Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:15 am
All times are UTC + 0
My plan for Ares 0.6
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 7 [311 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
MRMIdAS
Energy Commando

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

They won't fall on buildings though, only next to buildings.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

yeah that makes sense MM, if they were infantry they didnt land on buildings

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FactoryOwners: AI doesn't respect FactoryOwners for buildings.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Then I'll change the nature of my comment into an opinion and not a bug report. It's a drawback to the feature, it's worth commenting on.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If the AI's house isn't listed as Owner of a building, said building won't be built. I know about the issue but I don't see it as a problem.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Regarding sensors & EVA reports, it should be noted that the report is played for any stealth sensor on the battlefield and not just buildings with SensorArray.Warn=yes.

I actually haven't tried SensorArray.Warn=no yet.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SensorArray.Warn= goes on a unit, not on the Sensor Array building. It says: "Is an object of this type important enough to warn the player about?"

Or do you mean that by whatever mechanism a cloaked unit is detected, the EVA events play?

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Build Limit bug of sorts.

NAFIST and MWF are deployed and undeployed versions of Mobile War Factory (Stalin's Fist).

If you build NAFIST from Structures tab and place it on the battlefield, BL is properly applied, you can't build another one. If you undeploy it into mobile form MWF, you can see that the cameo is still darkened but you can actually click on it leading to this:

Both versions have BuildLimit=1 on them.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sounds a bit like this: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ares/+bug/1119454

I'll only fix bugs now that 0.6 introduced and that aren't known limitations like the move sounds on flying aircraft carrier spawns. So this will have to wait.

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Should be noted that FactoryOwners doesn't account for ConYard (and buildings in general) deploying and undeploying, meaning that if you redeploy a Conyard you captured from another player, all technology you received is lost.

I'd assume Tiberian Sun covered this for redeploying MCVs.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm a bit consternated that issues like that pop up shortly before the RC phase. The design was finished two years ago, except for a renamed tag and a changed default value. Graion called it complete in September last year, safe for some cleanup. The first binary was available for testing in June 2012, the most recent one in January 2014. The plan to include this feature is not new, and that it would finally hit 0.6 has been announced here a week ago, by Graion quoting a post of himself from over a month ago.

-----

I wanted to upload the RC for the weekend already, but manual wasn't finished, also: lots of issues still unconfirmed.

* Does Drain.Amount= work?
* Does a seal still appear to lie on top of the water when shot at?
* Do Battle Fortresses filled with GIs still jam Prism Towers and Tesla Coils when attacking them?
* Can anybody just damage an uncaptured oil derrick into yellow health and confirm that the animations don't start to play?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I also like the fact that Speed actually played the binary back in 2012 and only now goes with all this.

This bug is actually an oversight of mine tho, true that, the transfer hooks didn't got updated.

But really people, I finished the feature for a while now. Yay telling everything after I totally have no time.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's an oversight you knew about because I mentioned the deploying/undeploying thing ages ago. Now I'm only doing it again because FO is about to hit 0.6.

Besides, implementation which allows Russian player to get Latin Confederation tanks by capturing a Latin Confederation owned Allied War Factory and then building your own Soviet War Factory is not what was requested.

Speeder wrote:
"The Russians would have to capture a NAWEAP owned by Confederation to aquire BTNK."

So there, three issues with FO right now, and don't blame this all on me because it's something that you have missed too.

When complaints were risen that MO beta testers were testing AttachEffect ahead of its release schedule, I stopped providing alternate branches to the testers. FO branch was only included recently.

AlexB wrote:
Does a seal still appear to lie on top of the water when shot at?

I don't see it.

AlexB wrote:
Can anybody just damage an uncaptured oil derrick into yellow health and confirm that the animations don't start to play?

They don't.

AlexB wrote:
Do Battle Fortresses filled with GIs still jam Prism Towers and Tesla Coils when attacking them?

Prism Tower keeps firing at the Battle Fortress with regular intervals.

Last edited by Speeder on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One has to draw a line between internal-outside complexity at a feature. Making superexact-prone-to-mess-up-on-it's-own logics is not an aim of mine. FactoryOwners is already complex as it is and I feel it more laggy then it should be with all the loops actually involved.

Or what else do you suggest, should I check for exactly the prereq buildings there, and disable the Catastrophe if there's no Confed-built Confed BLab or Soviet WarFacto?

I'm not gonna go to be a pawn like I did at AttachEffect.AnimResetOnReapply, which ultimately made no point, except if having the worst name for a tag actually is a point.

There is one issue... tho I don't remember if it was mentioned to me back then.

=======================

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What do I need a Confed-built Confed BLab for? It's not even a shared structure. The request said 'Russian-owned NAWEAP' and the feature is about factories.

Now you have a situation in which you can steal units from a side that might never see those units itself.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I make a unit with a requirement of GAWEAP,NAWEAP with FactoryOwners=GuessMe.

Which is the factory which actually produces that unit? Should I check BuiltAt?

You're still complainaing, not mentioning an alternative.

=======================

Speeder
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Still complaining? I reported issues with the logic & its implementation compared to the original request. It is also not about which factory builds the unit, but which are required to be able to build it.

FactoryOwners=GuessMe and Prerequisite=NAWEAP,NATECH makes a need for GuessMe-owned NAWEAP. That was the original request.

FactoryOwners=GuessMe and Prerequisite=NAWEAP,GAWEAP might as well make a need for both factories of the appropriate type to be GuessMe-owned. It's not a part of my request and noone else voiced their opinion on this feature or a need for further expansion. This feature request was tailored by me for my requirements.

In case someone wanted, for some reason, to have a complicated situation with Prerequisite=NAWEAP,GAWEAP in which only NAWEAP would be required to be Owned by a proper Factory Owner, I guess the entire thing would need its unique Prerequisite list, like FactoryOwner.Prerequisite but I'm pretty sure that at least neither of us wants that.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

GAAIRC and GAWEAP actually is a perfect example of such like that.

Either way, I don't plan to touch the core of FactoryOwners. And even if I would I have no time to actually touch it.

=======================

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:

* Does Drain.Amount= work?
* Does a seal still appear to lie on top of the water when shot at?
* Do Battle Fortresses filled with GIs still jam Prism Towers and Tesla Coils when attacking them?
* Can anybody just damage an uncaptured oil derrick into yellow health and confirm that the animations don't start to play?

Drain.Amount= not tested
SEAL does not lie on top of the water when shot at.
Battle Fortresses filled with GIs does not jam Prism Towers and Tesla Coils when attacking them.
I damaged an uncaptured oil derrick into yellow health and I am confirming that the animation don't start to play.

That is from me.  Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

A new v06 binary is up, which fixes a few things like reveal-on-fire not working, a wrong button text being used on the campaign list menu and a crash when closing the game. No new features were added, though.

This binary will be the RC1, which I plan to finish later today.

Until then, I challenge you to make a better screenshot than mine at the end of this post.

edit the day after: Plans changed. I noticed there was no activity in the last few days, and I don't want to be the one working while everyone else took the week off.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Things that I personally wish for
{Inaccurate=yes} Needs to be fixed, and any weapon should be able to have it (yes, even homing ones.)
{also, the ability to set units to custom tabs (i.e. infantry tab, defenses, vehicles.)} Probable something like {Tab=(1,2,3 or 4)} this would fix all the complaints about how voxels are so much easier than shps.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also, a quick request, (probably insanely hard to program though.)
Would it be possible for this to happen:
Either a superweapon that would spawn custom crates with custom crate goodies,
or custom crates. Would either of them work?

EricAnimeFreak
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

gistop wrote:
Also, a quick request, (probably insanely hard to program though.)
Would it be possible for this to happen:
Either a superweapon that would spawn custom crates with custom crate goodies,
or custom crates. Would either of them work?

That's already possible with attach animation and delivery SW............

Preplaced Neutral buildings.
Additional new features.

Enjoy Everyone!

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There are  three things that would be really great in ares IMO...

- fog of war to be fixed.
- ares #include for art.ini.
- advanced rubble logic expantion (like in glukv48's thread)

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

- fix dropship loadout
This should not be that hard because I supppose you have already investigated how it works.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've been playing with 14.83.1107 since you put it up and haven't seen any issues, or should I say unexpected issues with YR. It doesn't crash on quitting now.

Parasite03 wrote:
- fix dropship loadout
This should not be that hard because I supppose you have already investigated how it works.
Maybe test what is done already considering this is the 0.6 topic and AlexB has posted up an RC?

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Double post time! (10 days don't count as echo, do they?)

From now on, the test builds can be found in the usual place, the Unstable Builds page powered by Renegade (big thanks again!).

------------
Changes and additions:

CellSpread affecting buildings larger than 1x1 multiple times
[Warhead]CellSpread.MaxAffect= (integer, defaults to -1 (infinite))
The positive number of times an object can be affected at most when hit by a warhead using CellSpread. Buildings can take multiple hits, potentially one for each cell of their foundation. Set this to 1 to make them hit not more than once. If an object is hit more often than it should be, the hits closest to the impact site are used.

Made aircraft spinning when crashing optional
[TechnoType]CrashSpin= (boolean, defaults to yes)
Whether aircraft should spin when crashing.

Rotors stop spinning in mid-air
There are two new tags to control if hva animations should advance.

[TechnoType]Animated.InAir= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether the animation should advance when this unit is above the ground. This prevents hovering units from stop playing their animation.

[TechnoType]Animated.Permanent= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether the animation should always advance, even if the unit is on the ground. Implies Animated.InAir=yes.

Flying Aircraft Carriers
Spawns will be put in the air and not on the ground if the spawning unit is flying or hovering. Spawned units will move to the cell the spawner resides on, because they would lose their destination when it is in air.

For best effects, the FlightLevel of spawns should be higher than the FlightLevel of the spawning unit.

If the spawner unit is moving, it is possible that the spawns lower on the wrong cell and then gain altitude again. Maybe this can be made better, but... meh.

Draining only the affected Power Plant
[TechnoType]Drain.Local= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether this unit drains only the local power from its target building, or whether this building does not bring down the entire power of the owning player. If any of the draining unit or the building drained have this set to yes, only the local power is drained. If both have this set to no, then the victim player's entire power is drained.

If a disk has Drain.Local=yes, it will only drain the local power of any power plant.
If a building has Drain.Local=yes, then any disk will only drain the local power.

Specify drain amount for local power drain

[TechnoType]Drain.Amount= (integer, defaults to 0)
The amount of power being drained from a power plant of the victim player. Requires Drain.Local on either the draining unit or the drained building.

If positive, this is the maximum amount of power drained. If negative, this is the minimum amount of power drained. The default value is the victim buildings Power=, then the drainer's Drain.Amount is applied, and finally the drained building's Drain.Amount.

For example: draining a Power Plant with Power=500 and Drain.Amount=0 using a Floating Disk. With Drain.Amount=-1000 on the disk, it will drain 1000, with Drain.Amount=0 it will drain the 500 the building produces, and with Drain.Amount=200 on the disk it will drain 200.

If the building would have Drain.Amount=-600, it would never drain less than 600. If the building had Drain.Amount=800, it would never drain more than 800.

Allow Tech and Occupiable Structures to be returned
Only buildings that initially belonged to a MultiplayPassive house are eligible for this behavior. In single player mode these settings are ignored.

[General]ReturnStructures= (boolean, defaults to no)
Whether structures will be returned to the civilian side when a player is defeated or gives up.

[BuildingType]Returnable= (boolean, defaults to [General]ReturnStructures)
Whether this building type will be returned to the civilian side when the owning player is defeated or gives up.

-----

And finally: see a screenshot of CellSpread=12 in action. Wink

The part where the drain weapon affects only 1 power plant, this means  if your base needs 10 power and you have 15 a drain weapon attacks 1 it won't shut down the base? If this is correct.... then it could be bad or good. Is there the ability to have it a single shut down or a multi?

An idea just came to me, a way to drain power, store it and use it... like a siphon truck comes in, steals power, heads back to base where it can enter a grinder and the player would get it

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson: Have a look at Drain.Amount. You can specify how much power is drained, and you can drain more (or less) than the one power plant produces. Like a fixed amount of 1000. You can also set this on a building, so Tech Power Plants outside of the base don't automatically become a weak spot if drainable.

The power stealing is just weird. Lets say there is a battery truck that can steal power and drive it into the grinder. How would the player get it? A split-second peak? A minute long effect? This would be hard to use because of the micro management involved, and just for this? I played with the idea Battery SW some time ago which was planned for TS. Seems like a nice little feature, but it's applicable in only few cases.

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

OmegaBolt wrote:
I've been playing with 14.83.1107 since you put it up and haven't seen any issues, or should I say unexpected issues with YR. It doesn't crash on quitting now.

Parasite03 wrote:
- fix dropship loadout
Maybe test what is done already considering this is the 0.6 topic and AlexB has posted up an RC?

I didn't say anything about 0.6, I just said that this would be nice to have at all.c
P.S. The screen is useless even with Ares; It makes the cursor appear and fixes the font but the dropship trigger doesn't work, the cameo boundary is too big and the colors are unchangable and these green colors do not suit RA2 in any way.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
I didn't say anything about 0.6

Exactly.

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ares has to recreate stuff RP had unless there are things that can replace it IMO.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this isn't a feature request topic anymore.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dodgevipergts wrote:

For me, it works correctly.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does #include work with map files?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
Nikademis Von Hisson: Have a look at Drain.Amount. You can specify how much power is drained, and you can drain more (or less) than the one power plant produces. Like a fixed amount of 1000. You can also set this on a building, so Tech Power Plants outside of the base don't automatically become a weak spot if drainable.

The power stealing is just weird. Lets say there is a battery truck that can steal power and drive it into the grinder. How would the player get it? A split-second peak? A minute long effect? This would be hard to use because of the micro management involved, and just for this? I played with the idea Battery SW some time ago which was planned for TS. Seems like a nice little feature, but it's applicable in only few cases.

I am not sure for the reason, I had a conversation the not too long ago with some one and I vaguely remember something along the lines of stealing power, but not sure of the exact application for the steal of power.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Does #include work with map files?

On the maps it also works

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thus it works for any INI file?

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I believe that, yes.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Is there anything to say about the stability of Ares 0.6?
Also: I'm a bit sad that nobody accepted the challenge and posted a screenshot yet. Maybe the task was too difficult. Maybe I should have made it a competition with a price to win... but I'd win anyhow, so that would have been too egoistic. Wink

Regarding INIs: Why should Ares make a difference between files? That would have been more work to code, and the only result would have been less functionality.

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Glukv48 wrote:
dodgevipergts wrote:

For me, it works correctly.
really? I read somewhere it didn't so never bothered trying. I'll try it out at some point now, cheers.

I hope the other two requests get considered at some point though.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have one more request: This thread is about 0.6 and its features. Requests go into the bluepints section at LaunchPad, not here. Talk about previous features do not belong here, either.

Glukv48: I know about the issues, but the first is not related to 0.6 and the second is more an expansion. I don't intend to change a graphical issue only days before release.

dodgevipergts
Chem Warrior

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many others have been requesting so i just joined in to.

Also you asked for suggestions at the start of the thread.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was last year... Wink

Glukv48
Cyborg Firebomber

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Advanced rubble logic expantion will not be in 0.6, I hope that it will be in 0.7. But decides Alex. There are few errors that I can not fix.

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

AlexB wrote:
I'm a bit sad that nobody accepted the challenge and posted a screenshot yet.

I wanted to save it for a future news post but... USS Macon launching F9C Sparrowhawk fighters.

PS: I noticed that in 14.58.990 SW.ShowCameo=no wasn't working but it seems to be fixed in 14.81.1107?

macon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  803.38 KB
 Viewed:  7282 Time(s)

macon.jpg

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very aesthetic screenshot, thank! Surprised

You are right about ShowCameo. I replaced a function as a fix for SWs with Operator= still charging during buildup, and I didn't check whether there was some additional Ares code in there already. It was, and thus ShowCameo broke. I had hoped I fixed it before anyone noticed... Laughing

It's one of those many changes that happened behind the curtains. There are some, which prevent crashes in certain situations, but they don't appear in the Ares documentation. Two more yet unmentioned ones however will, because the fixes are remarkable.

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

One last change I'm not particularly proud of. As you can see in the screenshot below, I added a link to the Internal Error dialog for people to support the Ares project financially. I never liked the idea of collecting donations, but some people asked for this and thus I added it.

The link will take you to Paypal, where you can select the currency and enter any amount yourself. It's the same link as this. Donating however is not a requirement and you cannot "pay" for features to be implemented. And it certainly does not mean that only feature requests of the most generous modders are considered. Thank you for supporting Ares!

Ares 0.6 will come out later this week.

FatalError14.png
 Description:
New Internal Error dialog
 Filesize:  424.08 KB
 Viewed:  7078 Time(s)

FatalError14.png

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Maybe I'm cynical, but now it looks like "give us cash so we can fix the bugs!". You and I know it isn't like that, but general players who play mods may not get it #Tongue

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Page 6 of 7 [311 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon