Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:03 am
All times are UTC + 0
(Request)Move CanDetonateTimeBomb from Global to WeaponTypes
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:51 pm    Post subject:  (Request)Move CanDetonateTimeBomb from Global to WeaponTypes Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have a small request for ares. can you please move the CanDetonateTimeBomb (and maybe CanDetonateDeathBomb) Global tag to a WeaponsType tag.

Something like this maybe...

[WeaponsType]
IvanBomb.CanDetonateTimeBomb=yes
IvanBomb.CanDetonateDeathBomb=no

I'd imagine it'd be a rather easy thing to do, but i may be wrong as i'm no pro coder

cheers

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dodge
viper
gts
Very Happy

Although I do not use and need such things, I think it is nice and useable feature. Westwood made some things global instead of putting them into weapon sections.

But I need to warn you about one thing. I requested my requests (flying aircraft carriers and color enhancing) since 5.September last year. And still did not get them (although they are easy to implement). So this your feature will get...... hmmm... well your grandchildren are going to use it, do not worry.tr

PPM Halloween Season 2021

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How the ztype do you know what's easy to implement? If it's so easy you do it. Ares is supposed to be a community project, despite only having one fully active member at the moment. It's all open source so you can jump in at any time and create the feature you want so badly.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The above post is 100% supported by the Graion Dilach Operations Centre. thoI'm so interested in Bolt's wordings regarding my position in this project. #Tongue

Have to say that I'm not really sharing the view that this feature is so easily codable, but I'm not at home atm and can't check the code.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
How the ztype do you know what's easy to implement? If it's so easy you do it. Ares is supposed to be a community project, despite only having one fully active member at the moment. It's all open source so you can jump in at any time and create the feature you want so badly.
thats why i said "i'd imagine". Yes it could be a very hard feature to implement.

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I was refering to Haosis however I guess it could also apply to your request as well. #Tongue

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I was refering to Haosis however I guess it could also apply to your request as well. #Tongue
oh, i see

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
How the ztype do you know what's easy to implement?

OmegaBolt, because that is fixing bug, not whole feature. People are requesting (or were in past, I am not looking into requests, this one I saw accidentally) a whole new logic which must be done completely from scratch. So following some logic, fixing a bug (or intended feature) would be logically much easier than writing new logics which require much more of time, not to say, lot of different testing.
So what is wrong with you? Can't someone say anything without to get hostility here? You know, I can be asshole too.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Haosis. Shut up. You are superarrogant lately and you are the reason why everyone around you as well.

Extending/overriding a tag can also end up coding as much as a new feature. Because you have to count how many times the variable is used, where it's used and can you access the overide from that point of code... etc.

Many times even features have such issue that they have to be rethought entirely because of the above.

And ztype you, this is a feature request not a bugreport.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If this thread becomes the next FFA Insult thread, I'll just close it.

The request is perfectly fine, both tags aren't deglobalized yet. Aside from the new tag definitions it's just ten lines of code.

@MasterHaosis: I told you why I'm not going to add support for 30 colors. I think they would all look the same (though that might be because I'm male).

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
If this thread becomes the next FFA Insult thread, I'll just close it.

The request is perfectly fine, both tags aren't deglobalized yet. Aside from the new tag definitions it's just ten lines of code.

@MasterHaosis: I told you why I'm not going to add support for 30 colors. I think they would all look the same (though that might be because I'm male).
thx, that will be very useful for me

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have your chance to test whether it's working. This feature is included in a beta build as explained here. If it gets tested and it works, it will be in 0.4.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon