Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 8:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
CnCNet 5 TS test package
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 2 [86 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2
Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd be interested in adding the UMP fixes to the TS CnCNet 5 package. FunkyFr3sh has the final say in it and he still needs to fix the map names in the client (they use the map name from the scenario itself, not missions.pkt). So good luck with that.

What (balance) changes did you remove from the UMP? I see a few mentions in the thread.

Are there any bugs in normal maps which require fixing? I heard some mention of bugs over on the XWIS forums.

Are there any quality maps that CnCNet 5 ought to include by default?

EDIT: I thought about the issue with disabling superweapons (and Hunter Seeker) and it requires writing to the Rules file or map file, as already noticed. I support such an option but FunkyFr3sh does the CnCNet 5 client so he needs to add it.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally wouldn't consider the EMP Cannon a superweapon.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me neither, and I wouldn't consider the Drop Pod either (imo it's like the paradrop in ra2). It complicates things when adding the feature. But you can definitely argue the Drop Pod is a superweapon.

EDIT: FunkyFr3sh has shown interest in the superweapons off feature via map file editing, but brings up the obvious point that it won't work for RULES.INI minimods which modify the superweapons stuff substantially. I honestly don't give a ztype about that though and he doesn't either.

EDIT2: Is it possible to merge art.ini, artfs.ini, ecach02.mix and expand02.mix in the UMP into one MIX file? It's an issue with all those files being loose, especially when CnCNet 5 is installed on existing TS installations.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you add the superweapons and raise their loading time, it will also work with minimods, since no minimod changes the partially even hardcoded IDs of the SWs.
e.g.
[MultiSpecial] ;ID hardcoded to be used by special crate one time shot too
RechargeTime=600

then it will take 10 hours to load one cluster missile (maybe -1 works too)

another more modding friendly approach would be using an ini. Then when SWs=off is set, simply copy the whole content of this ini into the map.
You could call the ini cncnetSWoff.ini and have it in the main folder.
Then you can add by default the code for the buildings with SuperWeapon=none, but any modder can instead place his own code into it.

Such a "copy ini content into map" thing would be also good for small special gamemodes.

as long as there is no loose rules or art in the folder, the highest numbered expandXX.mix with the UMP inis included should override any other existing inis.
Though since cncnet is already using a miniTS, the whole "mod" should be simply adjusted with the UMP files and data.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnCNet 5 can also be used by existing TS installations. Is it possible to place art.ini, artfs.ini, expand02.mix and ecach02.mix into one file?

I don't like the idea of long recharge time. People can still buy say the Missile Silo if they're confused about super weapons being on or not.

I was thinking about the INI approach too, but it requires extra checks on the INI file (i.e. more bookkeeping).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

expand99.mix
with files inside
-ecache99.mix
-art.ini
-artfs.ini

then this mix should theoretically override every other art/artfs in every other expandXX.mix except those placed directly in the folder

What do you need to check for the ini?
Code:
If (File.Exists(inifilename) && (useSWs==false))
copy content from inifilename into spawnmap.ini

nothing complicated

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you make this MIX?

The ini also needs to be checksummed cause if someone changes it his game will desync, that's why it isn't so simple to add.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

mix attached. However i haven't tested it if it really works as expected (theoretically it should). It's simply the UMP files packed together into one mix with the ecache02.mix from UMP renamed and added as ecache99.mix into the mix as well.

Isn't the final set spawnmap.ini checked against each other player? So when each client adds the ini before this check into spawnmap.ini, there shouldn't be any extra work or checks necessary.

expand99UMP.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  expand99UMP.zip
 Filesize:  791.6 KB
 Downloaded:  40 Time(s)

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's a quick way to check if it worked?

I don't know if the final spawnmap.ini file is checked.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

start in TS (not FS) and check if you can build firestorm units (e.g. limpet mine or juggernaut)
or
check the tiberium silo if it has 5 flashing pixel sized lamps. (without UMP there is no anim)

both are things which UMP changes/fixes

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

UMP allows you to build Firestorm units in when Firestorm is disabled?

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Last edited by ^Rampastein on Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Giving TechLevel=-1 to the Firestorm units is enough to make it a valid non-Firestorm game. The only real significance is the extra units.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There's the Drop Pod Node too, but it shouldn't be hard to give it TechLevel=-1 and AIBuildThis=no as well.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh yeah, I forgot that one. The fix is essentially what you just listed, so yeah. Smile

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Problem is we don't have any people with TS experience and TS modding experience to even do it ourselves (properly), let alone be sure it's working correctly. Someone has to do it for us.

Do art.ini/artfs.ini need to be checked so that they're not modified, to prevent desync? I assume so.

Concerning any new maps, could I get a handpicked selection of maps which completely blow away the default TS and FS default maps? The best of the best? Mind you I'm not sure if we'll add any new maps at all so you might be wasting your time.

As I speak there are 7 TS games being hosted on CnCNet 5 and 1 on XWIS. Getting 280+ players yesterday and today at peak. I hope this means that the TS community is slowly growing.

@Aro: What things did you include with earlier versions of UMP which you later removed?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can provide you with necessary INI code and help you test the features new problem, I am not an experienced programmer though, but I like many others here have a vast knowledge of TS modding. Smile Another advantage to the UMP is that Firestorm maps can be played in standard Tiberian Sun.

The balance changes the UMP featured were only simple ones, such as making GDI Starting units consist of only Titans and Light Infantry and Nod starting units consisting of only Tick Tanks and Light Infantry, since sometimes more often than not, GDI would start off with much stronger units than Nod giving GDI an unfair advantage.

I also added instant harvester dumping like in Red Alert 1 rather than the elongated dumping method used in TD and TS. That could also be an optional game choice, maybe.

Attached are the following text documents:

- Necessary INI Code to disable Superweapons
- Necessary INI Code to disable Hunter Seekers Only
- Necessary INI Code to disable Firestorm units

PS: This thread is a good way to quickly skim through some good fan-made maps, there are a lot of old, crappy dated ones in there too though. http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16954

INICodeLines.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  INICodeLines.rar
 Filesize:  563 Bytes
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would anyone have interest in a build off ally option?

I don't really know what FunkyFr3sh is doing, he doesn't really say anything and he doesn't seem to be active anymore.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I for one would definitely appreciate such a function, it's a really good addition for alliance games.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I actually already added that feature to Red Alert 1, but there is a bug that when you build below a team mate's building you need to build directly below (with no cells in between) the structure. All other directions work correctly. Never was able to figure that one out but it looks like players don't give a shit.

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well then, that's not that much of a problem IMO. #Tongue

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would certainly love such a feature.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds like really cool feature. But is it working in a way so it can't be abused?
Meaning, when exactly can you build next to another player?
a)when you are allied with this player
b)when the other player is allied with you

A full alliance is of course a and b, but if only a) is necessary to build next to another player, this could be dangerous.
e.g. perform a quick ally with an enemy, build a building in his base, break the alliance again.

If it works without such issues and a and b are both necessary, then it would be indeed very useful.

Another question: How does Special house work in this? It is by default allied with everyone, so theoretically any player would be able to instantly build next to any Special house building on the map.

Public SHPs

Tools

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Sounds like really cool feature. But is it working in a way so it can't be abused?
Meaning, when exactly can you build next to another player?
a)when you are allied with this player
b)when the other player is allied with you

A full alliance is of course a and b, but if only a) is necessary to build next to another player, this could be dangerous.
e.g. perform a quick ally with an enemy, build a building in his base, break the alliance again.
That could be done anyway. Once you've placed your building you can always build off yourself, so you no longer need their alliance in order to do it.

If there is a 'fixed alliances' option then it wouldn't be an issue. If you're playing FFA with alliances allowed then you're opening yourself up for this kind of thing.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If they have allied you you can build at their base.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
If there is a 'fixed alliances' option then it wouldn't be an issue.
And there is such an option already available. Can't remember what the official client calls it though, in DTA it's known as Locked teams.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

call me dumb, I don't care

but you say you can make for TS for online play, player to choose starting points for both Human and AI

can you do that for ordinary TS/FS ? , just for skirmish ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

both. the cncnet client (like the DTA launcher) allows to choose starting locations for human and AI player on skirmish and online games.
The ingame multiplayer menu and options are completely redundant now.

Public SHPs

Tools

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

LAN of course too. You can also load savegames and single player missions externally but those aren't fully tested yet. So the complete ingame menu is redundant now and you can make a dialog with stand-alone missions. You can also do rapid testing by crafting spawn.ini to load the map you're developing and creating a spawn.bat file to launch your map, including being a spectator. Spectator shows the full map of course and it allows you to spectate AI players playing. Allied AI players are no longer bugged now because of a fix I made.

It's also possible to now place units on a map for players based on their spawn location. A very powerful feature I heard YR also has.

Every publicly released cheat which was sent to me no longer works, after me and CCHyper cooperated on fixing them (and CCHyper donating fixes). The build anywhere exploit no longer works and I'm currently figuring out the infinite Firestorm exploit and another superweapon related exploit.

Special clients can also implement special game modes a la YR with rules.ini modifications (or loading swapping rules.ini files w/e). It is also possible to add new game options this way like turning superweapons on/off.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so lemme understand this project...
this isn't patched main game.exe for any of C&C games
but some auto-play-launch thingy that injects/enforces all those changes on original game .exes ?

and if so, what happens to those who for example hex edited their game.exe to customize their mod
does this stop working now ?

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They're patched game EXEs, no injection.

I added the build off ally feature (checking mutual alliances just to be sure). I fixed an issue with savegames and the anticheat. I added two WIP fixes for:

- Infinite Firestorm exploit (not tested yet by someone who has experience doing this exploit)
- Fully charged superweapon buildings which were powered down would not reset the superweapon cameo icon progress when the building is lost. Rebuilding the building would give you the completely charged up superweapon cameo icon again. This is a TS game exploit. NOT TESTEd if this breaks anything related to superweapons.

Waiting for FunkyFr3sh to update CnCNet 5 so you guys can play around with it.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

any chance to fix the tiberium STOP grow bug ? #Tongue

also is there any FULL changelog of features and things fixed ?

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

no

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I did some changes to the netcode to reduce lag and I also forced low detail level because players were getting WaveClass errors even with HyperPatch 0.2 But FunkyFr3sh still needs to update TS. And also add build off ally and the options to disable hunter seeker and superweapons.

hifi still needs to finish the Windows 8 fix for TS but he's busy writing a compiler or something like that. Dunno what's up with that.

luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:08 pm    Post subject: Four side/house? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA support four playable house..
Can we do that in TS/FS mods like Crystallized Doom?

Astor
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Four side/house? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

luxycomplex wrote:
DTA support four playable house..
Can we do that in TS/FS mods like Crystallized Doom?

I tried CnCNet 5 with my mod a while ago, but so far it doesn't look like it's working without adjusting it. It does work for GDI & Nod. But yeah not able to select Cabal or The Forgotten.

Would be nice to get it to work - as the features CnCNet provides are really good (starting locations and choosing teams for example)

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon