Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:40 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Neat/Cool/Crazy/Funny idea
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

What would be the best time for this mod?
XVIII-XIX ages
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nowdays
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Future
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

Also Known As: ZivDero

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject:  Neat/Cool/Crazy/Funny idea
Subject description: This is..... Red Farming Simulator!
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about remaking RA2 to a be farming simulator? You build a farm, then plop an actual crop thing with crops a.k.a. ore and your have to harvest it to get money and make more farms and use a map trigger to trigger win. How does that sound?

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Last edited by Parasite03 on Thu May 15, 2014 2:25 pm; edited 2 times in total

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

sounds boring

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can see it now, Farm Wars!  Crazy tractor/combine warfare with animal infantry, Cow level, we choose you!.  

Flipside, its like those mineral games, were you focus on mining rather than obliterating your opponent. Would be neat to have wandering ore/tiberium patches #Tongue

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Why am I not surprised who posted this...

In any case, if you want such 'gameplay' there are more than enough of them around and such here would just be dumbing down the game just like EA did C&C4.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

There is a good farming simulator out already. It's called as SimFarm. Oh, the memories...

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Isn't this idea done..... I believe its called Farnville and to that i say

farm.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  84.29 KB
 Viewed:  3640 Time(s)

farm.png

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ApolloTD wrote:
In any case, if you want such 'gameplay' there are more than enough of them around and such here would just be dumbing down the game just like EA did C&C4.

I did not says I want someone to make it; I sais it would be coole. I might make it in the future. Some time.
About the wandering ore patches - sounds crazy.
BTW the point could be something but gathering money. You cold, for example, farm crops and dump them into the biorecycle center(ore refinery). Then, using war factory and barracks(with new names!) build crazy plants using the biomass and go ztype your enemy up.

What in the name of insanity is this? I FRICKING LOVE THIS LOGICCCC!!!!!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOHEEAWWWWWWWWWWWYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW PEW PEW PEW PEW BOOM BOOM BOOM!! Nice I love this!!!! Ferriswheel bomb, Dive bomb. New Logic discovered thanks to Kenosis Very Happy

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well, if you want that all you do is give each player limited cash and give them a ore tree that looks like a barn.

you say it would be cool to do with the RA2 engine.... RA2 engine was designed to be a RTS war game. not some little sissy mary game engine. If you are not going to play the game as it was intended to be played, uninstall it, throw away the disc go to the store grab some my little pony dolls, put o a dress and have a tea party with yer little dolls...............

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well the idea is not bad. I mean, even Starcraft II is a war game and it still has a xxxx custom games and some of them have nothing to do with war.

I my self will make a map that is not for killing with some nukes or turn to dust with some si-fi weapons, but instead a map where units are conscripts and attack with snow balls.  Razz

Just that one game is made for war (or anything else) does not mean that it can't be made deferent.

He was just proposing it. No need to snowball him! If you don't like it say "This sucks", "Nothing to do here" and go somewhere where you like it.

No need for:

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
If you are not going to play the game as it was intended to be played, uninstall it, throw away the disc go to the store grab some my little pony dolls, put o a dress and have a tea party with yer little dolls...............

or this:

IMOPO, offcource. Smile

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

hmmm....
time to make a tractor voxel

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

IMO..... yeah there is a need for it. Today's kids are pretty much wussies. They have things handed to them, the get metals for breathing, there is no competitive spirits. Looking at the topic I think this kid wuss.... Farmville seriously? ITS A WAR GAME not a girlie game. If you want a farm style game then look for an engine that deals with that kind of production. Command & Conquer is in a world of hurt if kids wanna change the best RTS game into farmville. I don't think the creators of ARES intended their work to used for p***y games.  J**** F***** C***** people grow some B**** and stop acting like girls

Ickus
General

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Oh wow, someone's having some serious masculinity issues here Neutral

Anyways to the OP, code it up and give a shot, there are examples of game modes like it, as mentioned, get creative with it, thats what modding is about, making things up, experimenting.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ickus wrote:
get creative with it, thats what modding is about, making things up, experimenting.

Those days are gone.
Nowadays modder only say "Ares team, give me logic XYZ" and post constant SHP/VXL/INI requests.
Just look at the currently active mod projects. Not one is done by any newbie, but all the old modders who still know how to really mod.
The community needs more SuperJoe's.

Public SHPs

Tools

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is soo silly it could actually turn into something funny, not a mod i suppose, but maybe a map or two, but the initial idea for now seems rather limited, it would be cool to have things added that at least to add some extra challenge, who knows, maybe i might try to make an map out of this. Laughing

Also, calm down guys, that's just an conspiracy to make EA create a new C&C, but with strategic advanced farm tactics... #Tongue

Droke
Scorpion Sniper

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I thought the idea sounded fairly lame, but really Nikademis? Really? Are you really that petty?

Chances are such a project, if ever actually started, would fall flat on its face. However, I gladly welcome the creativity. I miss the times of modders approaching projects from radically new angles. I admit, this is abnormally radical, but so what? Worst case scenario, he wastes time and effort while annoying people along the way. That will likely happen anyways, so let him have his fun.

Your personal taste is no reason to shoot down his idea, and certainly not in the fashion you have chosen. A project like this will do no harm to the CnC franchise, if anything diversity helps. Using the 'intentions of the creators of Ares' as a reason? Laughable at best, even if that mattered. I remember PD making custom palettes work on animations because he couldn't get the colors right on his "dropshit" SW.

If you have problems with today's kids, there are other subsections for that. Honestly, your display here has made me favor this idea far more then I did before and generated actual interest in seeing it progress.

So Parasite, hammer away! See if you can create something unique!

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can make animals so when you slaughter them, they drop ores. Also, you can make map triggers so that when 2 animals of same breed comes together in the same cell and make more babies, then you can raise them.

Maybe you can make Farm Towers that will accelerate the reproduction time using map triggers? Thus allowing you to produce a bigger flow of credits.

Just throwing in my thoughts. I think this is doable anyway, should be interesting.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
Also, you can make map triggers so that when 2 animals of same breed comes together in the same cell and make more babies, then you can raise them.

Not possible from what i know.
-there is no "get unit type" function for Event: "Entered by"
-there is no "get number of units in cell" function

Public SHPs

Tools

PillBox20
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that you mentioned breeding, if the bounty logic comes soon the cows could fire and give you money as they give you milk.  Laughing

The war miner could be turned into tractor or combine. Trucks with workers (slave miner) and gather strawberries. A map can have 4 defferent resources, right? Maybe it is worth for the fun in team game map.

Good luck, Parasite03! Hope you make it!

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtxeQoEM_iVd-F-xUIwleyQ
PillBox20's Red Alert 2 Mod: http://www.moddb.com/mods/pillbox20s-red-alert-2/downloads/pillbox20s-red-alert-2-version-02

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website YouTube User URL Skype Account
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Zero18 wrote:
Also, you can make map triggers so that when 2 animals of same breed comes together in the same cell and make more babies, then you can raise them.

Not possible from what i know.
-there is no "get unit type" function for Event: "Entered by"
-there is no "get number of units in cell" function

Maybe you can make one of the animal become hostile to other animal, so that when they attack, both become friendly to each other and new animal pops up on the next cell to them.

Pillbox20 wrote:
The war miner could be turned into tractor or combine. Trucks with workers (slave miner) and gather strawberries. A map can have 4 defferent resources, right?

TI have like 5 or 6, so it should be possible to have more than 4 different resource to gather the patches for more credits.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Zero18 wrote:
Maybe you can make one of the animal become hostile to other animal, so that when they attack, both become friendly to each other and new animal pops up on the next cell to them.

Triggers in TS and RA2 can not be dynamically linked during gameplay on any object.
They can only be linked to preplaced objects in the map editor.

Thus you can't have during runtime, check for specific unit, then attach trigger to this specific unit, and let the trigger affect the unit.

Zero18 wrote:
Pillbox20 wrote:
A map can have 4 defferent resources, right?
TI have like 5 or 6, so it should be possible to have more than 4 different resource to gather the patches for more credits.

TI has only 4. TS and RA2 support max 4 different resources.
see Image key on modenc

Public SHPs

Tools

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would be funny if animals used the visceroid logic. Combining animals!

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
If you are not going to play the game as it was intended to be played, uninstall it, throw away the disc go to the store grab some my little pony dolls, put o a dress and have a tea party with yer little dolls...............

You do know this is a modding community and that people are encouraged to not play by the rules right? I would support this kind of modding, as pushing the limits of the game engine in unintended ways is how we've been discovering new logics, etc. since day one.

If there's 1 thing no one should be saying it's what I quoted. That is the most backwards assed way of thinking that people should "play the game as intended". If we did that, there would be no TI, MO, DDay, and many other very successful mods that have been a large improvement to the community not only in gameplay, but keeping the community alive.

And if you think farming and farming simulators are somehow "girly" then you have some issues to work out, ser.

EDIT: I suppose IFV logic could work if you had genders as 1 vehicle, 1 infantry. #Tongue
or
(if Ares ever gets around to unit to unit veterancy) a breeding facility [armory] where you put in kids, come out adults.

Either way, this would certainly be a strange mod, but if done well, it might possibly be learned from.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Parasite03 wrote:
It would be funny if animals used the visceroid logic. Combining animals!

Zonkey

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

4StarGeneral wrote:
EDIT: I suppose IFV logic could work if you had genders as 1 vehicle, 1 infantry. #Tongue
or
(if Ares ever gets around to unit to unit veterancy) a breeding facility [armory] where you put in kids, come out adults.

Tihs kinda a bit pointless cuz visceroids will do. Though the breeding facility would be nice for something like you put 2 and you get 3 out.

mevitar
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Visceroid logic works only for vehicles.

Team Black
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would not play a harvest mod unless it harvested corn. For Aro.

Tiberian Odyssey mapping department. Discord
The Team Black Index

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Does it? I thought small visceroids are infantry and they combine into a vehicle...

Corn? Why not?

ExperimenterChemist
Vehicle Drone

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How about a Farming and Conquer in 18th-19th century Wild West style?

[To avoid long posts, my ideas are enclosed as a DOC file.]
EDIT: new version of the DOC file was uploaded with additional ideas.

Farming and Conquer.doc
 Description:
Newer, extended version

Download
 Filename:  Farming and Conquer.doc
 Filesize:  36.5 KB
 Downloaded:  7 Time(s)

Last edited by ExperimenterChemist on Thu May 15, 2014 10:26 am; edited 2 times in total

Parasite03
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

18th-19th century? I wish I could add a poll.
Wll, what would be nicer:
1. Old times
2. These times
3. Future
?
P.S. Thanks for the ideads, i'll read though them.
EDIT
I'd like to go away from traditional RA2 build from conyard. An Empirish style would be better IMO. You build workers that deploy int obuildings and the conyard only builds small stuff like gates, walls, farmlands etc. But it's only a matter of moving buildings from beign built from the yard to get deployed from a vehicle.
EDIT 2
Good concepts. They just need to get turned into a table with all the units, buildings, vehicles and stuff. I'll lok into that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [30 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon