Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:44 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Japanese Artillery
Moderators: Mig Eater
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:59 pm    Post subject:  Japanese Artillery Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Part six of the Japanse update shows their artillery and close support units.

Jiro-Sha

The Jiro-Sha was a proposal to mount a Type 14 100mm cannon on the chassis of the Type 95 heavy tank turning it into a self propelled gun. Very little information has survived but its believed that the design didn't get past the initial planning.

The Jiro-Sha is available in the Pre-War time frame.

Type 1 Ho-Ni II

The Type 1 Ho-Ni II was an upgrade of the earlier Ho-Ni I, replacing the Type 90 75mm field gun with a Type 91 105mm howitzer, other then the weapon both tanks were identical. Only 52 of the Ho-Ni II were built during 1943-44, the majority of them seeing combat in Burma and the Philippines, sadly none of them have survived to this day.

The Type 1 Ho-Ni II is available in the Early-War time frame.

Type 2 Ho-I

The upgrading of the Type 97 Chi-Ha to use a high velocity Type 1 47mm cannon greatly improved its anti-tank capabilities but at the cost of a much weaker high explosive round. The Type 2 Ho-I was designed to help fill this role by mounting an Type 99 75mm cannon inside a new turret onto the chassis of the Chi-He, turning it into a close support tank. Due to material shortages it wasn't possible to put the Ho-I into mass production and only 30 were converted from existing Chi-He tanks. Like most of Japan's more advance tank designs all the of Ho-I were kept on the Japanese homeland in preparation of the expected Allied invasion.

The Type 2 Ho-I is available in the Mid/Late-War time frame.

Type 4 Ho-Ro

Designed near the end of the war when Japan was doing everything it could to hold off the American advance towards the Japanese homelands. The Type 4 Ho-Ro used old obsolete Type 38 150mm howitzers mounted on the chassis of the equally obsolete Type 97 Chi-Ha. Roughly 25 were built and took part in fighting in the Philippines and Okinawa, none have survived to this day.

The Type 4 Ho-Ro is available in the Mid/Late-War time frame.

Type 4 Ha-To

The largest self-propelled gun built by japan during the war, the Type 4 Ha-To used a huge Type 3 300mm heavy mortar mounted on the chassis of the Type 4 Chi-So armoured tractor. The prototype was finished late in 1944 and testing showed it was an effective weapon system but it was very expensive and complex to produce and with the limited resources available at the time only three more were built before the end of the war and none of them were used in combat.

The Type 4 Ha-To is available in the Post-War time frame.

Tomorrow I'll be posting the last of the Japanese ground units, yep there is still is more!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tell me... did Japan actually had that many tanks at the same time as the amount of tank types they have in D-Day at all?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll bet that a lot of them were prototypes

Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Japan has 43 ground units (atm, there is still more to make!); 7 of them are prototypes & 6 were never built and remained on paper.

That leaves 30 production vehicles, the earlier ones were built in their thousands but as the war progressed it was more and more difficult for Japanese industry to cope and so only 50-100 of some of the later tanks were made before the end of the war.

I should point out that most of the more advance tanks made later in the war were kept on the Japanese home islands to fight off the expected Allied invasion, but the war ended with the use of the atmoic bomb and they were never used in combat and thus often forgotten.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [4 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon