Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Dropship Bay
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:18 am    Post subject:  Dropship Bay
Subject description: I RETURN. ...again.
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Has anyone setup the proper animation sequences/coding for the GDI Dropship Bay?

Search hasn't shown me anything relevant whatsoever, so either A, "i'm doing it wrong" or B, "there aint no relevant info to be found."

I'm not asking for Dropship logic to work or anything, just getting the building working properly as a structure ingame.

"Banned" RP here

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Shouldn't be too hard to do yourself.
[DropshipbayActiveAnimation]
Start=0
End= (*)
LoopStart=0
LoopEnd= ;same as End
LoopCount=-1
Rate=300 ;usually this works good

Then the usual ActiveAnim= key on the building.

(*) frame number of last visible frame +1. (usually the frame number of the first shadow frame)
Note: SHP Builder counts from 0 like the game, while XCC Mixer counts from 1, so don't use the Mixer for checking the frame numbers (except you always subtract by 1)

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Allen
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The old code I have uses the stock GAPLUG animation. This uses the small radar dish on top and the animated red thing on the side. I did not use the gtdrop_b.shp (found in the temperat.mix and there is no gadrop_b.shp any any of the snow mixes) that goes on the bottom as I put a Drop Ship in the bay.

; Drop Ship Bay
[GADROP]
Image=GADROP
Cameo=GBAYICON
Height=1.5
Foundation=3x3
ActiveAnim=GAPLUG_A ;GADROP_A
ActiveAnimX=35
ActiveAnimY=5
ActiveAnimZAdjust=-120
ActiveAnimPowered=yes
ActiveAnimTwo=GAPLUG_C
ActiveAnimTwoZAdjust=-60
ActiveAnimTwoX=36
ActiveAnimTwoY=07
ActiveAnimTwoPowered=no
ActiveAnimTwoPoweredLight=yes
Buildup=GADROPMK
DemandLoadBuildup=true
FreeBuildup=true
NewTheater=yes

C&C in RA-1 Get it here
http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30101 100+ Single Player Missions! Now playable on CnCNet 5!

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
<snip>

Mostly a bit intimidated by the "ActiveAnimZAdjust="-type commands. I have no idea how to figure it out and I don't really have the attention span to do so. I never got into the more advanced stuff much, was more of a voxeller than anything else. ...who made countless crappy Orca remakes and little else.

"Banned" RP here

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ActiveAnimZAdjust values are pretty much only accurately found via trial and error testing. I don't like playing with them either but it needs doing.

Tyler Adams
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Was hoping someone had already figured it out so I don't have to. No sense doing the same thing over and over again, right?

This might be an idea for an expansion for the TS UMP, adding all the buildings and units in the game files properly, unbuildable but properly setup in the INI files.

"Banned" RP here

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ZAdjust is quite easy
here some hints

-every -25 you move about one height level up (like one slope in a map goes up)
e.g. 0 would be hidden behind a slope, while -25 would move it in the render layer up enough, to be even played in front of the slope that is actually higher and in front of the anim.

-look in the game how high the building is. How many cells north of the building are covered by the building itself? Then add -25 to this value.
e.g.
the spotlight tower is 1x1, covers about 2 cells north, so ZAdjust=2*-25 + -25 = -75
So for the spotlight tower ZAdjust=-75 should be enough.

The dropship bay is 3x3, but only 1 cell high. so 3x3 activeanim should work with -25 already.
However, since you reuse other activeanims which are smaller and moved on the building, you have to account that in.
e.g. a 1x1 activeanim moved via ActiveAnimX and Y to play over the southern cell of the 3x3 building, has to be moved about 2 heights upwards. Thus needs ZAdjust=-50.

Trial& error is pretty easy and fast done.
Set ZAdjust=-25. if you see it completely, fine,
if not add -25 and test again.
if -50 doesn't show the full anim, add another -25 and so on

If you reach ZAdjust=-125 and still don't see the anim, you made something wrong on the anim, and ZAdjust wont fix it for you.

Maximum value for ZAdjust in TS is +-127

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [7 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon