Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:32 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Logic Extension
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:12 pm    Post subject:  Logic Extension
Subject description: for vehicle
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

please extend vehicle TechnoType logic, like this:

Quote:

;GDI Crawler
[GCRAWL]
WeaponsFactory=yes
ConstructionYard=yes
GDIBarracks=yes

i want to make a crawler like in CNC4

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So what you're saying is you want something to poop out units while it is walking?

lol lmfao you so funny, that's extremely difficult to make. Even as a non-Ares programmer I can tell you that. Think about exit positions, maybe even AI issues etc.
The only alternative I see is a unit that deploys in the factory, and later undeploys back into that crawler.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
So that you're saying is you want something to poop out units while it is walking?

Lmfao.

Death, that is the best logic statement I ever heard from you lol! You just made my day.

Of course this can be done via deploying and using CYard as war factory or barracks. You don't need logic extension.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Theorically, we coulda do the following:

search out the kickout process for an infantry or unit, hook into there that the kickout shall be skipped and place the unit around the 'crawler' via something like UnitDelivery. Code for this part already exists (hooks for BuiltAt/cloning stuff can be used for this, and UnitDelivery can be mimicked).

The main concern about this is how to select which unit is the primary, how to select which units are made in this crawler (expansion to BuildAt?).

Quite certain that the way descibed by OP is nonsense. I personally consider the feature itself bloatware stupidity. However as I said above, it might not be as hard to code as it seems at first (without anims).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Deathreaper:

Even the crawler in CNC4 had to deploy to release its units, although it technically could build a few and hold them until it landed. I have to agree with Graion that this sounds quite unnecessary.

EDIT: It would appear that EA never did release an SDK for CNC4. In that case, good luck! If someone on the Ares team decides to implement this then fantastic, but, while I cannot speak for anyone besides me, I think that chances are they have bigger fish to fry.

Sidenote to PPM admins: you guys should seriously consider investing in a strike-through BBCode tag.

Last edited by WoRmINaToR on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:48 pm; edited 4 times in total

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do you mean implement it?

The situation as you described it is already in!
Ever looked at the mobile war factory? Probably not.

Deploy to build units, boom: mobile war factory.

/ppm/'s stupidity

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thank you captain obvious, I'm pretty sure we are all aware by now of what a mobile war factory does.

Either way, that's not what OP originally requested.

He wants a VehicleType unit that can produce vehicles whilst on the move. As I mentioned, the CNC4 crawler could at least build units and store them in its cargo hold before deploying to release all of them at once (mobile WF doesn't do that).

If implemented as Graion suggested, the units would spawn immediately, but if he says implementation of that would be simple(er) then I trust his intuition on that. A logic to store the units in a cargo hold and allow the unit to deploy at the same time (two logics that use the deploy function at the same time) would get pretty complex and confusing.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Either way sounds entirely unbalanced.

"Herp derp, I'm gonna just run away throwing tanks behind me until you run out!"
or
"Look at me, I built a war faktry, dun sent it to your base, and made an army on the way."

No one wanted this feature in C&C4 and that's WHY C&C4 failed. Why would anyone want it now?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's more than just flipping a few bits. Units need support for Factory= (and the code behind it: managing a build queue). If you want to have multiple factories on a single object, the fun starts. Houses need to be made aware of these new factories (like managing the current primary factory). The UI needs to be updated, because the sidebar also interacts with those factories (building/training, build queues and drawing production progress). Updating the function responsible for kicking out/BuiltAt/ClonedAt is the easiest part, but without the factory update, nothing would work.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew I forgot something, true that.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WoRmINaToR wrote:
Even the crawler in CNC4 had to deploy to release its units, although it technically could build a few and hold them until it landed

Are you sure ??? There are 2 crawlers, Offense and Defense

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Guys think about it properly... the Crawlers in Twilight didn't even get to build units while moving. They're just like the MWF's in Tiberian Sun but also allowed you to train infantry & aircraft but only if the crawler deployed into a Command Center.

From what I understood about this... you want to give a Building the ability to possess all the traits of a Construction Yard,Barracks & a War Factory.

The first thing that popped into my head is how the game would handle it on which building will act as the primary. As all 3 of those Tags require the building to have deploy function.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already close this discussion, as deathreaperz isn't even replying to actual relevant posts regarding his request.

What's with the retard-ism on PPM lately?

/ppm/'s stupidity

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
deathreaperz isn't even replying to actual relevant posts regarding his request

im replying

because i never played CNC4 TT on PC, im playing it on my HandPhone, even in offense, the crawler is walking, and still can produce and produced units come out from the crawler (offense)

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:
What's with the retard-ism on PPM lately?

What's with the asshole-ism on PPM lately? You, Haosis, and Zero have been unnecessarily aggressive towards quite a few people, what exactly is your guys' problem?

Anywho, back on subject...

I happen to own a copy of CNC4 (not exactly by choice, came with the ultimate edition), so i can download tomorrow and check out exactly how it works. In the release game there are three crawlers, unless they took one out after the beta for some odd reason, and all of them worked essentially the same way. They could produce units on the move but could not deploy them to the battlefield until the crawler deployed. Not exactly a mobile factory, but damn close to one.

I'm going to be honest here and say that I really think the mobile factory logic should be enough to suit whatever usage case you're thinking of, unless you're thinking about a unit that perhaps has some special ability to poop out one specific unit of one specific type, which I still think can be accomplished by other means (MakeInfantry being a possible candidate).

I just don't think this necessitates the time and effort that would most likely have to be put in to make a system like this work. And, in all honesty, I think in the end no matter how the implementation works this would be limited to niche cases. Things could get a bit confusing if the player were to end up in a situation where he has both a stationary factory and a mobile crawler one.

Last edited by WoRmINaToR on Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Offense Crawlers on both GDI & Nod I think comes armed with a Gun.

WoRmINaToR
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

... and that has what, exactly, to do with this topic?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So we're not talking about the Crawler in TT?... Confused

You already covered everything about it anyway. Coding Wise (I'm just guessing here) It'll be very messy since you'll be trying to hook up 4 Factories Buildings,Units,Infantry,Aircraft into 1 Building.

For example you could put cloning vats of infantry on a War Factory but can't put it on a Barracks or vice-versa.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [18 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon