Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Blender templates [TD/RA & TS & RA2]
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [207 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yep. With this you don't need to post-edit canvas scale (image cropping) ever again. If you have rendered stuff with 640x480 scale, you can use the same trick to scale the canvas down with Blender. I'll upload a separate Blender file for that later...

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have noticed something when using the cycles template. If the emission of a material is set too high (Think 5 was too high), the material will render as black in the template.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Resizing canvas did't work it's still 640x480.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@Agent Z: Will check that at some point. I haven't worked with the Cycles template for a long time.

@PussyPus: Did you check the path/folder you put in the node output? Also, did you check that the correct template was selected (from the top)?

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This what exactly happened, the size never work.

2017-08-02 18-11-07-902.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.67 KB
 Viewed:  11556 Time(s)

2017-08-02 18-11-07-902.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It works now!, but the problem is the imported images gets corrupted colors, like here below, even the blue background uses the shadow color.

colorbug.png
 Description:
unittem.pal: background color (0-255) uses shadow color (1-255)
 Filesize:  5.5 KB
 Viewed:  11521 Time(s)

colorbug.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Another Question, everytime i do a rotating object for converting it to SHP, it gives me smooth starting rotation and ending rotation, witch it's the opposite of gmax's frame moving (sharp moving like all the original ra2 and yr buildings), how to make it move sharply like the other building buildups?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally got some time and interest to check Cycles, this attached image is just freshly rendered from RA2 template.

Changelist for versio 1.02 will be:
- Added sky texture which will allow more realistic renders. It'll affect specular/glossy materials much more than matte materials by making them have a tint of sky blue.
- Fixed lighting, I don't know why I put that crappy mix node to mix shadow and image. Instead of that I added a gamma node.
- Fixed shadows (frames), they wasn't good enough as they had mixed black, dark blue and graininess mixed.
- Enabled Denoiser feature which is available on the newest Blender 2.79, so in order to use this you need to update your Blender. The Denoiser provides a really nice and smooth result with 100 samples and attached image took 4.5 seconds to render. With same level of quality/smoothness without denoiser it would have taken at least 5 times longer.
- I tested Principled Shader, which looks great with above changes. I highly recommend using this as it saves a lot of time playing with materials.

template_cycles01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  109.1 KB
 Viewed:  11038 Time(s)

template_cycles01.png

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And it's released, happy modeling!

Cycles version 1.02 changes:
-Smoother AA, was quite sharp
-Improved lighting
-Added Denoiser (requires Blender versio 2.79)
-Added background texture to give more realistic touch with the materials and blue tint for glossy materials
-Fixed shadow cast on objects by removing a node that broke it and added gamma node to correct brightness/shadow ratio
-Fixed grainy shadow frames which also had dark blue colors
-Fixed lighting affecting other scenes (thanks to Blender Foundation) (requires Blender versio 2.79)

Agent Z
AA Infantry

Location: LocationNotFoundException at RealLife.Location.find() at line: -1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Excellent work, especially on the lighting! This will certainly be very useful.

Kamuix
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here is a small tower i came up with

qualtower.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  11.13 KB
 Viewed:  9968 Time(s)

qualtower.PNG

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Finally CnC Template for Blender 2.8 EEVEE render engine is work in progress. In this render the lighting is almost 1:1 with the regular template's lighting. However, this is best I can achieve with cast shadows because there's still something wrong with Blender 2.8 beta's lighting and shadows. I hope that one day the shadow quality will be better.

cnc_eevee_01_01.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  17.92 KB
 Viewed:  9826 Time(s)

cnc_eevee_01_01.png

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I encountered an error with the main template blend file (not the cycles one), when i click on 'Run Script' button on any 'Script' on any 'Scene' except for the scene 'Red Alert 2', i get an error related to 'Python Script Failure', i didn't change anything on blender since i got a new laptop in September 2018, sorry for reporting it late.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for a bug report, I'll fix it asap.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New CnC Version 2.11 released.
-Fixed run script error caused by wrongly named Switch node (thanks PussyPus for notifying me)

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Awesome work!

It has been a long time since I made my last post here.  Shocked

I'm switching at the moment from 3dsmax to blender 2.8 and for learning I also made my own shitty RA2 template in blender:

Ignore the ugly building, I made it just for testing. Wink

It works without scripts and 100% on Eevee, I only used the compositor.

Testet it with the shp editor, but it does not use the background and shadow color.

Maybe, if someone is interested, I could upload the blender file.

wftest.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  63.16 KB
 Viewed:  9583 Time(s)

wftest.JPG

untitled0000.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  939.7 KB
 Viewed:  9583 Time(s)

untitled0000.png

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yo ReFlex, glad to hear that you liked using my Blender template and that you've taken interest on Blender. I'm currently making templates for Blender 2.8 with 100% full Cycles and Eevee support in the same file and I'll be releasing it at some point in the near future. Come back later, to grab it. Smile

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Yo ReFlex, glad to hear that you liked using my Blender template and that you've taken interest on Blender. I'm currently making templates for Blender 2.8 with 100% full Cycles and Eevee support in the same file and I'll be releasing it at some point in the near future. Come back later, to grab it. Smile

I have not downloaded your template, just looked the pictures, I made my template 100% by myself. because I wanted to find a own way to get a result.
And yes, Blender 2.8 really nice.  Very Happy
I see no shadows on all screens, how do you make them? Alpha Channel?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In Blender Render Engine I used transparency for the blue plane and in Cycles I used a holdout shader.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use transparency for the shadow, and change it with the compositor to green. Very Happy

Is green (0,255,0) the right color for shadows, the SHP editor does not use it for the shadow?  Question

(I'm only using Eevee in Blender. )

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The only program that uses green for the shadows is XCC Mixer, when it's converting a SHP into individual frames. Everything else uses dark blue for shadows (like the game).

The actual colour doesn't mater much though, only that the colour is using a specific slot in the pal file; 2 for dark blue & 5 for green.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And how should the image look for shp import?
Is there a way to import it with the right shadow, or is there always need to give the shadow in the shp editor the right color?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can use any distinct color that you are comfortable with for background and shadows. SHP Builder/Image Shaper tools use 256-colored palettes to import the rendered images into SHP files. And custom palettes could be made in a minute or two with palette editor tool to set the background or shadow colors of your choice. Color at first index in the palette is used for backgound and at 2nd index is used for shadow. Those colors differ based on game (TS/RA2) and theater (snow/temperate) etc.

You should keep the normal frames without shadow first and then equal number of frames which contains only shadow. Then import it to make the SHP file.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok, I have changed a few things and made two outputs.
I also fixed the position of the camera.

shptest.JPG
 Description:
SHP Editor test, works perfect
 Filesize:  66.94 KB
 Viewed:  9404 Time(s)

shptest.JPG

Image0001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  422.93 KB
 Viewed:  9430 Time(s)

Image0001.png

Image0001.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  422.93 KB
 Viewed:  9430 Time(s)

Image0001.png

Last edited by ReFlex on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Grantelbart
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh, when you said that you have to "Move the model so its (top)corner is at zero-point." you meant this point, correct? I always placed the model into the middle and I was wondering, why the shadows don't look right #Tongue

blender templato.PNG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.15 KB
 Viewed:  9397 Time(s)

blender templato.PNG

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Look at the image with the grid, the cam is pointing to the middle and the building needs to be "under" the middle".
If you look my image with the weapon factory, it was to far below.

Unbenannt.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  335.66 KB
 Viewed:  9389 Time(s)

Unbenannt.JPG

Grantelbart
Medic

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks alot! Grüße aus Vorarlberg #Tongue

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Grantelbart wrote:
Thanks alot! Grüße aus Vorarlberg #Tongue

NP, und schöne Grüße aus der Steiermark. Wink

I will make a second template for tiberian sun and release both this weekend for all.
Can someone please tell me the tile size of tiberian sun? I can't find the info.  Confused

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The rectangle tile size for TS is 48x24, for RA2 is 60x30. Make a diamond/rhombus inside it.

Grantelbart
Medic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hey, could someone tell me what the "template" file is for?
I always opened the template file and then I went to file > open to open the cycles file, but today I found out that it doesn't combine the two files, but just opens the cycles file. So what's the template file for, or what am I doing wrong?

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Template file is for having the right lighting and render settings out of the box instead of manually each time setting them. You can have two approaches when you're creating assets you want to render for a C&C game:
1. You create a new blender file and model your asset. Then you will append that model to the template by opening the template, File -> Append -> .blend file -> Object -> Select all the needed objects, without camera and lights.
2. You open the template, save it as copy and then start modeling your asset. When you are done you can render it out right away.

Grantelbart
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Unfortunatelly, when I do that I get grainy rendered images again #Tongue So I either have to look at the cycles setting from the cycles file and change the replace the ones in the template file OR I just use the cycles file, since there already seems to be a good template included.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What render engine are you using to create your models? Cycles or Blender Render?

Grantelbart
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried all renderers actually. The problem is that if I open the template file it doesn't have your cycles configuration (which is what I meant before). But when I open the cycles file only everything is fine. That's why I asked what the template file is for.

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Cycles template is for Cycles render engine and CnC template is for Blender Render engine.

If you've created your model with Cycles engine, you use the Cycles template, and if you've created it with Blender Render engine, you use the CnC template. Blender Render doesn't support Cycles materials and vice versa.

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2019 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If you are using Blender 2.8, Eevee works pretty good. (seen on my images above)

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

If someone wants to try my template, here is it with the tesla coil as sample:
Blender 2.8 is required!
Just press "F12" and the rendered images are in the same folder as the blender file.

Last edited by ReFlex on Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

ReFlex
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So.... any feedback about my Blender 2.8 template?

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ReFlex wrote:
So.... any feedback about my Blender 2.8 template?

Greetings from Vienna. Smile

I've just been informed that this template is actually a thing.
I'm looking into modelling buildings for TS in Blender myself.

Interestingly, I'm only seeing DonutArnold's template for Blender Internal and Cycles. Perhabs I'm overlooking your template for Eevee.
Where can I find it?

I'd really like to try out both the Cycles and the Eevee template in Blender 2.8 when I get home from work. Smile

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi FekLeyrTarg!

My Blender 2.8 template is still work in progress. Hopefully I'll release it soon. Smile

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DonutArnold wrote:
Hi FekLeyrTarg!

My Blender 2.8 template is still work in progress. Hopefully I'll release it soon. Smile

No problem. Take all the time you need.
In the meantime, I can use the Cycles Template already provided, which works perfectly within Blender 2.8. And with the low-res settings, rendering works fast enough.
Thank you very much for your efforts. I really apprechiate your work. Smile

Thanks to the template, I've managed to render this building you're all familiar with. Smile

TD_repair_facility_buildup_shadow0007.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  72.47 KB
 Viewed:  8011 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_buildup_shadow0007.png

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

My apologies for double-posting, but I may have found an issue with the Cycles Shadows script in Blender 2.8.
Instead of having a shadow on the render, it is completely blue.
Is there some sort of incompatibility with 2.8?
I'm rendering for Tiberian Sun by the way.

As a bonus, I'd like to show you a bit of progress on my Repair Bay as a sign of my apprechiation of your template. Smile

TD_repair_facility_damage_test_5.png
 Description:
A damaged Repair Bay.
 Filesize:  28.21 KB
 Viewed:  7954 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_damage_test_5.png

TD_repair_facility_buildup_shadow_test_0000.png
 Description:
No shadows, all blue.
 Filesize:  2.02 KB
 Viewed:  7954 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_buildup_shadow_test_0000.png

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm guessing the 2.8 version broke some stuff the template depended on. What was the latest template version made for? 2.7 or 2.6 or somewhere in-between?

Regardless, this is a good find, as Donut might've either overlooked or not noticed the issue.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I can tell from the last edit (April 2019), I guess it was made for Blender 2.79.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

People were rather excited for 2.8, and the devs themselves mention "YUUUUGE" changes.

Guess someone wasn't paying attention and broke Donut's template.

I tend to release things I create so that assets are never lost to hard drive problems, accidental deletion, or me having to pretend to care about rippers taking things from my project when it is done. #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2019 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

@TAK02: Yeah, how rude of them Mad Laughing

The alpha version is working and you can render stuff out with success with either Eevee or Cycles for TD/RA1, TS and RA2. You can try it (I've left some stuff laying around because it's still alpha):

CnC_Eevee_0_01alpha1.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CnC_Eevee_0_01alpha1.zip
 Filesize:  5.05 MB
 Downloaded:  28 Time(s)

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Fantastic. Thank you very much. Smile

I think there are still a few issues to work out.
For some reason, metallic surfaces are tinted in a pink-ish color. Non-metallics don't seem to be affected. This happens in both Cycles and Eevee.

Also, it looks like some important image files are missing. Specifically:
-blood1.png
-Gravel0075_5_S.jpg.001
-hexagon_tile0002_seamless_xs.png
-MetalBare0115_1_S.jpg.001
-studio_01_08.jpg
-ConcreteBare0224_1_s_darker.jpg

My guess is that the missing studio-image might've caused this pink-ish tint as this is part of the world's shader.

Shadow-passes work well in most scenes, except two:
"Tiberian Sun" and "Red Alert 2 - Effects" In both, only a completely blue image is rendered like I've reported a few days ago. Both Cycles and Eevee are affected.

TD_repair_facility_eevee_test.png
 Description:
Pink-ish metallic surfaces.
 Filesize:  100.7 KB
 Viewed:  7798 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_eevee_test.png

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Did you run scripts instead of switching layers manually?

Kind of forgot to embed those textures. Try this:

CnC_Eevee_0_01alpha2.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  CnC_Eevee_0_01alpha2.zip
 Filesize:  5.09 MB
 Downloaded:  24 Time(s)

FekLeyrTarg
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Strange. The same textures are still missing.
I think it would be a good idea to place the image textures into a subfolder and provide them along with the Blend-file.

I did a quick test with a different environment texture. It partially fixed the issue but not completely yet. The pink places on the ring are supposed to be red. My guess is that once all image textures are in place, the issue should be going away.

It also looks like the sun has become way stronger than in the 2.79 template.
Is this intended? If yes, I can look into tweaking my materials again.

Yes, I ran the scripts in all instances.

TD_repair_facility_cycles_test.png
 Description:
The strong sun in Cycles.
 Filesize:  120.57 KB
 Viewed:  7774 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_cycles_test.png

TD_repair_facility_eevee_test_2.png
 Description:
The strong sun in Eevee.
 Filesize:  124.6 KB
 Viewed:  7774 Time(s)

TD_repair_facility_eevee_test_2.png

DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I see. If for some reason embedded textures doesn't work, try to uppack them to current directory (perhaps there's some issues reading the packed textures) and linking them again. If that doesn't work, download this .zip with all the used textures:

textures.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  textures.zip
 Filesize:  3.16 MB
 Downloaded:  40 Time(s)

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 5 [207 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon