was based on TS, nothing added in FS exists there.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Pretty sure PixelSelectionBracketDelta works on vehicles too, but it only effects height AFAIK.

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mevitar wrote:

Since RA2 was based on TS, nothing added in FS exists there.

Sole exception to this being BurstDelay, but that was most likely intentionally added to RA2 and was probably intended to be used for something, but in the end was not.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

except, that BurstDelay works completely different in RA2. IIRC it is here assigned to the vehicle, not the weapon like in TS.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
except, that BurstDelay works completely different in RA2. IIRC it is here assigned to the vehicle, not the weapon like in TS.

Apart from that thing you mentioned, not really.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Lin Kuei Ominae, that thing is rare, but still it works better in TS rather than RA2. Usually many stuff are fixed and work better in RA2 but this one does not.
First off, in TS it is weapon based, in RA2 it is assigned to vehicle only, so no infantry and buildings to use it.
Second, I do not know about TS, it is limitless, but in RA2 you can use max 5 bursts. Above that no working.
Only thing which is better in RA2 here is that we can adjust each bust delay separately.

OmegaBolt wrote:
Pretty sure PixelSelectionBracketDelta works on vehicles too, but it only effects height AFAIK.

Ah yes that too.
But I do not get how Westwood though of huge units such as Kirov and Floating Disc.  Mad
They require higher selection box. Plus, we have today oversize voxels which indeed require higher selection box.

hey guys, how exactly bigger is selection box using IsCoreDefender tag from normal selection box? 50%, double bigger or?

SuperJoe
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IsCoreDefender=yes makes a vehicle immune to EMP, one of the few keys in TS to do so.

MasterHaosis wrote:
hey guys, how exactly bigger is selection box using IsCoreDefender tag from normal selection box? 50%, double bigger or?

It changes the selection box / health bar into a building selection box of size 1x1 and of height 3.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see someone splited our topics from thread into this one. it must be LKO Very Happy

SuperJoe, that tag makes vehicle immune to emp?
But isn't tag ImmuneToEMP=yes for that purpose?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
But isn't tag ImmuneToEMP=yes for that purpose?

There is no such tag.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Only in Ares MasterHaosis...

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, I always though there is sume tag to make units be immune to emp.
I got rules from ts/fs and checked them for useful codes aside from core defender which we do not have.
IsTemple=yes (that maybe works in YR)
IsLimpetDrone=yes/IsLimpetMine=yes/LimpetFactor=
Webby=true/WebDuration=/WebDurationVariation=/WebRadius=

What for are Splits=yes and RetargetAccuracy=75%,ProjectileRange=, and AV=true tags?

; Cyborg Spider multi-missile
[DualCluster]
High=no
VeryHigh=no
;Shadow=no
Proximity=no
Cluster=2          ; number of small missiles to launch
Ranged=yes
Range=3
AA=yes
Image=DRAGON
ROT=4
Color=DarkGreen
Splits=yes
AirburstWeapon=DualRockets
IgnoresFirestorm=yes
RetargetAccuracy=75%

I did not know projectile can have color= tag assigned. And that VeryHigh tag. Firestorms seems to have some interesting codes.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Splits=yes says that the projectile should split, it's an airburst, but not above target.
IsTemple works in RA2, but only used for LStorm targeting.
Color works on SHP projectiles only.
VeryHigh exists in both games.
Rest are so much FS that I don't even know what are they're for.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
Splits=yes says that the projectile should split, it's an airburst, but not above target.

Ah that makes sense. Airburst is pretty much hard coded in our case.

Graion Dilach wrote:
IsTemple works in RA2, but only used for LStorm targeting.

According to ModEnc, it is also used for Nuke targeting.
That can be very useful for distracting AI from firign superweapon in center of your base. Just put building with IsTemple at corner, so damage will be greatly reduced.

Graion Dilach wrote:
Color works on SHP projectiles only.

So, if color is darkgreen, then projectile will be recolored regardless of its real colors?

; First stage of Cyborg Spider rocket launcher
[QuadLauncher]
Damage=0
ROF=180  ;was 80
Range=7
ProjectileRange=2
MinimumRange=3  ; was 2
Projectile=DualCluster
Speed=25  ; was 10
Warhead=SA
Report=SAMSHOT1
Burst=2

Here is only used ProjectileRange=2. A weird code. How possibly projectile can have range?

; Cyborg Spider multi-missile
[DualCluster]
High=no
VeryHigh=no
;Shadow=no
Proximity=no
Cluster=2          ; number of small missiles to launch
Ranged=yes
Range=3
AA=yes
Image=DRAGON
ROT=4
Color=DarkGreen
Splits=yes
AirburstWeapon=DualRockets
IgnoresFirestorm=yes
RetargetAccuracy=75%

Here is only used RetargetAccuracy tag. Perhaps that tag should have connections with targeting systems, how quickly will unit chose next target if for some reasons loses its target or stop firing at it. Just guessing but still has no sense since it is attached to weapon, not unit.

; Limpet Projectile
[LimpetBullet]
Inviso=yes
Image=none
AV=true

Here is only used AV=true tag. Perhaps it means AntiVehicle, as AA means Anti Air, AN anti Naval, AG anti ground etc... its perhaps to ensure that limpet will attack just vehicles.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Don't try to bring TS keys to RA2. Look in your RA2 game.exe/gamemd.exe and then search for the ini keys inside the exe and you find all that are available for RA2/YR. (And in addition of course those from Ares)

ProjectileRange: the proj can fly only this distance and will then explode. The special Splits logic will make it this way go into the second stage and launch the 2 smaller missiles.
Also very useful to avoid that missiles fly across the map when they follow a fast unit.

RetargetAccuracy: defines the accuracy of the second stage Splits-logic missiles. This allows some of these missiles to randomly miss the target.

AV: correct, anti-vehicle. Works on buildings only. On vehicles only auto-targeting considers this, force-firing allows to override it.

Color: changes only the remap colors of a voxel (in TS) projectile. It does not change the color of the whole projectile.

Public SHPs

Tools

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Don't try to bring TS keys to RA2. Look in your RA2 game.exe/gamemd.exe and then search for the ini keys inside the exe and you find all that are available for RA2/YR. (And in addition of course those from Ares)

hehe, I am not such coder, I cant look into exe tag. as based on RA2, I do not think any TS tags are present in YR.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

ProjectileRange: the proj can fly only this distance and will then explode. The special Splits logic will make it this way go into the second stage and launch the 2 smaller missiles.
Also very useful to avoid that missiles fly across the map when they follow a fast unit.

haha, interesting logic.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

RetargetAccuracy: defines the accuracy of the second stage Splits-logic missiles. This allows some of these missiles to randomly miss the target.

Well that sounds similar to Inaccurate=yes tag.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
AV: correct, anti-vehicle. Works on buildings only. On vehicles only auto-targeting considers this, force-firing allows to override it.

Ah, that limpet drone deploys actually into 1x1 invisible building, so it actually attach itself to vehicle.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Color: changes only the remap colors of a voxel (in TS) projectile. It does not change the color of the whole projectile.

Graion Dilach, hehe, they are using voxel projectiles.
That tag would be awesome if allows to set not just at projectile, but voxel unit which has remap color, belongs to civilian but we do not want it to be white, as that tag overrides remap colors.

Lin Kuei Ominae, I noticed that you got many new tags just for one unit cyborg reaper. You got SpeedType=Creep for him. When I put it on lasher tank to test, after starting game, my and AI's lasher tanks started so far from our starting locations, somewhere on pavement, fighting each other. And we cant move them. He will not exit from war factory. So yes, I fucked up that (even if I put correctly that speed to each terrain type).

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

hehe, I am not such coder, I cant look into exe tag. as based on RA2, I do not think any TS tags are present in YR.

Just open it with a hex editor and search for a key's name. You can even make a copy of gamemd.exe, rename it to gamemd.txt, open it with Notepad and search for key names (unless gamemd.exe has been encrypted by Safedisk or something; the non-TFD TS 2.03 exe isn't).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yes, nothing spectacular. every ini key readable in plain text.

gameexe.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  31.1 KB
 Viewed:  2579 Time(s)

gameexe.png

Public SHPs

Tools

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae, Rampestein, yes, that works, but if I find some tag that does not mean that it is working automatically.
For example, I found TiberiumHeal in gamemd.exe, and yet again it does not work in RA2/YR.
I did not found that IsJuggernaut tag (which is right next to IsCoreDefender in that picture LKO posted), and yet again in modenc RA2/YR pictures are enabled there.
Though when I just tested TickTank=yes, Artillary=yes,IsJuggernaut=yes on Construction Yard (three times separately, and logically I removed IsConstructionYard=yes), MCV still deploys normally, ignoring facings. Perhaps I should have tested with some other building

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that is of course the TS game.exe, not the RA2 one which i don't have.

Keys in the exe are indeed not always working and/or you don't test them on the right technotype. But you this way at least find every single key the game reads from your inis. So you don't add any useless MakeMyModAwesome= keys and you don't have to wonder/ask anymore if one or another key exists in RA2/YR.

Public SHPs

Tools

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon