Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am
All times are UTC + 0
Athena Gunship
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject:  Athena Gunship
Subject description: Full Satelite Access
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

*Credits to Orac for Voxel Base

Your call is important to us. -Athena Gunship when Selected

Athena Gunship
Affiliation: Allied Forces
Primary Weapon: Full-Charge Glaucus Cannon
Secondary Weapon: Short-Charge Glaucus Cannon
Role: Siege & Anti-Infantry
Strong: Infantry & Structures
Weak: Anti-Air
Cost: 2000
Speed: 10
Strength: 800
Sight: 8
Size: 3
Armor: Aircraft Plating
Movement: Air
Requirements: Armor Facility & Tech Bureau
Additional Info:
- Can self-repair

The Athena Gunship was an experimental VTOL Aircraft originally built for transport of large scale cargo and forces. Greek Commanders saw the potential for it when Albert Einstein's Prism Tanks were seen in action and they quickly commissioned Greek Manufacturers to weaponize the Aircraft. Using a miniature Satelite called the Glaucus which is fitted with multiple Prism pods the Athena can fire off powerful energy beams from a distance. Another feature which was requested was utilizing the GPS Satelites circling the globe as enhanced spotting platforms providing the Athena with a beacon to allow the Athena Cannon to increase their range twofold. When targeting these beacons the Athena Cannon calibrate their Glaucus Satelites to shorter bursts which weakens the damage but allows it to fire more shots than their usual setting. The Beacon can only be activated when sufficient time has been given from the Tech Bureau.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Es ist hübsch!

I like it a lot. Is the rotor animated, can you show the animation?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is the original Voxel I edited it from but yeah it spins.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought flying aircraft carriers are buggy (spawns perfectly, but the spawned aircraft lands into the ground after their mission). I suppose that Glaucus Sat is one use only (i.e destroys itself after completing its mission) or are you using some other Ares logic.

Nice remake of the EU Valkyrie btw. On a side note, were you by any chance inspired by Chasey Blue from Vigilante 8: 2nd Offence (I recall her SP weapon to be a mini sat armed with a sweeping laser)?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually the Glaucus is just its Turret. The Unit has a pretty insane height on its FLH something along 850 or so.

The idea of a weaponized mini-satelite I got it from Gunbound from the A-Sate Vehicle. It was armed with a painter gun that would allow its satelite to fire on whatever location the paint hit in the map.

freedom fighter
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh I remember that game. I always thought that the A-Sate looked op (probably because it has this huge intimidating killsat  high up on the map that made really big booms. Still liked the Bigfoot better though :3).

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nice Jem, its nice

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon