Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:03 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Resetting the Building Process
Moderators: Ares Support Team at PPM, Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:21 am    Post subject:  Resetting the Building Process Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I looked up in the Ares, but I didn't see what I was looking for. (I'm not sure what reserve-engineering does exactly, but I'm assuming that if the spy enter, it resets the building such as if you are half-way to finish Superweapon Structure, it resets?)

What I'm looking for is that when a spy enter Conyard, it will reset all of the enemy's current building progression, making them start it over again.

If this hasn't been implied, probably Ares Team should really add this feature. I have research technologies and being able to enter Conyard with spy to reset the whole building process is needed for the mod I'm working on.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think the only problem with this is what would happen to the money the spied Con Yard. Would the money be refunded back or would it get consumed in the process as if it was cancelled.

Orac
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's not what reverse engineering is at all.

Atomic_Noodles
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Also... infiltrating ConYards lets you see what that player is constructing though...

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It'd be such a waste of a Spy too. For one you don't know if they're building anything and if they are you don't know if they've only just started it or are about to finish. You'd also have no idea of the outcome, which is bad. Every other spy effect returns something to the player, a visible indicator of it's success.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Atomic_Noodles wrote:
Also... infiltrating ConYards lets you see what that player is constructing though...

Only if you set it as such. If you don't set SpyEffect.RevealProduction, then not.

Zero18, what you ask for is not done and it's not even related to reverse-engineering at all. Because reverse-engineering is this: http://youtu.be/PNsK3-Putz0?t=1m58s

The related SpyEffect.UndoReverseEngineer tag does ExactlyWhatItSaysOnTheTin as in: when the Spy enters the building, all reverse-engineered unit options are lost.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean reset their construction time??? I think you can't

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

He can. EMP.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

with infiltrating? can they?
i know if EMP could

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I don't consider a SpyEffect like this missing from Ares, for the exact same reasons OmegaBolt gave: You can't see what's happening, and the results may vary. The player always loses the spy. On average, the enemy loses half an object's worth in cash; if nothing is constructed, 0 credits. You don't know what it will be and you don't know whether your tactic is doing you any good at all. You don't know whether you are investing time and money to gain nothing.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about temporarily powering down the CY instead?

AlexB
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wouldn't it be easier to infiltrate a power plant and shut down the entire base?

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You could still build things though. He means shutting down the CY so no structures or defenses can be built for a time.

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

ImP_RuLz
Jumpjet Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i think what he means by "start over again" is that when a ConYard is infiltrated, the player has to start the teching up from scratch. like building power plant first, then refinery and barracks etc.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That would screw up the entire prerequisite structure if you did that though as it would have to not count currently built buildings and that's a long drawn out process that would be far from worth it.

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ImP_RuLz wrote:
i think what he means by "start over again" is that when a ConYard is infiltrated, the player has to start the teching up from scratch. like building power plant first, then refinery and barracks etc.

Definitely Not.

---

What I meant was that when the spy infiltrates the Conyard, here is a scenario how it will happen.

1. Spy enters the enemy Conyard.
2. Checks if Enemy Conyard is production is in process.
3. If their production is in process, your spy will cancel it, causing it to reset.

Suppose if your enemy is building Nuke Silo, you send in your spy and the opponent is halfway done with Nuke Silo. When your spy enters enemy Conyard, he will cancel the process of building Nuke Silo, all money can be either lost or refund.

Similar to when you decide to put on hold then cancel.

Say, you can add this feature for Ares 0.7. I definitely think it will be very cool idea to expand spy features.

Code:

SpyEffect.ResetProduction=yes

Anything that can create such as Conyard, barrack, war factory can be ideal to use this tag, thus cancelling all of their queued production when the spy infiltrates the structures with this tag.

But I also thought of another idea while typing this. How about delaying enemy production for a time period?

Code:

SpyEffect.DelayProduction=yes
SpyEffect.DelayMultipler=2
SpyEffect.DelayDuration=100

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You obviously didn't read mine or AlexB's posts regarding your request. The "delay production" has exactly the same problems.

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I just don't think its feasible myself when its very easy to make a limbo launching EMP weapon for said Spy that only works on a conyard or whatever target you want. This would create the same effect.

Nikademis Von Hisson
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

why? this is worthless idea... If a mod had this concept in game I would not play it. Can we please have some thing constructive. You are giving the AI another function to go crazy over and if you are making it for Human vs Human play only.......... Hello ever hear of a wall? It stops spies & engineers from entering a building.

'Sides, I have yet to see the spy function work flawless with any other side other then Allied.

http://www.ppmsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27714

Zero18
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nikademis Von Hisson wrote:
why? this is worthless idea... If a mod had this concept in game I would not play it. Can we please have some thing constructive. You are giving the AI another function to go crazy over and if you are making it for Human vs Human play only.......... Hello ever hear of a wall? It stops spies & engineers from entering a building.

'Sides, I have yet to see the spy function work flawless with any other side other then Allied.

And you are going to say same thing about Battle Lab being walled. Yet all spy actions are optional. You didn't have to infiltrate their battle lab to get some sort of technology. Instead you could have dropped nuke and say that your work is done.

Spying only give minor advantage over enemy sides. If I want to have spy infiltrate enemy Conyard to reset production. Yes it is intended for human vs human and thus it gives more reason for the human player to wall up Conyard or build attack dogs to secure their base.

Obviously they don't get it. My research technology is x3 the normal build time and I want spy function to reset it over so that the enemy do not have the research advantage over you.

The E.M.P function will put the production on hold I believe, but it is not what I want. I want the ability to reset enemy production.

I do not want limbo function for spy. I just want new and simple spy function with the ability to reset the production which can be also used on War Factory, Barracks, Air force HQ and the like. I'm not only talking about Conyard, I'm also talking about these as well too. Inflitrating enemy conyard can be also rewarding as well too if your enemy don't guard Conyard well. How will hard it be to imply these function for Ares?

AI don't have the "brain" to play like a real human player and therefore you can always expect AI to wall important structures. But human players? Some do and some DON'T.

AlexB wrote:
I don't consider a SpyEffect like this missing from Ares.

Well it is. You need to add SpyEffect.ResetProduction feature because atm the spy only acquires, but not resetting. Giving the spy ability to reset production will be sabotaging enemy production which adds new mix to tactics. I don't get it why most of you are resisting the this idea. I thought this was pretty cool idea to set backfire on your enemy if they don't protect their production structures.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Have you ever checked what happens when a Factory= set building gets EMPd? No?

Come back when you did. Please. It's more annoying then you could imagine. You entirely LOSE the queue if you don't have a spare one. So much that after the EMP is gone the NCO announcement is even made.

Really, that SpyEffect isn't needed due to the aforementioned limbo EMP which would have a lot better use-case and much more nicer result than creating a new tag which achieves the same just because some person can't mod.

=======================

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[ArmorTypes]
Factory=concrete

[SPY]
Primary=SpySabotage

[GACNST]
Armor=Factory

[GAWEAP]
Armor=Factory

[SpySabotage]
Damage=1
ROF=30
Range=3
CellRangefinding=yes
Projectile=DOGJUMP
Speed=30
LimboLaunch=yes ; Limbo shooter at launch (one shot or become the bullet)
FireInTransport=no;can't fire out of the BattleFortress
Warhead=SpySabotageWH

[SpySabotageWH]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
CellSpread=0.8
EMP.Duration=900
EMP.Cap=900
Versus.Factory=5%
Versus.Factory.ForceFire=yes
Versus.Factory.Retaliate=yes
Versus.Factory.PassiveAcquire=yes

Simple as that, now you have a Spy that can reset and turn off the production of the allied Conyard and Warfactory for 1 minute. As Graion said, it's VERY ANNOYING if you have it happen to you. This is why a new tag isn't needed. Ares should be only for things that are currently IMPOSSIBLE to do in my opinion.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to set ImmuneToEMP to no upon the War Factory tho. Maybe as well upon ConYard, it was a while when I last played with it.

=======================

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the duration is too long for infiltrating, maybe it should set to EMP.Duration to 1 and EMP.Cap is also 1 :3

deathreaperz
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Code:
[ArmorTypes]
factconcrete=concrete

[SPY]
Primary=SpySabotage

[GACNST]
Armor=factconcrete

[GAWEAP]
Armor=factconcrete

[SpySabotage]
Damage=1
ROF=10
Range=0.5 ;1 maybe enough
Warhead=Sabotager
Suicide=yes
FireInTransport=no;can't fire out of the BattleFortress

[Sabotager]
Verses=0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%,0%
CellSpread=0.5
EMP.Duration=1
EMP.Cap=1
Versus.factconcrete=5%
Versus.factconcrete.ForceFire=yes
Versus.factconcrete.Retaliate=yes
Versus.factconcrete.PassiveAcquire=yes

Modified 4SG's. Maybe this is enough for sabotaging. Would be better if we can add EVA sounds tbh

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, I didn't set ImmuneToEMP at all on the structure and it still worked, so maybe that's bugged?

Suicide=yes is kinda pointless on the weapon as AFAIK because he's not a Parasite=yes and straight disappears anyway.
You could make an EVA report for the spy and have a different spy for each team, probably the only way it wouldn't match would be when he gets mind controlled, but its your mod, so you should be able to find ways around that Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [26 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon