Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:21 pm
All times are UTC + 0
[TS] Envoy Cruiser
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 pm    Post subject:  [TS] Envoy Cruiser
Subject description: Some floating firepower for GDI/Nod
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After becoming tired of using MONOENG and CARGOCAR for all my naval units in TS, I started playing around with the CARGOCAR original and came up with this - the Envoy Cruiser.

I am not a voxel artist. I do cut&paste for making buildings, and that's about it. Please be gentle #Tongue Normals and smoothing were done via the scripts in the VXLSE III editor.

The voxel is about 3 cells long, and deploys into a 3x1 building for artillery support. I did not include a turret for the voxel, as it invariably has clipping problems. Code-wise, give it [Turret=yes] for engaging in any direction without turning, and give the main weapon something like [Burst=3 or 4] to get a nice barrage. I copied the Titan's [120mm] weapon for the Envoy, with above-mentioned modifications.

When using the [Burst=] option, use something like the following in the art.ini entry:
PrimaryFireFLH=40,32,96
This should create a rippling effect (shots coming from different points along the hull) instead of having the muzzle flash on the same spot repeatedly.

Enjoy! Will look at creating a shipyard for the Envoy soon.

Cruiser 001.gif
 Description:
Seen from all 8 angles, as well as a deployed version with the ART2TUR voxel turret.
 Filesize:  53.99 KB
 Viewed:  8024 Time(s)

Cruiser 001.gif

cruis1.zip
 Description:
Voxel, deploying SHP, deployed SHP

Download
 Filename:  cruis1.zip
 Filesize:  14.96 KB
 Downloaded:  209 Time(s)

NimoStar
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, if unamusing (?)

B.A.Znd
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It looks nice I must say
But I don't need it...

Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NimoStar wrote:
Looks nice, if unamusing (?)

Yep, very unamusing.

Askhati
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Using the Envoy's hull, I played around with some variations and came up with three possible designs that could fit the TS/FS frame:

- The AEGIS Cruiser (Nod?), utilizing massed missile fire against ground and air
- The Hyperion Cruiser (GDI?), featuring a massive railgun (same as Mammoth Mk.II, but with +50% range) for anti-ship fire
- The Hercules Cruiser (Forgotten?), with 12 guns in six turrets, for mid-range barrage ability

Any other ideas for different weapon systems that could go on the Envoy's basic design are welcome. None of these new cruisers have deployed versions.

Cruiser 004.gif
 Description:
The Hercules Cruiser, featuring six dual-barrel gun turrets for land barrages.
 Filesize:  101.25 KB
 Viewed:  7694 Time(s)

Cruiser 004.gif

Cruiser 003.gif
 Description:
The Hyperion Cruiser, featuring a hull-length rail cannon and twin stabilizing outriggers to maintain its balance.
 Filesize:  7.38 KB

Cruiser 003.gif

Cruiser 002.gif
 Description:
The AEGIS Cruiser, featuring six omni-directional missile packs for targeting ground and air units.
 Filesize:  102.91 KB

Cruiser 002.gif

VXL - CRUIS2-4.rar
 Description:
Cruisers 2, 3 and 4 - VXL and HVA

Download
 Filename:  VXL - CRUIS2-4.rar
 Filesize:  25.43 KB
 Downloaded:  136 Time(s)

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice ships and nice shipyard.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cool.

Astor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey man, I like your ships Very Happy

I could really have a use for them. I also need a naval yard for my mod campaign, wanna help me Smile

Holland
Grenadier

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As much as I hate hate opening up old topics, i really want the shipyard. Does anybody have a shipyard for TS? THis one, or a different one?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's lacking a buildup still I think, but you can try this one.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tibweb uses .org not .com.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!