Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:05 am
All times are UTC + 0
My plan for Ares 0.6
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 7 [311 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnCnet5 support. The spawner. That would be a good thing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DerxwnaKapsyla
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I got this idea while working on adding a new unit for my mod - I was making test files for the Art and Rules entries, so I didn't have to constantly keep going into a long file to access the entries. The files were Test_Rules.ini and Test_Art.ini. Obviously, I put both ini files in the Rulesmd.ini's #Include function. I didn't remember this when I did it, but #Include only works for Rules related files, and not Art related. My suggestion is this: Expand the compatability for #Include to allow for Art.ini related files as well. It would be very useful for keeping art entries neatly organized between segments or certain areas, or as I was using it for, "Sandbox Testing".

Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

1.All new sides in Ares use the same multiplayer score screen(Yuri's).
2.[AudioVisual]ShakeScreen= doesn't work at all,but if set this to zero,it will cause an Internal Error when a TechnoType with Explosion= is destoryed.
3.A railgun weapon(with Damage= ,AmbientDamage= ,IsRailgun=true and AttachedParticleSystem= set) is supposed to cause AmbientDamage+Damage at the target point and AmbientDamage along the rail.However, if the firer and the target aren't at the same height,it will only cause Damage at the target point.
4.AI will not check the Prerequisite while building power plants(buildings in the AI.PowerPlants= list).
Hope these problems willl be solved.

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah yes, shake screen was indeed fixed with NPext previously and seeing it get fix in ARES would be nice.

AmbientDamage is known issue, it can not work with elevations where cliff or slope blocks it and thus ambientdamage will not pass thru and also fire particles have the same issue being blocked.

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lets not forget the FireSW, like the Emp SW from TS.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Josh Is 25% Larger
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why do so many people request visual additions and minor bug fixes?
Isn't new logics the most interesting features?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Most of these new features doesn't end up flawless, logics shouldn't be kept flawed for eternity.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I'd also like to request for a MinimumSizeLimit Tag. So we can have Vehicle Exclusive Transports.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Josh Is 25% Larger wrote:
Why do so many people request visual additions and minor bug fixes?
Isn't new logics the most interesting features?

You fix what is broken before you make new stuff. Visual bugs mean a lot.

I would like to see bridges fixed to be the proper scale of 4 wide, least the wooden bridge in urban to be a 4 cell if possible. Roads are suppose to be 2 full cells for 2 lane road and 4 full cells for 4 lane roads. But with the lack of coders and support for this im sure it will be a no go.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4 cell bridges being "proper scale" is very subjective & the need for them is singularly limited to you.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NvH: Just because you say "fix bridges" doesn't mean they are broken. They are not.

Generally, trying to increase priority of something by calling it a fix when it clearly is a feature request just marks it as "ignore" in my mind.

---
I have yet to make a list of all requests mentioned here, but it doesn't look like there is a consent on any big issue. I'll try to officially start work this weekend (inofficially, I changed a few things which require testing already).

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS used 3 cell bridges, RA2 used 3 cell bridges.  No other games were built on the engine, but they'd probably have used 3 cell bridges too.

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would balloon hover transports be plausible? Where a normally non-landing jumpjet vehicle lands to collect passengers. Deploy would land it long enough to offload passengers.

I'm expecting that this would require more effort then its worth, but, on the off chance it isn't...

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If it needs to deploy to land, then I assume it's not possible.

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Droke wrote:
Would balloon hover transports be plausible? Where a normally non-landing jumpjet vehicle lands to collect passengers. Deploy would land it long enough to offload passengers.

I'm expecting that this would require more effort then its worth, but, on the off chance it isn't...

The closest thing (exept Helix, Twinblade etc.) is the behavior of the Amphibious transports. When you select an infantry/vehicle and move the cursor over the transport when it is on whater it will go to the shore and then load all units. I am no coder but that is the closest thing that I can see in YR.
Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!  Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!  Rating 10 out of 10! Perfect!  Approved  
For air transports will be good! Just temporary to change movement zone till loads/unloads and then goes back to its movement zone.

Another thing (I don't know how much things I am allowed to purpose), for transports. Lets take the Soviet Flak Track: Order infantry/terror drones to enter the Flak Track and they go, but if you move the Flak Track, the units that were going to the Flak Track stop at the last location when you ordered them to enter the vehicle. It would be nice if .... I don't know... maybe get more scanning for the vehicle and if the vehicle moves they will scan for it and move to the new location of the vehicle.

To bad there is no button.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree on that transports that would only land to pick up/drop down passangers could be useful.
Like, if we have a combat helicopter, that can pick up some troops as a addition.
Now we don't want it to land every time it kills a unit, just to go back into the air when found a new target (this is actually just slow retargeting).
Also the transports right now lands whenever its not moving (exept over water) or not attacking, making them more vulnerable than we maybe want them to be.

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Last edited by tomsons26lv on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Uhhh tomsons, most mods do that already...

EDIT: removed incorrect information. Razz

Last edited by OmegaBolt on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject:  SuperGap Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

tomsons26lv, What problems has in logic SuperGap? For me, it all works fine (can be deployed only when there is a sufficient amount of energy).
For example:
Code:
[GAGAP]
GapGenerator=yes
GapRadiusInCells=10
SuperGapRadiusInCells=127
Power=-100
ExtraPower=-150

The only thing I do not like logic GapGenerator due to limitation of radius 127, details here https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ares/+spec/remove-restrictions-gapradiusincells

tomsons26lv
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Re: SuperGap Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

EDIT Nevermind, forgot about my debug include ini that disabled the gapgen so i can always see if the AI isn't glitching up  Laughing
Original post edited

Skype live:tomsons26
Don't forget to state who are you otherwise i'll ignore the invite

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Bu7loos
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

-Miss function for weapons while the unit is stationary or mobile, something like this:

Weapon.miss.state=0 ; (So 0=stationary , 1=moving ,etc...)

Weapon.Miss.CellSpread.0= Integer ; weapons projectile randomly discharged with in the limit set in this radius.

Weapon.Miss.Percentage.min.0= % integer
Weapon.Miss.Percentage.Max.0= % integer

-Gap.gen Shroud regen logic ,simply:

Gap.Generator.ShroudRegen= Integer ; time until shroud regrows of a spot with in the gap generator radius.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Enhancing spy abilities would be nice.

[BuildingType with Refinery=yes]
SpyEffect.Custom=yes
SpyEffect.ShowMoney=yes
So when you click on infiltrated refinery, you will see how much money enemy has.
Or even SpyEffect.ShowTiberium=yes to show how much is filled currently refinery or silos (if silo logic is enabled), same as we click on our own building.
Or just one of those two would be enough, but we should be able to see.

[BuildingType with positive Power=]
SpyEffect.Custom=yes
SpyEffect.ShowPower=yes
When we infiltrate this power plant, we should see how much power enemy has.

old RA1 and perhaps TS had those two abilities and would be nice here.

Also,
[SpyInfantryType]
BuildingsAllowed=[list of buildings where this spy can enter]

For example, spy can have
BuildingsAllowed=GAPILE,NAHAND,YABRCK,NAPOWR,GAPOWR,YAPOWR.... etc
And Thief can have just BuildingsAllowed=GAREFN,NAREFN,YAREFN

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

=======================

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding a sidenote there, the Dominator does the same thing but isn't mentioned in the document.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Dominator is basically just a recode of the Weather storm SW right? So it's normal for it to also have the same bug.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about panic voices for all units being heard by the player, instead of hearing just his own units.

In TS you can hear the enemy soldiers screaming for medics, but RA2 you can only hear your own Conscripts crying for their mommies, and not the enemy GIs yelling that they are pinned down.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Setting the sound to Type=LOCAL in the soundmd.ini should enable that.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really? ztype... how come no mod's done it though? I don't even think MO has done it.

It adds a touch of realism. Not only do you get to hear them die, you get to hear them cry, beg for something they think will save them...  #Mischievous

I want to go into MO's files and add that tag, but then I can't play online. Sad

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Dutchygamer wrote:
Is there something of bugs I mention that Ares doesn't fix #Tongue

I dunno. Keep trying. This is my favourite running gag in these boards. #Tongue

=======================

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:
really? ztype... how come no mod's done it though? I don't even think MO has done it.

It adds a touch of realism. Not only do you get to hear them die, you get to hear them cry, beg for something they think will save them...  #Mischievous

I want to go into MO's files and add that tag, but then I can't play online. Sad

It would, sorta, kinda be cool except every thing is going sci fi. and this topic has gone way off topic, imo

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr wrote:

Add it to your own Mod in your sound.ini add Type=local onto every Feedback Sound.

just remember that eventually they'll get cancelled out in large fights or until you hit the sound limit in the game.

Cranium
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

WOW! looks like I missed out on alot of new stuff. Cant wait to get caught up, Smile

The enemy shall be injected with toxic poison - Venom

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I guess i should post here after all. #Tongue

I agree with Apollo on finally getting jumpjets to actually stop when they stop. This would potentially fix multiple issues jumpjets have (including making them able to cloak on stop inair, so all units would be able to cloak then).

I would also like to have Cyborg Reaper missile logic ported into Ares (one thing i really miss in the RA2/YR engine), or the airborne aircraft carrier made possible.
Perhaps also make voxel turrets able to cast shadows (this, with an AE rotor animation, could allow us to make realistic helicopters that actually turn into the direction they fire at) - currently it is only possible to have this on shp turrets. I don't think there is such high demand for this one as for other features, though... (especially that this one is pretty much graphical only)

Other than that, i don't really have anything in mind (except that i'm hoping for Graion to finish bounty this time #Tongue ).

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I definitely second CnCNet5 support and Reaper splits.

RehteA
Soldier

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about more customizable projectile?
Like:
Floater from TS which make the projectile having collision detection.

Bouncy and Elasticity from TS to make bouncy ball.
By setting Elasticity=0 you can make the arcing projectile hit the ground instead of "homing" target

Airburst and Split Missile.

Fix and extend Level=yes logic to make it work outside the water.

Fix and extend Inaccurate logic to make the scatter more controlable.

More customizable homing missile course. I really hate those "climb high first" missiles. It'll be nice if we can customize missile like spawned missile.

Perhaps it's not easy to change game physics.
More customizable projectiles can make better battle performance ,which is one of the most important in C&C games IMO.

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't Reaper split FS exclusive, and was made in a different branch then RA2?

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes, it would need to be coded from scratch.

NewbieisGood
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
DarkVen9109 wrote:
Was Radar Jamming added already in previous Ares? Please do insert this in 0.6

It is.
AlexB, does u insert "GenericWarhead.Warhead=" and "GenericWarhead.Damage=" tags ?

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewbieisGood
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Some bugs:
1.In YR 1.001, a vessel repairing in a shipyard is immune to any external damage that could not be destroyed by conventional
weapons until the shipyard is destroyed or it finishes repairing.
2.A human player can order a Tanya or a Seal to blow up a building on the radar map, but the cursor is the same as the cursor on the big map.
3.AI's unit does't attack an iron-curtained unit, but a human player's unit does.
4.If a unit in a Battle Fortress is attacking an AI-controlled Tesla Coil or Prism Tower, the building will charge over and over again but never shoot out.
5.Infantries in a Battle Bunker will not be kicked out although the Bunker's strength is in red.However, we can't order infantries to enter a Battle Bunker
whose strength is in red.
6.Seals and Tanyas in the water will prone when they're under attack so they look very odd.
7.In the mission, if the battlefield control went offline when the player is using 'Follow' on a moving unit, the screen will keep moving until the unit stops moving.

NewbieisGood
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

May I try Ares 0.6 ?

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0.6 isn't even out yet. This topic is for possible suggestions on what to develop for 0.6  Confused

NewbieisGood
Soldier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh...Sorry for asking that...Very Happy

MasterHaosis
General

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

NewbieisGood, Very Happy

Ah, I always forget. I would also suggest breaking hardcode so Infantry can use mechanic warhead, and vehicles can use Organic, so we can have mechanics and Ambulances.

PPM Halloween Season 2021

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already make vehicles heal infantry & infantry repair vehicles using several methods. A dummy weapon with a negative damage attach effect anim is the simplest way tho.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 3 of 7 [311 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon