Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:41 am
All times are UTC + 0
My plan for Ares 0.6
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 7 [311 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject:  My plan for Ares 0.6 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Time for more plans. This thread is about the features I'm considering for Ares 0.6, which should not take longer than three months to complete. I don't have big groups of features ready to be added like the cloak and tiberium branches from 0.5 (which were quite large, and tiberium alone could have been two branches).

There is a bunch of assorted features that is presumably done (several of them mentioned in the old TS features branch). These are things like the AV= tag from Firestorm to turn targeting UnitTypes on or off. This could be one new branch.

I'd also work on the Toggle Power feature, that is available in Ares as a fake super weapon with some limitations. This could be another branch.

I'd also rework some minor things here and there, like optimizations for smoke animation lookup. Also, the Firestorm Wall handling could need an overhaul. The existance of this branch is the only one that's not negotiable, though the included features are. This means, there will be some minor features I'd like to do. They will go in here.

So, what are your ideas for Ares 0.6? This thread is open for discussions about the features, and I'll start in the first week of next year. Until then, Happy New Year!

Last edited by AlexB on Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Good job AlexB! Nice plans.
AV=yes could be useful I assume, Toggle Power as fake super weapon too.

My opinions for 0.6:
-Flying Aircraft Carriers (for once)
-Civilian Enemy (tag which will make some neutral units considered as enemies, so we and AI especially wont be outrun by TS life forms)
-Doggie=yes (for fun)
Thats it. Three features. And I supported customized Tiberium Remains and Tiberium Tree spawners as someone requested already in previous threads.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Congratulations with releasing 0.5! And HNY!!

Adv Deploy branch.
-TechnoType to TechnoType deploying.
-DeployTime
-DeployDir
-DeployFacing

AircraftType fix branch
-Flying Aircraft Carriers (yeah, why not)
-Aircraft beeing able to land both Helipad and Ground (better Carry-All, TS like helicopters)
-AircraftType hovering still in air not playing HVA animation.
-Carry-All's Tote action custom animated cursor. (Currently shares same frame as medic)
-AircraftType with Passengers. (SHP vehicles always stuck on entering, Hovering ones always able enterering AircraftType ignoring SizeLimit and free space)
-AircraftType not loosing fired ammo if not moving, like if CurleyShuffle=no, Fighter=no

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Ares 0.6 Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Multi Dock for refineries. meaning having 2 docks or maybe a way to make a second dock be an upgrade that has to be built on the original refinery.

give a vehicle 3 weapons  and appear to fire from any of the 3

my example of my water craft: http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/download.php?id=48105

anti air, front gun and torpedoes. Was told in the current state of the game not possible

would love to see aircraft have a specific base, but as was talked about recently not possible

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The jumpjet problem:

A bit complex. When a jumpjet vehicle is hovering, you can de-select it then select it again. A green line should be drawn or a while, from the vechicle to where its shadow is.
That means a jumpjet vehicle is "moving to its target" even when it is hovering.
Just add some code to remove the destination when it begins hovering, would be okay.

N.B. This will fix the bug that the AI cannot handle Siege Choppers correctly, and 'fix' the bug that helicopters' scripts are broken after a move command - BUT - that 'fix' will break the trigger in Allied mission 6 since in original game the faulty scripts do exist, they simply don't work and are ignored.

Similarly jumpjet units have facing rotation issue requiring omnifire use.

Another hint about the bug that chrono infantry units used to pollute the map - they may make a ground cell impassible for vehicles:

This is the common logic:
When you order a unit to move, the engine sets the destination as that unit's destination; when the unit updates its state, it keeps moving to its destination, if any.
However a chrono infantry unit is 'placed' to the destination as soon as it is ordered to move, not until when the unit updates; and until when it does, the unit is placed again at the same place(not in all cases), which causes the game to consider there are two infantry unit in the cell, and actually there is only one. If the only one unit gets killed or moved, there is still one dummy unit left, which prevents vehicle from passing, buildings from being placed, etc.

Flying aircraft carrier, this is probably very problematic given air layer docking for reload... Closest simpler solution if docking is unachievable is free the spawned units from the host like MissileSpawn=yes to turn it to a aircraft factory but remove rest of single shot/targeting logic missilespawn=yes mandates on.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For a long time I've wanted to play with Fog of War in a YR total conversion. I believe it could make for some interesting gameplay, things such as more persistent scouting and promoting observation posts. (Please note the TC focus here)

I understand it still functions to some degree within the game, but is severely damaged. (No personal luck in getting it to work.) That said, while I have seen others interested in the same logic, I'm not sure how much use the community in general would get out of this. So, I leave it to your whim.

Holy_Master
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
Similarly jumpjet units have facing rotation issue requiring omnifire use.

i still hope this will get fix. :p

Astral
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please expand the WallTower= tag. Just because one Component Tower with upgrades make the game slower while 2 separate buildings which can build onto wall make the game faster and simpler.

And make fog of war from TS too. Smile

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Flying Aircraft Carriers & Fog of War FTW... Probably two of the hardest things to do tho #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In my opinion the thing that would be the most usefull is TechnoType to TechnoType deploy (mentioned by Gangster earlier).

There is another bug with even normal aircraft carriers, but with stealth ability (probably known already).

When a unit spawner got stealth, he reveals to attack.
Now when the spawned unit attacks, and the carrier moves and activates stealth again,
the spawned units will instantly die, and the carrier will instantly have them back in its storage.

This only happens with units that spawn stuff that must come back after attacking.

Additionally I just remembered the Gatling logic with diffrent laser colours for each stage dosen't work for buildings. It only displays the laser colour from the 1st weapon.

Last edited by Agent Z on Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:12 am; edited 1 time in total

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm ya, stealthed aircraft carriers would be usfull too, I've got several submarine carriers in D-day.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And why for do you need flying Aircraft Carriers specifically? Perhaps, a Zeppelin which launches planes?

PPM Halloween Season 2021

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- Fog of War would be a game changer.
- Add that tag to make seeing Allied stealth units in campaign possible.
- Fix ground vehicles using simple deployer NOT following DeployDir, unlike the Siege Chopper.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Infantry disguises are hardcoded to unittem.pal.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
luxycomplex
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:10 pm    Post subject: BuildTime Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i wanna buildtime for (at least) one specific building and unit/vehicle.. for solo mission.. Very Happy
in which we can determine how long (in seconds or minutes) for that specific object to be build..
unlike BuildTimeMultiplier=1.x;Individual control of build time

Specific amount of power to build this specific unit or building, when the power requirement not fulfilled, building process will paused.. or something like that..

I like Multi Dock for refineries too..

and..Charge logic from the mobile EMP from TS..

btw.. anybody has complete list of TS+FS logic/feature that already implemented in ARES? Just to avoid posting twice for same stuff over and over..

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0.6 should have a fix for the critical issue that is free infantry exploit, restored in Ares (with ClonedAt, according to GraionDilach).

Also, the blittercrash and country mismatch which are an often occurance make the game a frustrating experience for many players, which was proven when Ares was finally distributed to a wider audience with MO3.0. What's the point of adding more new features when players are annoyed with the lack of stability?

Further fixes to cloak logic: cloaking aircraft carrier-like units is bugged. When a unit with sensors dies, the sensors remain at the position forever.

Quote:
- Fix ground vehicles using simple deployer NOT following DeployDir, unlike the Siege Chopper.

If a change is done, then this should be optional. I like my Colossus deploying in the direction it was last set to.

As for the new features, I agree on the Fog of War, it would be a game changer. Shroud as it is, is an outdated mechanic. A combination of both is the best idea, but could also be customizable.

Fuilly working jumpjet aircraft carriers also gets my support.

Toggle-power could receive a hotkey option (if one isn't there already) + a button to the bottombar.

This kind of functionality for the mission loading screen would be welcome.

Last edited by Speeder on Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What I want for Ares 0.6 is something like
-Cloakable Aircraft (doesn't require to be elite or veteran)
-Base Expansion logic (don't need con yards to do that
-Infantry doesn't die from Chronosphere and Iron Curtain

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109 wrote:

This is already possible, setting SW.AffectsTarget=units, buildings on IronCurtain (or use a GenericWarhead SW with IC duration) and Chronosphere.KillOrganic=no on the Chronosphere.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Not truly a request for this version, maybe a future version, even though everyone wants flying aircraft carriers; I would like spawner logic to be possible to use non-flying Infantry and Vehicles (maybe even the Big Four), at the same time fulfilling the request for the expanded slave logic essentially.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109 wrote:
What I want for Ares 0.6 is something like
-Cloakable Aircraft (doesn't require to be elite or veteran)
-Base Expansion logic (don't need con yards to do that

Isn't Base Expansion available already?

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis: you mean like for example, let us Prism Tank as a unit for base expanding and once deployed you can build bases to it.

Graion: Ohh I didn't knew about that.
Question: Can Mutation logic used by Genetic Mutators can be modified or added with or without Ares? I was hoping I could suggest also this.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, just a vehicle that deploys just like C&C 3. There is your base expansion.... problem solved.

Quote:

what is the purpose of this? Can I have a little more info on what this would do please?

Quote:
Aircraft beeing able to land both Helipad and Ground (better Carry-All, TS like helicopters)

Make a air plane with helicopter code..... problem solved. Personally this is a sloppy idea. Planes should have a base not land where they want. If you give the planes the ability to land on ground wouldn't that make them land on their own after an attack?

Before we look to add stuff, what is the basic stuff that is broken. I would say never mind something for a mod, but reg RA2/Yuri. Something to make the regular game play run more smoothly

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen.... those are all possible. The building PrismTank deplys to needs BaseNormal=yes, and RTFM of Ares's to customize Mutators.

=======================

drd1812
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First, congratulations on getting 0.5 released. I'm amazed this project is still going strong. I have my own modding project even if I haven't posted about it (yet) and I have bumped into a couple of issues I cannot fix myself, so here are my requests:

One-shot C4: Infantry disappears after planting C4 on building. Just like how engineers and spies disappear after infiltration. I tried to mimic this with Suicide=yes but I couldn't get it to work the way I want because the weapon fires on the suicider instead of the target building.

Allow to specify rank of paradropped units. I'd like to be able to drop veterans.

Per-side/house Money.Amount for the Paradrop superweapon. Needed because of the price difference between GIs, Initiates and Conscripts.

Allow Floating Disc drain weapon to drain power of a single power plant instead of taking down the whole power net. For balance reasons.

Able to read .wav files from inside mix files, unless that's already possible and I just messed up when I tried.

I also filed a couple of bug reports related to EMP a while ago:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/1152547
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/1152553
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/1152550 (this one is not important)

FS-21
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since Gangster proposed the same ideas I had in mind the only one left is to me is:
- "TiberiumToSpawn" tag from Firestorm used for specify what type of tiberium must be spawned by the Tib. tree (without necessity to do weird hacks to replicate the feature).

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

drd1812 wrote:
Able to read .wav files from inside mix files, unless that's already possible and I just messed up when I tried.

Only works if the file is in 22 kHz 16bit mono PCM wav (353 kbps).

=======================

drd1812
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
drd1812 wrote:

Only works if the file is in 22 kHz 16bit mono PCM wav (353 kbps).

Okay thanks.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:

Quote:

what is the purpose of this? Can I have a little more info on what this would do please?

For examples...

the Siege Chopper and its Land Counterpart. Vanilla Version can't have Muzzle flash animations since it uses an invisible Turret for its flight version to allow it to have a turret when deployed on the ground.

Or you could have a Transformer Unit (ALA RA3) like the Mecha Tengu,Striker VX,Seawing

Adding support for custom EVAs per TechnoType to simulate the CreateSound from the Generals Onward CnCs

Sir Shockwave
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another vote for Flying Aircraft Carriers.

Also, three words - Fog of War.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thumbs up for Flying Carrier and Fog Of War!  Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!

I have been waiting for one specific thing.
A new type of superweapon. Recreation of the old EM Pulse Cannon Superweapon:

Weapon that is linked to a Superweapon and it fires only when the weapon is ready and you point and click on the target.

I think that even something like the Proton Collider will be possible with this.
http://youtu.be/CoHAjIeuok8?t=17s

And one more thing (don't know if it is possible), a tag for cloaked units not to decloak when they get hitted.
I mean it is sooo stupid for a submarine like the Typhoon to appear on the surface when it gets hitted, it should stay submerged. After all that is its advantage vs all other units without scanners and sensors.

Edit.

I forgot to mention, in Red Alert 2 The Harriers could be directed to other airfields with the enter cursor. In Yuri's Revenge you can not do that anymore. I would like the see that happen again.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TogglePower..... If you mean the toggle power button - I'll use it. But it could also use some other fixes.

As for ideas, I support fog of war and also it would be good to have ThirdGateOne and Third GateTwo and also ability to make campaign buttons with a menu button in it leading to the list. Also expansion for overlay and terrain types with TiberiumToSpawn tag. may be even custom tiberiums like
Code:
[TiberiumTypes]
5=NewCrazyOre

[NewCrazyOre]
Image=5

[TiberiumImages]
5=CRAZY

That should make a new tiberium which uses OverlayTypes CRAZY01 through CRAZY20

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't plan to touch fog of war. Shroud and all that are ugly to work with.

The Toggle Power feature would just get a keyboard command (disableable, because it could break mods and the original game). The Advanced Command Bar is hardcoded at the moment, and extending that would be messy.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And what about more tiberium stuff?

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More tiberium types aren't easily possible, because the space to store its data is limited. Technical explanation: Units and houses save how much tiberium of what type they contain in a data structure of 4 floating point numbers (TS has 4 integers), one for each type. Expanding this structure would require the data behind this to be moved, which isn't possible. That's why the entire system would have to be replaced (and the actual data stored elsewhere), otherwise the data following this storage data structure is corrupted.

This is also the reason why the ACB cannot easily show a Toggle Power button. It is limited in the same way.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And how about using a sidebar button for Toggle power? Like how it was. Have it space for such extention? Even tho original GUI doent have requred button, PPM comunity does have all requred resources to create edited versions of GUI to support feature.

Augusto
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Full support to TechnoType to TechnoType deploy logic! In Npatch extended this logic was limited to vehicletypes only...

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Higher cellspread system...

Tracking spawned rockets would be good...

LH_Mouse:

1) All spawned rockets in game have a global vector, which is updated periodically. The game resets the attacking target of each of them to the cell that it is aiming at, respectively. This seems to be an obsolete logic and should be removed.
2) A spawned rocket has no weapon and will consequentially lose its target, which must be prevented. This is the most difficult thing to do since don't know when a unit will lose or change its target, either by the AI or script. The logic that the game is currently using do not require a spawned rocket to have a target. Only its destination matters.
3) Update the rocket's destination according to its attacking target, if any.
4) The original spawned rockets will turn downwards when it is close enough thus cannot attack aircraft. This can be fixed.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What is the fascination with flying ACC? o.0
I'd say what Speeder said: fix the current bugs/crashes before adding more features, which could break more logics. And perhaps some small additions (like FS-21 mentioned). Maybe make it a 0.55 as a stabilization patch or whatever you want to name it.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
And how about using a sidebar button for Toggle power? Like how it was. Have it space for such extention? Even tho original GUI doent have requred button, PPM comunity does have all requred resources to create edited versions of GUI to support feature.

That's what I have meant to request. But the ACB idea is nice even thought it's cant be asily implemented.

Gangster
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
But the ACB idea is nice even thought it's cant be asily implemented.

Maybe something useless can be recycled in ACB then? Anyone seriously using Team01, Team02, Team03 buttons?

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Weapon expansion and flexibility. Per weapon ammo and firing two weapons at the same time are what I've been waiting for the most. Probably won't make the cut but that's just my 2 cents.

Custom radiation would be awesome too.

Steam

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Gangster wrote:
Maybe something useless can be recycled in ACB then? Anyone seriously using Team01, Team02, Team03 buttons?

Team buttons? I've taken them out of my mod ages ago. I support you. If it is possible, it would be great to have a uimd.ini tag like EnableTeamButtons that defaults to yes and makes Team1, Team2 and Team3 do their thing or otherwise do something different or even be replaced by other tags.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
Weapon expansion and flexibility. Per weapon ammo and firing two weapons at the same time are what I've been waiting for the most. Probably won't make the cut but that's just my 2 cents.

Custom radiation would be awesome too.

From what I read this isn't possible. I remember seeing the ROF determines the abillty to fire the second, am I right? firing 2 weapons same time would crash the game especially if one or both have AA tags. The vehicle or unit wouldn't know which one to fire apon.

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just remembered: DirectRocker logic could use a fix, and it seems to be quite useful.

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I recently introduced the new tiberium features into my mod for testing etc with Ares 0.5 patch. When adding Silo's I was thinking about a way to make silo's better. Their uses include holding ore, and maybe basewalking? Then I had a thought, what if I could make them ore purifiers as well. Albeit make them very minor boosting ones.

The problem with that is all ore purifiers share the same Purifier bonus value from [General] section. Well Alex, was saying if anyone had any thoughts for 0.6 they should say them, and this one I thought was good. So I just jotted it down.

I'm just curious how hard it would be to add a custom purifier bonus tag for [Techno] types, rather then just having one value set in the General section.

Suggested tags.

[TechnoType]
OrePurifier=(yes no);Already exists.
PurifierBonus.Override=(Integer Value);New Tag.

This was just a thought, and if it gets any good feedback, I'll register it on tracker with a blueprint.

I think this tag would give modders a few more options to play with when it comes to resources for players and factions.

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

DarkVen9109
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was Radar Jamming added already in previous Ares? Please do insert this in 0.6

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DarkVen9109 wrote:
Was Radar Jamming added already in previous Ares? Please do insert this in 0.6

It is.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'd also suggest completing the 'new sides' features.

From what I know, you still can't have custom score screens for the new sides and there are probably few other details that would be needed to complete them.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And how about fixing active animations with ore storage. #Tongue

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And also adding multiple MovementZone's and MovementRestrictedTo's like it was metione in some topic.

And veinholes! Hurray!

And ChemMissiles and Waste Factories!

Last edited by Parasite03 on Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 1 of 7 [311 Posts] Goto page: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon