Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 pm
All times are UTC + 0
OS SHP Builder: Post your ideas, suggestions, comments!!!
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [224 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
U use a "array of" rather than a set array? (im guessing you did)

The early test builds of SHP Builder (after 1.0) did have a "Colour Bank" tho it was so the user could pick the closest colour (basicaly the algarithm would pick a colour and ask the user if it was correct). It was removed due to the fact asking the user to verify over 100 colours is err bad.

- This is a completely colour bank that I still need to give it to you. And it uses a completely different structure. I use a modification of binary trees. It uses 6 links and it checks the tree by priority level (first red, then green and finally blue) making it check trees with thousand or million colours with less than 255 instructions in over 90% of the cases.

Quote:
"- without Colour Bank: 14 minutes or crash" for testing 400*300 is a good size btw. Tho going for the lets try n break the application i suppose you picked correct (tho u should use a 2000*2000 and then 3000*3000 #Tongue).

- The picture has the following size: 1687x1687. It means that it checks nearly 2.8 millions of pixels to translate them to correct colour. For a 400x300 picture, it takes less than two minutes without colour bank and even less with colour bank

Stucuk wrote:
The problem with the algarithms is that they can sometimes pick 2 colours (maybe 3) this is due to the "distance" between them and the original colour.

Simplest explination is when using a colour difference algarithm. Basicaly it works in this way. (you can stop reading here, it may sound like maths but it should b understandable)

First it takes the original colour and works out its Red, Green and Blue values (all colours are made from red, green and blue, the range is 0 to 255).

Then it goes through the list and gets the RGB of the palette colours and works out the difference in RGB between the original and the palette colours.

- the problem mostly lies on the way to calculate this difference.

Stucuk wrote:
The problem is that if the original had say

Red: 50
Green: 50
Blue: 50

and 2 of the palette colours had

Red: 40
Green: 40
Blue: 40

and

Red: 60
Green: 60
Blue: 60

both of the 2 posible colours have the same difference in red, green and blue(10). This is where the problem is, how do u pick between the posible colours?

- This explains exactly why there isnt only one colour conversion method. Stu's CCMs usually takes the darker colour because of the type of comparison that he insists in not treating each colour as a different dimension. Colour+ will take more lighter colours than darkers when it needs to do this kind of choice.

Colour+ will be better for situations like:

Original Colour: 60, 50, 40
Candidate 1: 60,40,50
Candidate 2: 50,40,60

Colour+ will priorize the stronger colours. In this case, it's red (60) in the original colour. So, each difference receives a sort of multiplier. The higher the priority, the higher the multiplier and the value it generates as distance. Since the red difference on Candidate 1 is smaller, the distance tol be calculated in Candidate 1 is smaller than Candidate 2's... so, it will choose candidate 1... Of course it's more complex than that, but most of other algorithms will choose the first that appears in their way...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Stu's CCMs usually takes the darker colour because of the type of comparison that he insists in not treating each colour as a different dimension.

That is BS.

1. it picks the colour with the closest colour difference, this is nto a light or dark thing
2. When it has multipul colours to chose from it picks the one closest to the start of the palette.
3. Colour difference keep's the darkness/lightness as close to the original colour as possible.

Quote:
he insists in not treating each colour as a different dimension

Its funny that the alg that is the ebst overall (number 3) doesn't treat it as the sacrid 3d whatever.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The 'best overall' is what your auto select script based on your way to calculate it... the tendency is really that it will choose a CCM based on your logic.

The best overall with human eyes test is R+G+B Full Difference, although this new Colour+ gets tied with it (sometimes it improves results, other times it's lightly close.. although your new CCM is good also, but still need improvement imo...

Quote:
That is BS.

1. it picks the colour with the closest colour difference, this is nto a light or dark thing
2. When it has multipul colours to chose from it picks the one closest to the start of the palette.
3. Colour difference keep's the darkness/lightness as close to the original colour as possible.

No... it's human eyes tests... and with unittem.pal, it usually gives a nice red effect to the picture #Tongue.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The auto select works fine, it works out the difference between the colour in the picture and the colour the alg picks, so its value is 100% correct on which alg converts the picture the best.

And to the naked eye number 3 is the best. (using multipul pictures as tests, i have also used the same pics on the other alg's and gotten the result that number 3 is the best in 99% of the cases in both human eye and from the auto select)

(i still don't know why ur obsessed with red, since it doesn't have any preferences)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the difference for you is:

|original colour's red - closest colour's red| + |original colour's green - closest colour's green| + |original colour's blue - closest colour's blue|

For me, the colour difference is the smallest vector that links the original colour and the closest colour.... and there is a very big difference in these two reasonings...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

going by eye sight on multipul pics the auto select picks the correct one about 99.999% of the time.

So going by the eye test, it picks the correct ones.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

it gets the wrong one in that acidbra picture... your newest thing gives a little darker result than mines, although it's better in the botton right part...

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

after inumerous pictures tested, I've noticed that your algorithm really only chooses 2 or 3 (although rarely chooses 3) because of the |r - r0| +|g - g0| + |b - b0| calculation used in both CCMs. However, in many pictures, others produced a better or equal quality. I must admit that your new CCM as good as Full Difference and Colour+. You really must test these three to find which fits better the picture. Lighter pictures get better with Colour+ while darker pictures or not that much dark gets good results with both Full Difference and your new CCM...

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

All ALG's pick between 1-3 posible colours

Quote:
it gets the wrong one in that acidbra picture... your newest thing gives a little darker result than mines, although it's better in the botton right part...

Rememebr the auto select is based on the whole picture not one part, so whatever has the lowest difference total is the one it picks.

Iv just implemented "Feedback" its a record that holds soem values one being the posible colours (only works on GetBestColour3 but im modifying it so it acts like the other alg's)

Image Size Used: 400*559
anyway results:

Posible Colours:
ALG1 : 9376399 (tho result image differed from ALG1..... something wrong... It has no matching colours.....)
ALG3 : 88736
ALG4 : 63632

ALG3 and ALG4 are at least working (well my recreation)

Note: the posible colour value is only when there are more than 1 posible colours also for each one with more than one posible the value passed back is -1 of the numebr of posibles. This way it is only catching how meny wrong posible colours there getting.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

- I was talking about the autoselect script you wrote that chooses alg=2 or alg=3 because of the formula it uses.

Quote:
Iv just implemented "Feedback" its a record that holds soem values one being the posible colours (only works on GetBestColour3 but im modifying it so it acts like the other alg's)

- Records works... but they are slow. Use pointers Wink.

============================================

And finally, I've wrote another colour conversion method that I called 3D Infurion. It works similarly to Full Difference, except that it makes a list of colours with the smallest 3d distance from the original colour. Then, if the list has 2 or more elements, it calculates an avarage of the neighbor colours and calculates the makes a list with the colours with the smallest distance from the avarage colour. If 2 or more colours are choosen, it detects if the colour is light or dark and chooses the lighter or the darker one depending on the situation. The results are quite interesting, but Colour+ still gets some interesting effects better than this one.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:

- I was talking about the autoselect script you wrote that chooses alg=2 or alg=3 because of the formula it uses.

It works out the difference in RGB. There is nothing wrong in that, the colour with the closest RGB is the correct colour. Ones that have a high difference have different shades(as in they are darker or lighter than the original), and these are wrong if picked.

So to sum it up, it works perfectly fine.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
Banshee wrote:
Quote:

It works out the difference in RGB. There is nothing wrong in that, the colour with the closest RGB is the correct colour. Ones that have a high difference have different shades(as in they are darker or lighter than the original), and these are wrong if picked.

So to sum it up, it works perfectly fine.

- Errr... work as you wished, but not necessarily chooses the best option. Btw, 3D RGB Infurion (my newest alg) isnt compatible with the auto-select thing, because of the part that checks the neighborhood, I need to make a new SetFrameFromBMP thing... if you know what I mean Wink.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As i keep saying it picks the alg that has the less differences to the original.

Procedure SetFrameImageFrmBMP2(var SHP:TSHP; const Frame:integer;Palette:TPalette;Bitmap : TBitmap; BGColour : Tcolor; alg : byte; IgnoreBackground,IgnoreShadow,IgnoreGlowingColours:Boolean);
Procedure SetFrameImageFrmBMP2F(var SHP:TSHP; const Frame:integer;Palette:TPalette;Bitmap : TBitmap; BGColour : Tcolor; alg : byte; IgnoreBackground,IgnoreShadow,IgnoreGlowingColours:Boolean);
Procedure SetFrameImageFrmBMP2NoBG(var SHP:TSHP; const Frame:integer;Palette:TPalette;Bitmap : TBitmap; BGColour : Tcolor; alg : byte; IgnoreShadow,IgnoreGlowingColours:Boolean);
Procedure SetFrameImageFrmBMP2WithShadows(var SHP:TSHP; const Frame:integer;Bitmap : TBitmap; BGColour : Tcolor);
Function SetFrameImageFrmBMP2Diff(const Frame:integer;Palette:TPalette;Bitmap : TBitmap; BGColour : Tcolor; alg : byte; IgnoreBackground,IgnoreShadow,IgnoreGlowingColours:Boolean) : integer;

If you change one dramaticaly(which you must b doing) you need to change them all. Also if you change GetPaletteColour2 then you have to change all the getpalettecolour2's as well as the things that call them.

"Nothing is incompatable unless you make it that way."
- ME

Last edited by stucuk on Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I havent changed it dramatically... I made an entirely new one.

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After extensive experimenting, I found a perfect solution to my stupid edge problem that I think is easy to implement.

I posted a quick hlafhearted version of this a few weeks back at SS.

If a renderer calculates the pixels of an image one by one, the resulting image looks blocky, lacks any smoothness, and looks like its been made in paint.

So renderers have a little something called AA. What AA does is instead of calculating individual pixels, the pixel in question is subdivided, the sub pixels produced, and the sub pixels averaged into one pixel.

This gives a very desireable smooth effect.

This is a problem in SHP making because the smoothing introduces faulty colors on the edges of an image. I've experimented with the quite a bit and find that its impossible to fix this problem reliable with color filters, and gaps appear in game between image and shadow.

Instead of color filtering, I found an interesting idea: think of the way AA works in the first place. Isn't it basically the same thing as rendering your image at a (much)larger resolution, then resizing down?

Here's my idea: The guy rendering sets AA completely off and renders with extra large resolution (fixed aspect ratio).

BS SHP has a new, special resizer. The way it would work is the same as regular AA :averaging a set of pixels; except that if a set of pixels to be averaged contains background color, the algorithm first counts the background color. If there is more background pixes, the final pixel is background, if there are more of other colors than they are averaged and the final pixel is that average color.

There should be a dialog box that requests a single resize factor, which must be an odd integer between 3 and 11. Must be odd so that the background color process I described above won't have to deal with the situation of an even number of background and color pixels.

The current resize does seem to have the background color thing I mentioned, however it isn't very smooth.
Improving current resize would work, but IMO it'd be pretty slow, as we are often dealing with large images.

Any thoughts?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is AA a blur thing or have the same effect.

(a AA procedure was found(on the net) but its "effect" looked like a blur tool)

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a comparison.

This file was made for Olaf about a month ago, but it show you both what is all I'm talking about and also why I can't just resize with XCC Mixer (Olaf didn't fix shadow problem as seen in pic, not yet at least).

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

so thats a no.

i have no clue how to do complex image things(as i have said b4) and i don't think banshee know how to make one eather.

The thing i found seems to blur the image tho it does your averageing of the colours.

EDIT: Attached "preview" of the BS AA (AKA Mr Blur, tho it said it was an AA...... i still think its a blur)

norm_blur.jpg
 Description:
Normal v Blur
 Filesize:  16.66 KB
 Viewed:  27261 Time(s)

norm_blur.jpg

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Im sorry if I interupt your discussion but I think a cool abuility would be to have an option to break a single image into frames. I didnt see this feature when I was poking around the programe and I havent seen any one sugest it.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good idea... it will be added later Smile

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you have a sample image?

(need to know exactly how its layed out, one long line, some stacked on top of each other in rows..... etc)

EDIT: btw the pal pack's 1 and 2 were added. the other guy who holped with the first one, his files arn't added due to them not being in the right format...... preview pic added...

P.S BS Palette Editor (which's release has been delayed until BS SHP Builder is next released) was given the ability to create CScheme files, they are powerful scripts for replacing colours. Allowing the SHP Builder (or even VXLSE) to edit SHP's colours following the script(or VXL in VXLSE's case)

CScheme's are quite easy to make, should b quicker than creating a pal and much more accurate.

palpack.jpg
 Description:
Pal Pack "Intergration" with BS SHP Editor
 Filesize:  102.62 KB
 Viewed:  27246 Time(s)

palpack.jpg

Last edited by stucuk on Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk wrote:
so thats a no.

i have no clue how to do complex image things(as i have said b4) and i don't think banshee know how to make one eather.

The thing i found seems to blur the image tho it does your averageing of the colours.

EDIT: Attached "preview" of the BS AA (AKA Mr Blur, tho it said it was an AA...... i still think its a blur)

Pardon me if this sounds offensive, but are you tell me that you can invent better color conversion than photoshop but not write an algorithm that seeks the average color of a square set of pixels?

IMO blur is more complicated than my request.

Did I mention that this is basically a simplified (ie not complexified) resize operation?

Perhaps we don't understand each other... ...?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee made it and it was a simple routine, the one with the less total difference wins...... (it only requires a person to b able to add and subtract numbers, tho his latest 3d ones require much more brains to come up with)

the resize banshee made, and i don't see how its like an aa at all, the AA from my understanding only applys its self to the edges, meaning you need to detect what are edges. (and i have no clue how to detect edges)

The blur thing was from the net as i said, i never made it i just made it ignore the BG colour.

I may b thinking its more complex than it is, i may not.......... Best bet is banshee making it.

P.S it don't sound offensive. (and iv never tested Photoshop against BS SHP Editor so i wouldn't know how it differs)

Kravvitz
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

maybe you could give the text image you used on PSP, BS SHP Builder and XCC to someone who has PS to test it and find out.

For the detect edge thing, can't you check for pixels with similar colors close together and when there is a group of pixels of a very different color then that's an edge? Checking for that would probably be slow, so it should be able to be turned off.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have plans for 2 new resize algorithms. One would resize like the blocky one, except that it would smooth the borders while the other would split the block in subblocks (when increasing the size) and check neighborhood to 'ajust the borders', like a primitive AA would do. But this is something hard to do...

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks like Banshee got it, but just in case:

Forget the words 3D, render, and AA. Here is what is needed:

In the edit menu, below resize, is a new command. Called it AA resize or whatever you want.

A dialog appears which prompts for an odd integer greater than or equal to three (reason for this in a moment).

When OK is pressed, a check is made that indeed it's an odd integer greater than or equal to 3, and that the image dimensions are evenly divisable by the number entered (for example, if three is entered and the image is 240x240, we're ok, but if 3 is entered and the image is 250x250 return an error since 250 is not divisable by three).

If all is OK, then resize the image down with a factor of the number is entered. And here is how the resize would work:

Take the number entered and take a square set of pixels from the image and the square's dimension is the number entered. If 3 was entered, for example, then a 3 by 3 square of pixels is considered.

From this set of pixels the colors are evaluated and the colors averaged into one pixel, thus resizing by average color.

If, however, there is a background pixel in the pixels being evaluated, then first count the number of background pixels, if they are greater then the non-background pixels then don't average, resize to one blue pixel. If the color pixels outweigh blue, then average their color and the new, resized pixel is that average color.

Now, the reason that the image dimensions must be divisable by the resize factor is that you won't end up with something like a 3x2 set of pixels to screw the algorithm.

The reason the resize factor is odd is for the background stuff mentioned above, so that you can never end up with an equal number of background pixels and color pixels.

I've attached an image to illustrate.

Note that you can only resize down.

Believe it or not, if you implement this the AA problem is entirely solved.

demo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  44.85 KB
 Viewed:  27227 Time(s)

demo.jpg

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"A picture is worth a thousand words"

Note: BG is not always blue Wink

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

note: im not making it, i have old source code, banshee has the latest.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I still have to do some fixes in the latest to give it back to you, Stu. The latest version here runs considerably faster because I am working hard to improve the coding.

- It imports faster
- Paints faster
- Zoom faster (from 1 to 32, isntead of just 8 -- suggestion from SMIFFGIG)
- load shadows greatly faster
- etc...

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No hurry

Faster import would be very nice indeed

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about a option to turn a color transparent for cut and paste, the old reliable replace color option, and batch conversion of file types into shps?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

for a more enhanced copy n paste the system it uses would have to b compleatly(well nearly) re made. Currrently the select system is basic. its not 100% great.

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yea I saw that when I had to open two paint windows(one to do the editing another to past into). Oh well... What about the other two?

momoX-
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

what about a recolor function ; e.g. select one color (to be replaced) and a second to be placed instead of the first ? and a function which darkens the whole image would be cool ... Smile

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

colour replacement tool already works... now, darken the whole picture or darken all frames? It's dangerous, but I may give it a try...

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes i would find that last thing quite helpful, Banshee

BTW on version 2.0, when i open an extracted PULSEFX2.shp from TS conquer.mix, the last frames are messed up. Please test it and look what's the problem. Could be a problem with large files..

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Oh well... What about the other two?"

Repalce colour works, its a clone of VXLSE, it applys to 1 or all frames. Maybe you need to elaberate on that one?

Batch conversion could b made, technicaly it wouldn't b that hard. (tho i can't work on BS SHP Editor the now..... need latest source)

"a function which darkens the whole image would be cool ... "

Currently there is a darken/lighten tool....... a darken/lighten tool for the whole image and all frames would b simple to make.

"BTW on version 2.0, when i open an extracted PULSEFX2.shp from TS conquer.mix, the last frames are messed up. Please test it and look what's the problem. Could be a problem with large files.."

The program can handle files of 100mb's (not tested but a fact anyway). Ill look into it tho.

EDIT: it isn't the file size for sute it only has 21 frames, units have over 100 so its a small file. it is if im correct the decoding of compression 3, tho it is a translation of XCC's

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If batch conversion isnt hard han you make it do things at the same time such as resise and palotconversion?

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

currently i can't do a thing, banshee has the latest source, i have a very old version, still waiting on the new source...........

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the delay, Stu. I am having an excessive ammount of homework for university + I am starting to have some fun with 3ds max (it became so much easier and I still can't understand why). I will try to finish the current details at the weekend and give it back to you..

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I am having an excessive ammount of homework for university

Well Im glad im not the only one being over loaded from school lol.

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well back to topic, honestly i've not yet downloaded the program yet coz i dont really do SHPs but do you think you guys would be able to implement a Duplicate Frame option? (if not already done so)

It might be handy say if you wanna make the SMOKEY anim longer or something.. Smile

You get what I meant? i might download this program when i need it one day (which i'm sure i will) #Tongue

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

meselfs
Grenadier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awrethien wrote:
Banshee wrote:
I am having an excessive ammount of homework for university

Well Im glad im not the only one being over loaded from school lol.

that makes 3 of us

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FireStorm wrote:
well back to topic, honestly i've not yet downloaded the program yet coz i dont really do SHPs but do you think you guys would be able to implement a Duplicate Frame option? (if not already done so)

It might be handy say if you wanna make the SMOKEY anim longer or something.. Smile

You get what I meant? i might download this program when i need it one day (which i'm sure i will) #Tongue

Cant you just edit the speed setting in tha art ini? Confused

FireStorm
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

huh? what has speed settings got to do with editing SHP?? i wasnt refering to the rate of the anim being played...

well i wont even bother explaining... #Tongue

http://www.tiberiumsun.com/tsr/

Damn...Tutorials Links Doesnt Works Anymore

awrethien
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh sorry I miss understood. I thought you ment making it play longer... I should think more befor I post....

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: im curently making a batch tool (mainly note to banshee)

Screenshot below of current layout(it doesn't do a thing yet except look pritty Wink)

sb_batch_tool.gif
 Description:
Crap quality pic blamed on ms paint
 Filesize:  78.52 KB
 Viewed:  27114 Time(s)

sb_batch_tool.gif

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thanks a lot, Stu... keep up the good job... I will return to help you when the excessive ammount of tests/homework calm down.... which should be by... february 20th.

stucuk
Geek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

To make the batch conversion simpler, im gona move the mass and single image-> SHP things in the import form to there own bit in the SHP_ENGINE.

The way it will work is as follows:

Images -> SHP:

First image's process
Import Form Appears, With filename filled in, allowing you to play with the options. Once you hit ok it will then import the image and then save it as a SHP.

Any Images after the first in the batch:
Batch Convertor converts images "in the background" with no user input needed sicne it got all it needed from the first image. Only a progress bar will show that it is actualy doing soemthing.

SHP -> Image:

It will work "in the background" with no user input needed, only a progress bar to show its working.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 2 of 5 [224 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum