Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:19 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Warthog
Moderators: Atomic_Noodles
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:18 am    Post subject:  Warthog
Subject description: Shake 'em down!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

* Credits to Me2 for Voxel base

Got anything good? -Warthog when Selected

Warthog
Affiliation: Eagle Commandos
Primary Weapon: Avenger Chaingun
Secondary Weapon: Napalm Bombs
Role: Ground Attack Aircraft
Strong: Ground Targets
Weak: Anti-Air
Cost: 1500
Speed: 14
Strength: 300
Sight: 8
Size: 15
Armor: Aircraft Plating
Movement: Air
Requirements: Airforce Command & Tech Bureau
Additional Info:
- This Unit replaces the Spirit Bomber for the Eagle Command

The A-10 Thunderbolt or more commonly known by the grunts as the 'Warthog' is a highly mobile aircraft employed exclusively by the Eagle Command. Armed with the Avenger Class Chain Gun. The Chain gun can quickly make short work of infantry & light vehicles. The A-10 also comes armed with Napalm-Burst Missiles which it is mainly used against larger targets such as structures.

Last edited by Atomic_Noodles on Thu Sep 07, 2017 5:15 am; edited 1 time in total

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome Surprised

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Napalm for the Allies is "bad form" in my opinion, but then again you can't have the A-10 in C&C without napalm! A tough choice!

Our mission, unfinished, may take a thousand years.  

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Napalm isn't much of a secret know-how. The Soviets have more of it in use since they have less qualms about its uses and long term effects. This is why its also pretty much why its on the T3 Aircraft as well.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, not secret, but it just seems like burning people to death isn't something the "good guys" would do (although, of course, RL history proved that wrong)... ants maybe, but not people.

I approve that you explicitely made it so the napalm is never used vs infantry.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The USA and NATO are the not the 'good guys'

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In RL maybe not, but in RA2, they're not the kind of people who drop napalm on folks, burning people has always been the Soviet "hat".

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think it's far more interesting than the RA2 Allies where they were always so boring and pristine.

The voxel looks tiny though.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
they're not the kind of people who drop napalm on folks

No they just create natural disasters with artificial storms & threaten the fabric of the universe with chrono vortexes. In comparison Soviet napalm & nukes seem rather tame...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good point!
Okay, well maybe it's less a matter of morals, but just of "style".
And I think chrono weapons are like, the epitome of "twisted morality", since you do not even actually die, in a sense! They're utterly destructive non-lethal weapons.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also a German Mad Scientist helped give them a Death Ray that practically burns you alive.

And the napalm explosions will still hit nearby infantry. (I.E: tesla troopers near a Tesla Coil) basically any 1x1 structure with infantry hugging it will get burned. Literally

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Different question, will it use Harrier-like missiles? Or Banshee? Or do you have something unique in mind?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just normal delivery aka Harrier Style. The main gimmick with it since its Napalm it deals area damage and also leaves Flames.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Just normal delivery aka Harrier Style. The main gimmick with it since its Napalm it deals area damage and also leaves Flames.

Ah, your approach is way different than mine. #Tongue

Mine is more of banshee-style approach with it firing laser chain-gun first then dropping the da bombs when it approaches to the structures or armor in the bombing range.

Millennium
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe gattling does not work for aircraft, sadly.
I also have a Warthog with gun/missile combo, but mine is radial-firing the missiles on strafing to get the Gen/ZH effect.
I'm debating now wether I should make them napalm missiles though.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Millennium wrote:
I believe gattling does not work for aircraft, sadly.
I also have a Warthog with gun/missile combo, but mine is radial-firing the missiles on strafing to get the Gen/ZH effect.
I'm debating now wether I should make them napalm missiles though.

I know. That is why I didn't used gattling logic on jets. Only time it will switch weapon is when it is approaching in the range for the bombs to be use.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I think it's far more interesting than the RA2 Allies where they were always so boring and pristine.

The voxel looks tiny though.

I might revisit the Voxels for Aircrafts in the future though. ATM they're chibi because they're sticking to the Vanilla Airpad. I might just increase they're size just big enough that they're the same size as the Ground Vehicles for the Selectable Ones As right now they're smaller than the infantry and the only big one is the Spy Plane.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [17 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon