Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:31 am
All times are UTC + 0
FireFox 29 - Autralis Interface
Moderators: Global Moderators, Offtopic Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:  FireFox 29 - Autralis Interface
Subject description: How do you like it?
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far I like it, the hamburger button is handy since I'm used to Google Chrome. The customization is made easier too. However, my opinion is from a Google Chrome user's perspective. I know that many heavy Firefox users hate it, from what I can gather from a few forums, but I don't know what's the impression at large. It's the same thing that happens with every interface change of every major product/software. You'll see almost everyone on the internet expressing hate, but in the end the designers won't budge until a couple months passed, if it still receives a lot of hate from everywhere. I don't think Firefox will revert back anyway.

Still there're a couple of issues that bother me.
For one, inactive tabs have no style. They aren't clearly visible over a dark chrome, which you can have on Windows 8. On previous Windows versions however, it looks fine. I've seen this problem reported in various forums, and the best the Firefox designers did is to put a white drop-shadow to the text. That's better, but really not by much.

The same problem appears with the toolbar icons that you can place in the header, above the URL/Search bar. The buttons' foreground color is dark grey.

I've been googling today on that very topic, to see how I can fix these little annoyances. What about you guys? Do you use this version of Firefox? With the default or custom theme? And on which platform?

Pic related, the problems illustrated.

Capture.PNG
 Description:
Annoyances illustrated.
 Filesize:  17.95 KB
 Viewed:  14244 Time(s)

Capture.PNG

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well, it's quite confusing. On this morning, my mother raided me that she launched Firefox and Chrome popped up instead... and it took me even minutes to realize that I stare at Firefox (because I checked the Incognito mask first and then looked at About...)

Also, those tabs are annoyingly bad looking on XP. Chrome hides the standard Windows UI elements and uses own, s it looks equal on all Win versions but Firefox does not, and that looks terrible on XP (and no, I won't upgrade a quite much crappy 7-yo office PC since my mom is Win-dependant and 7 is not an option for that).

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Zaaz
Disk Thrower

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm just impressed that your mother isn't using IE #Tongue
You made me curious to see what it looks like on WinXP, there's no screenshots of it if I do an image search. I'll try to check it out.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I use the Dark Carbon theme and everything looks fine here. I don't care so much for the hamburger, I'm used to the old-fashioned menu bar instead.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zaaz wrote:
I'm just impressed that your mother isn't using IE #Tongue.

The family had shared computers for a decade or more. One of her early mistakes was to chop in an ad which costed us all my primary school graduation pictures, which I honestly could move one but never kinda forget it.

That motivated her to not actually fell into every trick on ze internetz and only visit trusted sites. With quality browsers.

Tomorrow I'll do a screenshot for you if you don't see one on your own.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Chromefox. I'm not sure I really like it honestly...

Steam

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's Chromefox, but it's not bad at all. Honestly, I have nothing against it at all, but I don't think that it is so much better than the previous one either.

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

As am fan of chrome who can't use it anymore (problems with video card), i found it pretty cool looking, but meh, I didn't updated it by myself, i was using ver 13 and it got to 29 without my consent.
if it get stable on my old computer, i don't really mind it. Very Happy

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh, I find it crashes more frequently than the original

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

dunno about you guys but I'm avoiding firefox as dog shit on pedestrian walk

using Pale Moon instead
not only its lightweight, but has good old FF look and looks great with "glass" ui

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Indeed, sadly Firefox has gone downhill and now Chrome is the better browser, also the browser most people develop around (sadly).

Dutchygamer
President

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I have no problems with Firefox at all. What are your reasons to not use it?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I personally have no issues with Firefox' mew UI, although it does still have performance issues. From my experience, Firefox has suffered from memory leaks for quite a while now and although it seems less bad in this latest version, it is still there.
I have plenty of memory in my system though, but despite that Firefox still slows down after having been running for a while...

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DonutArnold
General

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Didn't like it, new "intuitive" UI my ass, so I installed a plugin that brings back the old UI.

I've noticed recently that it still suffers from memory leaks, as Bittah has mentioned, it does slow down after a while. After this newest UI update I was thinking of changing browser, I'm open for suggestions.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
I'm open for suggestions.

Safari #Tongue

Anderwin
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I love the new firefox Smile

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
Indeed, sadly Firefox has gone downhill and now Chrome is the better browser, also the browser most people develop around (sadly).

Chrome? Better? Hilarious. Chrome is absolute dogshit.

Steam

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, it allows for multiple startup pages.

FurryQueen
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So does IE. Not really a requirement or that beneficial.

Steam

blubb
General

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

<-Opera user for years.

Hydraw Art on Facebook

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FurryQueen wrote:
4StarGeneral wrote:

Chrome? Better? Hilarious. Chrome is absolute dogshit.

ALL (main) "modern" browsers are dog shit

not because of features
but because they are NOT optimized

that is why spinnoff's of their engines are made

both Webkit and Gecko have equivalents with browsers that are
more light yet support same plugins

unfortunately trident (ie) and presto (old opera) are out of game now

myself, dunno what these devs of main firefox and chrome do with their
stupid apps but by each new release they get more resource heavy for no reason

except to force user to buy better PC

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [21 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon