Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:54 am
All times are UTC + 0
FS All That Glistens (2-4)
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Disgrace
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject:  FS All That Glistens (2-4) Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I present my third map! Very Happy

Triggers include meteor storms, respawning life forms and some occasional air traffic. Unlike my first two maps, armed mutants don't feature.

Make sure you use your artillery wisely for this one!

0.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  67.09 KB
 Viewed:  9394 Time(s)

0.jpg

1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  957.08 KB
 Viewed:  9395 Time(s)

1.jpg

2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  921.5 KB

2.jpg

3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1003.56 KB

3.jpg

All That Glistens.mpr
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  All That Glistens.mpr
 Filesize:  306.14 KB
 Downloaded:  109 Time(s)

Last edited by Disgrace on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:40 pm; edited 7 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

outgoing from the screenshots this is a really beautiful detailed map.
But are you sure all the tiberium patches work? You placed them very close to the cliffs and TS is known to have impassable cells on some cliffs, which could break pathfinding when you place tiberium on them. Especially on the bottom of cliffs facing north, it's quite dangerous to place tiberium.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice improvement over last map in size/shape, symmetry and 2nd level cliffs.
Lower height of base location also helps in game finishes.

Would have liked less trees around the base and one or two veinholes and
probably a localized patch of tiberium for a quick buildup.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
outgoing from the screenshots this is a really beautiful detailed map.
But are you sure all the tiberium patches work? You placed them very close to the cliffs and TS is known to have impassable cells on some cliffs, which could break pathfinding when you place tiberium on them. Especially on the bottom of cliffs facing north, it's quite dangerous to place tiberium.

If you place any other tiles than clear on those tiles they become passable. At least, I know it works if you use big rough or road tiles. I'm not sure about sand, rough and grass LATs.

Ixith
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
If you place any other tiles than clear on those tiles they become passable. At least, I know it works if you use big rough or road tiles. I'm not sure about sand, rough and grass LATs.

This is true even for sand, rough, and grass. However, do be careful because if it's passable....the AI can and will build their base in it if it's within their base building range. So in other words...only do it in areas that need the extra cells for pathfinding and are far enough away from bases so the AI won't build into the backsides of cliffs. (makes it hard to find their last building sometimes when it's completely covered by a cliff and the AI is a color that blends in with the radar map. If it's near the edge then you'll usually see a bit of the structure though sticking through the cliff...)

The map itself looks very well detailed like LKO said. Though I think people might not like having to blast trees to open up their build space to it's fullest potential. I'll have more comments perhaps after I take a better look at the map in finalsun

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I like the atmosphere. Looks neat.

Steam

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, it has such a gloomy and creepy atmosphere, I really like the lighting!
The map in itself is pretty and has much diversity. It doesn't look boring in the slightest, and has much eye-candy.
Just as mentioned, there may be a few too many trees at the starting location. Then again, it does give some kind of feeling, that these few patches are the only thing which avoided mutation for now Smile

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Disgrace
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Nice improvement over last map in size/shape, symmetry and 2nd level cliffs.
Lower height of base location also helps in game finishes.

Would have liked less trees around the base and one or two veinholes and
probably a localized patch of tiberium for a quick buildup.

Just for you I've uploaded a version which replaces the pyramids with veinholes. Wink I've also re-uploaded the original with some minor cosmetic changes.

It adds a new dimension to the game and routes land forces to previously unused areas of the map. I do think it rather spoils the colour scheme though, so I've kept them darkened.

There are no issues with the tiberium patches as far as I've tested! Cheers all for the feedback.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks. It goes into my map pack. I just enjoyed a game with 3 AI on hard.

Though in my personal mod, I have larger Adjacent values for buildings, I don't think the trees
in the base will have any problems for AI in the original. Just check it out.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's a nice looking map!

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Vefbl4
General

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks cool!

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah, awesome map. Really creates a retro atmosphere.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bitchin'

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Disgrace
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Updated with improved lighting and a little more tiberium around the base areas. Have fun!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon