Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Relevant community sites?
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Renegade
Cyborg Artillery

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 8:31 pm    Post subject:  Relevant community sites? Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Since we're in a discussive¹ mood recently, here's a question for you all:
What sites and forums relevant to RA2YR editing are left out there?

The background of my question is two-fold:

For one, I've been thinking about establishing a community search engine for a while. While Google is powerful, domain-specific and site-customized spiders are more powerful when it comes to finding very specific pieces of knowledge.
For that, I need to know what sites would potentially be worth querying.

Secondly, I'm old. When I joined the community, I first registered at RA2 Mod Makers, then DeeZire, sites like RADEN and CNCDEN were big and Revora wouldn't exist for years. If you didn't notice the pattern: Three of those five sites are dead by now². There have been half a dozen different incarnations of Editing Source in my time, and YR Arg has been dormant or alive more often than I cared to count.
Quite frankly: I have no ztyping idea what's currently available and what isn't.

What is the current state of the RA2YR editing community in terms of available/usable sites?

Feel free to categorize your responses:

• C&C/RA2YR news sites
  • Map downloads
  • Mod sites/mod downloads
  • Tutorials
  • Assets

Depending on the count and quality of answers I get, I'll edit this post to include the list of suggested sites, so this can act as a quick overview for newbies (and geezers like me).

¹ That is totally a word.
² In fact, RA2MM turned into CnC Mod Makers, which is dead, it belonged to Planet CnC, which is dead, which belongs to GameSpy, which is dead. So it's quadruple dead by now. Depressing.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Shadow Hunter
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well it goes without saying that C&C Guild and it's forums are good to know about. The forums don't seem to be quite as active as PPM sometimes, but it hosts popular mods like Mental Omega, and it has lots of public assets available.

Might as well explain the rest of my C&C bookmarks since I find them useful.

I have ModEnc bookmarked in case I need to look up a tag I don't know about. I also have Ares' website and it's documentation bookmarked, but that's not something newbies would want to jump on immediately.

The RA Archive and CnC Comm Center are useful sites when dealing with the pre-TS games.

For resources, I have these bookmarked:
YR Argentina
MadHQ's website
raminator's website
Tiberian Graveyards (has some interesting stuff, mainly I like the TS stuff)
The Editing Source (not much here but you can't really find it elsewhere)

In addition, I'd recommend listing OpenRA's site. If you want to mod a pre-TS game like Red Alert, it is far more flexible and easier to mod then the original game, period.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Darkstorm wrote:
Well it goes without saying that C&C Guild and it's forums are good to know about. The forums don't seem to be quite as active as PPM sometimes, but it hosts popular mods like Mental Omega, and it has lots of public assets available.

Might as well explain the rest of my C&C bookmarks since I find them useful.

I have ModEnc bookmarked in case I need to look up a tag I don't know about. I also have Ares' website and it's documentation bookmarked, but that's not something newbies would want to jump on immediately.

The RA Archive and CnC Comm Center are useful sites when dealing with the pre-TS games.

For resources, I have these bookmarked:
YR Argentina
MadHQ's website
raminator's website
Tiberian Graveyards (has some interesting stuff, mainly I like the TS stuff)
The Editing Source (not much here but you can't really find it elsewhere)

In addition, I'd recommend listing OpenRA's site. If you want to mod a pre-TS game like Red Alert, it is far more flexible and easier to mod then the original game, period.

wow... That seems to be just about the same as everything that's in my bookmarks... For some reason I find this amusing #Tongue

kenosis
Commander

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

shame you don't read chinese

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [6 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon