Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:44 am
All times are UTC + 0
Project Phantom July 2013 Update
Moderators: Global Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject:  Project Phantom July 2013 Update
Subject description: Media update + status report.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This time it's a media update plus a small status update as well.

Let's start on a less light note. As you might or might not have noticed, there hasn't been a lot of going on for Project Phantom in past few months. This is not without a reason. My motivation to work on the mod dropped dramatically a couple of months ago as a result of some circumstances that shall go unmentioned in this article and because playtesting of the mod revealed that the gameplay of the mod might require several, possibly very drastic reworks to put it back on it's track to perfecting the gameplay balance. Since then I've been taking a break of sorts from the development and most of the things you see me post below are in fact from March or early April. This was necessary, as continuing to work on a single project for years without a longer break in between might take it's toll on anybody.

Because things are not going to work themselves out by itself over a night and I want to take my time with this project to ensure that the end result will be as awesome as possible, it is entirely possible that the trend of a rather low public activity will be going on in the future as well, possibly for months. Related to this, I was planning to rework the content of Project Phantom website for the next public progress update to include most up-to-date information available so far, but because of high amount of changes expected to the mod, this has been delayed to indefinite future. I did, however, update the site layout of the site exactly as I planned to.

Once the development issues have been solved, it is likely that there shall be a surge of news released once again, likely accompanied by brand-new video footage of the mod. Time will tell, however.

Onto the actual content of this update, here are some new units/unit graphics, belonging to various factions. Click one of the small images to see a full-sized one.

Barracuda Gunboat body original voxel made by Daz, Allied Cargo Plane original by Mig Eater, Prominence Tank, Tyrant Flak Tank body, Slayer Tank body originals by Bu7loos and Reaper Buggy mortar mode turret by MadHQ.

Following is also a set of other, assorted updates.

A doodad addition - spotlights & spotlight towers. There are two sets of these structures, one where the spotlight won't rotate automatically (instead it is static and determined by the direction of the structure set in map editor) and another where the spotlight will automatically follow enemy units, with the tower only following ground units and the normal spotlight only following air units, respectively.

Other in-game content updates include new graphics for the capturable defenses, rework of the Conduit Tech Vault & new color scheme for the unique units available only from the Vault and two new defensive structures, one for the Eurasian Dominion and one for the Phantom Project.

Continuing on the long line of graphical reworks, here are the recently remastered versions of the faction logos for the three playable factions.

And to match the reworked logos, a new set of loading screens for skirmish & multiplayer had to be created.

Additionally, there is a remade version of the 3x3 faction logo grid image that was shown in last update in January, with the remastered faction logos and some other tweaks to match the more recent lore developments. Check out the description of the image on Project Phantom ModDB Image Gallery to see which logo belongs to which faction, if you didn't already know or wasn't able to guess. Lastly, there is a preview of new sidebar graphics for Allied Forces faction.

Until next time, farewell.

FOLLOW PROJECT PHANTOM AT

Last edited by Starkku on Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sweet jesus those voxels are good. The units themselves are huge, though, I guess that's intended?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Sweet jesus those voxels are good. The units themselves are huge, though, I guess that's intended?

Well it is intentional, yes. I am using an unit scale (if you can even seriously talk about a scale in RA2/YR/TS) larger than the one used in vanilla game. Obviously results in some unit overlapping but that's kind on unavoidable anyways, unless one wants to resort to using tiny voxels. I've chosen to ignore the overlapping issue, altough one could hope that at some point in the future Ares would let us declare a foundation size for vehicles as well. Altough implications a such feature would pose to the pathfinding might be somewhat problematic.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like those loading screens and logos.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Starkku wrote:
Crimsonum wrote:

Well it is intentional, yes. I am using an unit scale (if you can even seriously talk about a scale in RA2/YR/TS) larger than the one used in vanilla game. Obviously results in some unit overlapping but that's kind on unavoidable anyways, unless one wants to resort to using tiny voxels. I've chosen to ignore the overlapping issue, altough one could hope that at some point in the future Ares would let us declare a foundation size for vehicles as well. Altough implications a such feature would pose to the pathfinding might be somewhat problematic.

Hyper did this for HyperPatch some years ago, I remember him showing a Weed Eater with a 3x3 foundation. I'm not sure what happened to that feature.

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love those Allied units!! <3 <3 <3 <3 It gives me some fetishes already <3333 XD

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Best vpl I've seen. Finally some RA2 voxel which don't look bad due to crap lighting.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Will Soviet Union get a chance to appear in this mod?

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why would you want the crappy old Soviet Union when you've got Dominion? Which are essentially the USSR controlled by Yuri, therefore 100% cooler.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
Why would you want the crappy old Soviet Union when you've got Dominion? Which are essentially the USSR controlled by Yuri, therefore 100% cooler.

THIS. Its so annoying to hear it over and over again as if moddb comments on it weren't enough. Soviet Union is OVERDONE and PLAIN and frankly very little can be done to rehash it to any cool spins.

Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Soviet Union is OVERDONE and PLAIN and frankly very little can be done to rehash it to any cool spins"

Bu7loos Can handle this ! #Tongue

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:

THIS. Its so annoying to hear it over and over again as if moddb comments on it weren't enough. Soviet Union is OVERDONE and PLAIN and frankly very little can be done to rehash it to any cool spins.

I can agree that the Soviet Union is widely used and new bad guys are good, but you could also say that the Allies are overdone and boring.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [12 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!