Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:52 am
All times are UTC + 0
Voxel position problem
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:18 am    Post subject:  Voxel position problem Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys, why is this happening?

As you can see, Mammoth is looking fine in HVA editor, but ingame, its turret is higher.
That happened after resize in voxel editor, and he usually fucks up hva, so I need to set it. When I set it like this to look normal, ingame it is usually weird with some voxels.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you saved it under voxel offset or HVA position?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just delete both hva files and re-open then in hva builder and look that position is ok and if not adjust by voxel offset. Alternatively I hope you did bounds reset after resize and then corrected back to fitting size.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109 wrote:
Did you saved it under voxel offset or HVA position?

I did first under hva position, then I did it under voxel offset, and after long time I solved it.
it is not looking good in HVA editor, but is looking good ingame which is important.
Thank you for reply.

ApolloTD wrote:
Just delete both hva files and re-open then in hva builder and look that position is ok and if not adjust by voxel offset.

Apollo, Very Happy
Thanks for reply man!
I should do that at first place, not to ztype around with setting those position and testing ingame for one hour or more.

ApolloTD wrote:
Alternatively I hope you did bounds reset after resize and then corrected back to fitting size.

Actually, I wanted to resize mammoth by 30% then I double sized it in voxel editor, then manually edited bounds by calculator by multiplying them by 0.7. After that it just screws up hva file.
What should I do exactly about that?

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:

Actually, I wanted to resize mammoth by 30% then I double sized it in voxel editor, then manually edited bounds by calculator by multiplying them by 0.7. After that it just screws up hva file.
What should I do exactly about that?

Like I said, everytime you do a resize or change canvas scale you MUST reset the scales and only then adjust the scales (bounds) to wanted parameters

What you did, is resize and then go adjust the already wrong bounds to even more wrong as VXLSE does not correct the bounds after resize at all or canvas change for that matter.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
VXLSE does not correct the bounds after resize at all or canvas change for that matter

Umm... it does, I actually find it annoying as I like to manually set the bounds but VXLSE changes them with any edit to the size of the vxl.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Quote:
VXLSE does not correct the bounds after resize at all or canvas change for that matter

Umm... it does, I actually find it annoying as I like to manually set the bounds but VXLSE changes them with any edit to the size of the vxl.

It was added at some point, older versions such as 1.36 (which I think is what Apollo is using) didn't do this.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, I am using 1.37

So Starkku, Mig Eater, if it corrects, then what is wrong, why my turret/voxel got weird ingame?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm using 1.39...

It's very hard to help without actually seeing the vxl & exactly what you've done with it. Upload it so we can take a closer look.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater ah yes I am using 1.39 too, but on icon, when I hover over it it says 1.37, but when I open it, it is 1.39 actually.
Mig eater, well really I did not do anything, I did not change even single pixel, I just recolored it from GDI to Yuri scheme.
Problem is after resize, turret appeared up, and voxel down. When I fix it in HVA builder, its still weird in game. I f I manually fix it move by move in game, then it look weird in HVa builder. But before resize model was fine both ingame and in HVA.
So,I just wanted quick details what could possibly be problem, I do not want to waste your time on this, but I may upload voxel, thats not problem.
But Voxel Section Editor often does that especially to turreted and barreled voxels.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis wrote:
Mig Eater ah yes I am using 1.39 too, but on icon, when I hover over it it says 1.37, but when I open it, it is 1.39 actually.

Yea, genious. Bear in mind that VXLSE III 1.39 installation does not create shortcuts in your desktop or start menu Wink.

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

v.1.39.146
its same whenever I click in shortcut or open it directly from its folder. With measure tool, new 3D modelizer and such. What is the problem?
Also, as I remember, installation was automatically downloading/upgrading old one to new one, something like that I cant remember.
So, if shortcut is leftover from old version, I do not see problem about it, I see problem when it screws HVA sometimes, not directly hva, voxel position/bounds/whatever it screws.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum