Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:34 am
All times are UTC + 0
few questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:03 am    Post subject:  few questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

take in consideration I suck with this tool knowledge

1. I noticed during TS SP missions that "modded" rules.ini is sometime overwritten so game enforces its own mission rules

QUESTION: how do I "insert" in specific SP map modified rule that will override modded one ?

2. can by adding somewhere (WHERE ???) in a Expand02.MIX a modified SP map make it replace original TS map mission ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1. Just open your map with a text editor (preferably not notepad, considering it often doesn't show line-breaks) and add any code you want to be changed for the map. Only add the code that you're actually changing and leave out everything else; for example, if you want to make the Light Infantry faster, only add this code to the map
Code:
[E1]
Speed=10

This works for both singleplayer and multiplayer maps.

2. Yes. Just give the give the map the same filename as the filename of the mission map you wanna replace and then directly place it in the Expand02.mix file (or directly place it in the TS dir).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so just insert it in Expand02
no any other sub-mix ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the mix bit is a step too far. AFAIK, a map override or even a new map only needs to be in the base folder. Although I believe there is some loading mechanics that are to be attributed that can make game loading slow if you have a largish amount that are just loose like that.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Although I believe there is some loading mechanics that are to be attributed that can make game loading slow if you have a largish amount that are just loose like that.

That happens with loose .mpr's (multiplayer maps) in the game directory. The most significant issue is that the game loads those maps multiple times; once when you select either Tiberian Sun or Firestorm and again when you click on some button in the main menu (like Skirmish). Because of that you're forced to wait multiple times for the game to load those .mpr's.

Some mod executables (at least DTA's one) have it fixed; I'm not sure about TI's exe and the latest public Hyperpatch release.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thank you it works ! Very Happy

a side problem though Very Happy
I don't want to open new topic for this - kinda related

so in rules.ini(UMP) I modified droppod to be something else and do something else... nevermind what
so in gdi1a.map (since this one is only one that uses dpods)
I inserted original code back:

Code:

[General]
DropPodWeapon=Vulcan2
DropPodHeight=2000
DropPodSpeed=75
DropPodAngle=0.79

[AudioVisual]
DropPodPuff=DROPEXP
DropPod=DROPPOD,DROPPOD2
AtmosphereEntry=PODRING

[DropPodSpecial]
Name=Drop Pod
IsPowered=true
RechargeVoice=00-I506
ChargingVoice=
ImpatientVoice=
SuspendVoice=
RechargeTime=7
Type=DropPod
Action=DropPod
SidebarImage=PODSICON

problem arises that pods in gdi mission 1 do not fall at all #Tongue
thus camera and map is locked at event "where the hell are those reinforcements" and that stupid cyborg comes all the way to Phoenix base #Tongue
and ofcourse camera is locked = no game play

my suspicion lies in [DropPodSpecial]
as AFAIK that didn't exist till Firestorm (firestrm.ini)
and since this is Vanilla TS I guess it doesn't accept the code in .map file ?

any way to bypass this ? #Tongue

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thing is, the DropPod SW isn't used at all in that mission.
In fact, it's merely a TeamType with Droppod=yes that is being spawned on the waypoint at a specific area.

At least, that's how I remember the original. TS does not have SW targeting map actions like YR does (135 - Set preferred target to waypoint... etc.). It only supports the major SW's.

EDIT:
The Teams: Airborne Rangers (1-4) are the droppod teams. The triggers are called the same way, you might find more about the issue there.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Last edited by RP on Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS accepts the Drop Pod code, but the dorp pods you see in the first GDI TS mission is not a superweapon, meaning that modifying [DropPodSpecial] won't (or at least shouldn't) affect it at all. The rest that you added should affect it an the fact that the drop pods no longer come down at all now means that you altered something wrong.
Just try adjusting the keys one at a time to see what works.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I removed everything related to drop pod
only to leave 3 weapons and 1 warhead (that were heavily modifed by me in rules) [E1 rifle, nod buggy rifle and cyborg rifle]

and still nothing falls

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Are you sure the teams are correct /wp exists / trigger is activated?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then remove those changed weapons as well and see if it works; if it does, it means that the type of weapon you gave it simply doesn't work well with the drop pods and you'll need to tweak it until it does work (by only modifying one of the weapon's keys at a time).

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
Are you sure the teams are correct /wp exists / trigger is activated?

I extracted the gdi1a.map from gdi cd/mix file
it should all be there

Bittah Commander wrote:
Then remove those changed weapons as well and see if it works; if it does ... ...

they still don't fall :/

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Set DropPodInfantryMinimum=3        ;GDI 1a <= 3
UMP has set it to 5

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

pointless as that comes from firestrm.ini Smile
and not vanilla TS

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon