Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:25 am
All times are UTC + 0
editing questions
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
mireazma
Soldier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject:  editing questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello.
I want to move a "chunk" of a section a few voxels up. How can I do it?
I tried duplicating the section, deleted all but the chunk layer by layer; if I copy the layer from here to the main section it deletes the existing voxels in areas I want unaffected as the new layer has "null" voxels surrounding the wanted chunk.

1. It would be easy if there was a select tool like the paint/erase etc. so that one could edit only parts of a layer -- mainly copy, paste, nudge and optionally others.
2. It also would be great if there was the option to merge 2 sections.
Maybe I haven't used VXLSE III enough to know but please somebody tell me how to move the chunk (besides redoing it from scratch)

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0 - Erase and do it over, or copy the slice into an image editing program like PS or GIMP and shift it.

1 - Ehhh...  I don't think I'd use it much.  Others might.

2 - Seems extremely complex, especially since you have to take HVAs into account, and HVAs can be rotated in odd ways...

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: editing questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mireazma wrote:
Hello.
I want to move a "chunk" of a section a few voxels up. How can I do it?
I tried duplicating the section, deleted all but the chunk layer by layer; if I copy the layer from here to the main section it deletes the existing voxels in areas I want unaffected as the new layer has "null" voxels surrounding the wanted chunk.

Use nudge.

mireazma wrote:

1. It would be easy if there was a select tool like the paint/erase etc. so that one could edit only parts of a layer -- mainly copy, paste, nudge and optionally others.

You only edit one layer at a time...You can use mirror to make clone of it.

mireazma wrote:

2. It also would be great if there was the option to merge 2 sections.
Maybe I haven't used VXLSE III enough to know but please somebody tell me how to move the chunk (besides redoing it from scratch)

Open up voxel program again and pick the file you want to merge, then adjust the voxel size. Go back to the other voxel file and start copying layer by layer to the voxel. However, if your voxel is too complicated, you might have to manually edit it.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ctrl + L will paste only voxels, not clear space.

mireazma
Soldier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for help.

Orac, about feature 2 -- what's your approach at multiplying a small area of a layer or moving it? For me suggestion 0 (both ways) seems like 4x more complicated than a simple select/nudge.

Zero18, nudge moves the whole section from what I could see.
copying layer by layer in is what I did in the first place but it deleted the original voxels even if the new layer had only 9 voxels.

Quote:
Ctrl + L will paste only voxels, not clear space.

Orac, that's a way!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum