Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:00 pm
All times are UTC + 0
AI problem and other small questions
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject:  AI problem and other small questions Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi, sorry for making another Topic, but this is a diffrent problem than the last one.

How can I enable an AI to produce and build units and buildings when he gets a MCV as reinforcement ?
( I've attached a 5 sec map i made, I can't post my real map since it contains some modded units and buildings in it. )

Team Green, (NOD) gets 2 arty and 1 mcv as reinforcement.
He "should" deploy his mcv, ( like I did there, in the script ) and begin to build buildings. But for some reason, all he does is deploying the arty and the mcv, and nothing happens after that.

Small other question regarding FS Editor :

1.What does "go berzerk" do ? Is there a difference between that and just tell them to "Move to waypoint" and then "Attack" ?

2.There's a option to create a Trigger, then going "Action" and somwhere on the bottom on that list, there's "Nuke Strike..."
Nuke Strike dosen't really exist in TS... so that's only a RA content or will a MutilMissle fly instead of a real nuke ?

3.Is there a proper way to chain the single player campaigns ?
For example : Mission 1 Completed, begin Mission 2 .
Every time when I try to do that, it gives me the 2nd mission of GDI instead of my own campagin. Always seeing the Orca Transport to crash is not really interesting.

Thanks a lot, and sorry if my english is wierd #Tongue

gdi1m.map
 Description:
5 sec map I made, so its easier to understand what I mean.

Download
 Filename:  gdi1m.map
 Filesize:  43.65 KB
 Downloaded:  24 Time(s)

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

0. Deploying mcv won't expand the base like in skirmish. Skirmish mode uses fields like AIBuildThis
to establish the base. SP maps differs in that behavior, you pre-place the structures as base nodes
in FinalSun.

1. Berzerk is Cyborg=yes infantry shooting at anybody (friend or foe) when damaged to half of its
strength. BerzerkAllowed=yes in rules.ini works for human player but I don't think it works for
AI (script 2,0 - go berzerk)

2. Multi-missile flies with map action 95. You can open FSData.ini under FunalSun folder and
change that Nuke strike to Multi missile.

3. Under [Basic] in maps, I use OneTimeOnly=yes, SkipMapSelect=yes, SkipScore=yes and list all
missions in battle(fs).ini. For sequential campaign, use NextScenario in maps and check mapsel.ini.
Battle.ini, mission.ini or their FS counterparts are related, so check them also.

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks for reply.

The only thing I don't know now is how to pre-place the structures as base nodes, I saw them once in a Original GDI Campagin ( I think it was the mission where you had to destroy the banshees ), but it's not giving me a hint how to do it, since i can't even select them.
Is there somewhere a tutorial for that ? or is it really simple ?

Thanks
MirageFire

Q45
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Simply place the structures on the map where you want them to be built, then choose "Create node and delete building" under Base nodes and click the buildings.

Twisted Insurrection's Lead Campaign Developer

MirageFire
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Once again, thanks alot Smile Everything worked fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [5 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon