Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:45 am
All times are UTC + 0
Grand Campaign Competition II Map Pack !!
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Unofficial community vote!
Nightmare in Silver by [tiberianfuture]
66%
 66%  [ 8 ]
Defragment by Zero18
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Beyond the Horizon by Agent Z
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject:  Grand Campaign Competition II Map Pack !!
Subject description: Three top-notch SP maps!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the map pack from the Grand Campaign Competition II. These maps have been made, and then remade based on the feedback they received, resulting in a top-notch map singleplayer map pack for your enjoyment!
Exact ratings are included with each map, though it's strongly encouraged to play the map FIRST, as the ratings may contain spoilers!

[TiberianFuture]
with "Nightmare in Silver" Tiberian Sun Firestorm map (162.5 points)

TB Rating:75
=Overall Gameplay: 21/30
       =Triggers and Effects: 24/25
       =Originality: 20/25
       =Overall eye Candy: 12/20
       =Bugs/Exploits: -10/15.

RP Rating:87.5
Overall Gameplay: 25/30 points
Triggers and Effects: 25/25 points
Originality: 20/25 points
Overall eye Candy:   17.5/20 points
Exploit/bugs:   0/-15 points

Assault a highly secure Cabal facility. Full of surprises, and challenges!

Zero18
with "Defragment" Tiberian Sun Firestorm map (136.5 points)

TB Rating:69
=Overall Gameplay: 20/30
=Triggers and Effects 15/25
=Originality: 16/25
=Overall eye Candy: 18/20
=Bugs/Exploits -0/15

RP Rating:67.5
Overall Gameplay: 22.5/30 points
Triggers and Effects: 15/25 points
Originality: 15/25 points
Overall eye Candy: 20/20 points
Exploit/bugs: -5/-15 points

Find a way to stop the trains! Use your time wisely, Commander.

Agent Z
with "Beyond the Horizon" Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge map (112.5 points)

TB Rating:65
=Overall Gameplay: 12/30
       =Triggers and Effects: 19/25
       =Originality: 19/25
       =Overall eye Candy: 18/20
       =Bugs/Exploits: -7/15

RP Rating:47.5
Overall Gameplay: 15/30 points
Triggers and Effects: 20/25 points
Originality: 17.5/25 point
Overall eye Candy: 15/20 points
Exploit/bugs: -15/-15 points

Stop the Allies from testing their latest tank development, using limited resources.

Honorable Mention goes to HuskerSix, who began a SP map but was unable to finish in time.

PRIZES STILL HAVE TO BE DECIDED BY THE CONTESTANTS!

[tiberianfuture] got a custom rank!

Contestants can talk about which prizes you want, if you want to come to a consensus. Just say "FINAL ANSWER" in your post or PM, and when all games are decided I'll PM you the keycode code/instructions to install.

(Origin games)
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Dead Space 3
Medal of Honor (2010)
Mirror's Edge
Sims 3 Starter Pack
Batman: Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year)

(Steam games)
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North
Natural Selection 2
Sanctum: Collection
Sanctum 2
Magicka + 2 DLC
Orcs Must Die! GOTY
Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack
Serious Sam 3: BFE
Cities in Motion 2

It's been quite a fine competition, thanks to everyone who participated and showed support!

GCC2 Map Pack 1-2014.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  GCC2 Map Pack 1-2014.zip
 Filesize:  594.63 KB
 Downloaded:  248 Time(s)

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

0warfighter0
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Very nice missions, my favorite was Nightmare in Silver.

In Nightmare in Silver there was a small mistake where reapers would keep spawning at the main base even though the war factories were destroyed.
Things like editing in the silver tiberium and laser tanks were nice touches, I loved them.

In Defragment everything went well untill I had to attack the defenses, I understand that you used to have a higher tech level? I just can't get through the defenses in time because the EMP just lasts so short.

Maybe it's just me though, I'll give it another go later.

Haven't got around to YR yet.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent, except for the choice of posting a RA2 map here in this specific forum.

You should have made one topic per map and one main topic at the PPM Discussion Zone linking the maps, posting the scores and doing the poll instead.

OrangeNero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Played TiberianFuture's map (with my mod) and must say the map is very impressive and without doubt better than any WW mission.

I liked pretty much everything about it. Getting the GHOST through the gate is well I had to cheat xD The event that killed my CV that one got me didn't expect that.

The only real downside of the mission and I think its a pretty big one is that the attack teams are very lame. Once you get to set up a base I was only attack by that one team which kept coming forever. So the entire base vs base part of the mission wasn't what it could be. Its just these 2 unfair attacks and you blasting his base. Its very satisfying blasting his base however, especially after the nerve wrecking first part of the mission.

Some more attack teams after building certain buildings would really help I think. Like when you build a helipad you get attacked big or when you build defences or facilities or a tech center and so on.

Now it could be that my mod broke the teams but its unlikely. Anyway if the AI has more attack teams than the 3 & 3 then nevermind.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Excellent, except for the choice of posting a RA2 map here in this specific forum.

You should have made one topic per map and one main topic at the PPM Discussion Zone linking the maps, posting the scores and doing the poll instead.

oops, I didn't even notice that! lol. TS Mapping forum is so second-nature to me.
I don't think there was really a cut-and-dry way to post the results & map pack, but I think this still serves the purpose well enough.
I've got RL stuff on my plate, so I'm not planning to do any more major changes or posts regarding the GCCII.
If the authors want to further update & release their maps, I'd definitely encourage them to do that on their own.

It's been a great competition, and we've got 3 terrific new maps for the community!

(BTW, they still have to pick out their prizes! lol)

The Team Black Index

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If nobody wants prizes, I'll take 'em #Tongue

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I might just do that! lol.

[tiberianfuture] if you don't pick your prizes, I'll pick em for you! #Tongue lol

The Team Black Index

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon