Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:38 pm
All times are UTC + 0
C&C Executable Modifier
Moderators: Community Tools Developpers
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [168 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

kinda sucks people have to have .net 3+3.5 installed for this small thing

how did we end up here ?

this place is horrible ...

smells like balls ...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Exley wrote:
kinda sucks people have to have .net 3+3.5 installed for this small thing

Feel free to rewrite it in C++ then.

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

lemme rephrase,,, "too bad"

LKO is there posibility for you to recompile it for 2.0 ?
(or none at all #Tongue) ?

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

No, the tool uses sorting functions from System.Data.Linq.
3.5 however is a very old .NET version and almost standard for any win XP and newer OS.

none at all is not possible, since i'm not writing my own Forms, buttons, listboxes and other stuff from scratch. That's what .NET is there for, not wasting time on writing your own recurring basis elements and functions.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Askeladd
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For whatever reason the CD check removal hack is not already in hacks.ini although you need it for HyperPatch. I've adapted Nyerguds' CD check removal code to ModExe because I think it's easier to have everything in one place. I take no responsibility for the hack itself.

Code:

[NOCD]
Name=TFD CD Check Remover (by Nyerguds)
Description=Removes CD check.
Link=http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/source/tfd_ts203modfix.pas.txt
Type=TS
Offset=0x000754A0
Original=81 EC 48 01 00 00 53 55 8B
Modified=33 C0 83 FF 01 75 01 40 C3
Offset=0x000756E4
Original=83 F8 FF 7E 15 3B F8 74 05 83 FF FF
Modified=3B 05 00 1A 71 00 0F 85 9F 00 00 00
Offset=0x000756F0
Original=75 0C
Modified=90 90
Offset=0x0007578F
Original=8B
Modified=3B
Offset=0x00075790
Original=4C 24 10 85 C9 7F 15 8B 4C 24 14 57 8B 01
Modified=C7 0F 85 59 FF FF FF A3 00 1A 71 00 EB 0E
Offset=0x000AB8FD
Original=05
Modified=03

OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Just as a note, even after applying the hack that removes the requirement for movmd, multimd and mapsmd the game would stop reading all music if I removed multimd.mix. I don't know why it is dependent on that file as it is just a completely empty mix in my mod, but without it the music does not function at all.

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Askeladd wrote:
For whatever reason the CD check removal hack is not already in hacks.ini although you need it for HyperPatch. I've adapted Nyerguds' CD check removal code to ModExe because I think it's easier to have everything in one place. I take no responsibility for the hack itself.

I didn't actually make that hack... it was just some NoCD thing I found online. I turned it into a small program of my own because the original did a crc check, and I wanted to use it to run the edited exes used by mods on TFD. I don't think I ever even checked what code it changed in the exe.

FunkyFr3sh
Cyborg Soldier

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nyerguds wrote:
Askeladd wrote:

I didn't actually make that hack... it was just some NoCD thing I found online. I turned it into a small program of my own because the original did a crc check, and I wanted to use it to run the edited exes used by mods on TFD. I don't think I ever even checked what code it changed in the exe.

Whats different in this "modfix" no-cd patch compared to this no-cd patch? http://nyerguds.arsaneus-design.com/cncstuff/ts203_nocd.rar

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Added the hacks necessary to allow FinalSun to read files from subdirs. Mind that it's necessary to put the palettes that FinalSun needs in finalsun.mix and to put finalsun.mix in cache.mix (if you follow the suggested filenames).

hacks.finalsun.ini
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  hacks.finalsun.ini
 Filesize:  19.04 KB
 Downloaded:  32 Time(s)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Please excuse the double post.

I found Firestorm missions apparently crash if EXPAND%02d.MIX is renamed because for some reason, it apparently checks for the existence of Expand01.mix during the mission and the game then immediately crashes if it's not found. By even simply placing a 0KB Expand01.mix in the game's directory, Firestorm missions will then stop crashing.

There already is a hack that prevents this however, called Enable TS/FS selection screen.

FS missions will no longer crash if Expand01.mix is missing when this hack is applied and since it can potentially become a critical issue for modders, it's best to make a mention of this in the hack's description and to maybe also change the name of the hack to "Disable Expand01.mix check" or something like that.

By the way, there's a good number of hacks now already and finding the one you need can take a while. It'd be nice if there was a search function or filter that allows you to just type a word and it'll then list all hacks which have that word in their name or description.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
switchblade16
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So far TS, FS, RA2, and YR have been touched?

What about FA2?  Would love to see hacks for FA2.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

While it would be great to remove all the stupid limitations that FA has in comparison to FS, it might be better to just wait till RP's new map editor is finish.

Public SHPs

Tools

G-E
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Many of the limitations can be edited out from FAdata.ini but yea it still has many quirks.

For example the original map autodetection looks for TREE32-TREE36 as I recall, among other things, and will save as .yrm regardless of my mod being .mpr only, so things like that can be fixed.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
While it would be great to remove all the stupid limitations that FA has in comparison to FS, it might be better to just wait till RP's new map editor is finish.

Sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
2 years ago that dont have any progress...

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

HG_SCIPCION wrote:
Sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad
2 years ago that dont have any progress...

This one does!  Very Happy

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS hacks.ini updated with recent AlexB's findings.

TSHacksUpdated.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TSHacksUpdated.zip
 Filesize:  10.97 KB
 Downloaded:  61 Time(s)

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

How does one go about removing a cd check for gamemd.exe?

What am I looking for?

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

MadHQ
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ah! nice!

So I did manage to get this to work... Kind of...

I have an odd side affect...

Once all modifications have been applied, loading is extremely slow...

I am trying to make a no-cd exe's for NP_SE_0022.

So what I do

1st apply Npatch
2nd load exe into ModExe
3rd apply no need to Ra2MD.exe
4th then apply all those no-cd & blow up ones

Then launch game, and it works but very slow load...

Am I doing some thing wrong? or can some one else try and see if its just not possible... I have attached the Npatch version to this post. Or I could upload the exe and if possible see whats wrong...

NP_SE_0022.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  NP_SE_0022.zip
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Downloaded:  34 Time(s)

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP wrote:

This one does!  Very Happy

aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh.... any release? Rolling Eyes   I hate Final alert.... #Mad

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Adding few more pip hacks.
Code:

Building storage pip color        (Tiberium/Waste storage)
Spacing between pips              (for units)
Maximum pips                      (Tiberium/Passengers/Ammo)
Charge pips                          
Power pips                            

Harvesters share same pip color with weeders, but for Mobile EMP I did not managed to find Charge pip color (wanted blue instead od green).
Spoiler (click here to read it):

TSHacksUpdated_02.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TSHacksUpdated_02.zip
 Filesize:  11.28 KB
 Downloaded:  36 Time(s)

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, this is very nice. thanks.
the max pips number is very useful.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sharing few cosmetic offsets for "Power", "Primary" and "Team" pips:

Code:

Fonts: (I have no idea how the font is chosen)
49 - Small font (cameo), 4A - Medium font (tooltips), 48-Large font (Options bar/Money counter)

Colors: - ID in hex
under [Colors] section, but uses ID, 00 - LightGold, 0F - White, etc.

Text Highlight: - colors from pallete (unittem probably?)
00 - transparent, 01 - purple, 0C - black, etc.

Units "Team" pip

Font
0x237D22
Color
0x237D1C
Highlight
0x237D22

Building "Power" pip

Font
0x237DE0
Color
0x237DDE
Highlight
0x237DE5

Building "Primary" pip

Font
0x237E2F
Color
0x237E2D
Highlight
0x237E34

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When creating maps, FinalSun/FA2 limits the width/height to 200. This raises it to 511.

Code:
[MapSize]
Name=Raises the map width, height limit from 200 to 511.
Description=Raises the 200 limit to 511 when creating new maps.
Type=FinalSun
Offset=0xC773F
Original=C8 00
Modified=FF 01
Offset=0xC7749
Original=C8 00
Modified=FF 01

[MapSizeFA2]
Name=Raises the map width, height limit from 200 to 511.
Description=Raises the 200 limit to 511 when creating new maps.
Type=FinalAlert2
Offset=0xD2F4F
Original=C8 00
Modified=FF 01
Offset=0xD2F59
Original=C8 00
Modified=FF 01

Boundary sizes are like 108x404, 124x352, 154x282, 174x250, 250x174, 282x154, 352x124, 404x108, 428x84, 448x64, 458x54 etc. Above that FinalSun/FA2 crashes or starts giving glitches. Watch out the bottom-left corner for glitches. As the restriction is for map creation only, once maps with these sizes are created, those can be edited without this hack. Mods that use full range values of 256 cells might have to raise it to 512.

Noticed that DTA mod already has such a map (Archipelago).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the max a TS/RA2 map supports is X+Y<=512
by allowing X and Y to be 511 in the editor would be wrong imo.

FinalSun and FinalAlert crash as soon as a map has more than ~43800 cells.
The minimap of FinalSun gets corrupt when a map has more than ~43500 cells.

Public SHPs

Tools

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun/FA2 has set a simple limit of W <= 200 and H <= 200 which doesn't allow creation of map with size like 404x108. Once a blank map is created then the hack can be undone. No need to apply the hack permanently and supply with the mods.

Your computations are correct. W + H <= 512 and W * H should be less than ~43500. With the hack, mappers can try that themselves. Example boundary sizes info etc. is for that. Felt that hack is better than giving blank maps with these custom sizes.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It could be always done by making 200x200 map and editing in text editor in order to push coordinates a bit higher. But this hack surely saves some time and especially if height level is set more than 0, because newly added tiles are always at 0 level.

Quote:
The minimap of FinalSun gets corrupt when a map has more than ~43500 cells

Is that corrupt only in FS preview or does it also save corrupted map?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

when i made big maps for DTA, i edited the new clean map with a text editor for the final size and tested the limit until FinaSun crashed. Because opening a map works even if it's above the 200x200 limit, as long as the number of cells is smaller than the above mentioned limits.

Only FinalSun's little preview window is corrupt. I think the preview that is stored inside the map is still correct, though not really sure since neither DTA nor TI use that anymore.
If someone would be able to hack the exe and completely disable the preview window and all of it's code that generates it, i wouldn't be surprised to see FinalSun being able to handle the max supported size of X+Y<=512.

I would love to finally create a super huge 256x256 map, not those medium sized 208x210 maps.

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

If someone would be able to hack the exe and completely disable the preview window and all of it's code that generates it, i wouldn't be surprised to see FinalSun being able to handle the max supported size of X+Y<=512.

Well, it is kinda sad if the whole reason for crash is only map preview, but also a lucky one, could be easier to disable the map preview instead of debugging some memory overflow.

The full possible dimensions without crash are about minimum necessary proportions for 8 players map, to provide enough space for bases and tactical use of terrain. I am currently working on 190x225 map for 8 players and it is quite challenge to make balanced terrain with such small dimensions.

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tuc0 wrote:

Well, it is kinda sad if the whole reason for crash is only map preview, but also a lucky one, could be easier to disable the map preview instead of debugging some memory overflow.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sounds good, do you can disable the map preview?
Anyway, the problem exist iin the game too Sad
Thank you for the hard job... Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad  Crying or Very sad

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
I would love to finally create a super huge 256x256 map, not those medium sized 208x210 maps.

I love how you call them "medium" even though the vast majority of maps are well below that size Very Happy

I would personally refrain from making such extremely large maps, you're poking at the limits of the game, not just the editor. I'm sure the AI pathfinding will begin to suffer, as it did for me in a map that was a "mere" 170x156: The AI could no longer efficiently find and attack the opponents on the other side of the map, instead attacking neutral objects most of the time. Not to mention possible rendering/performance issues.

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

[AutoTargetNeutral]
Name=Auto-target neutral units
Description=Players will auto-target units of houses that have MultiplayerPassive=yes (such as visceroids)
Type=TS
Offset=0x22D4B2
Original=84 C0 0F 85 06 04 00 00
Modified=90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90

Is there anyway we can apply this to YR?

4StarGeneral
General

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

geof101
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2018 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I am not using Ares sadly

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FinalSun/FinalAlert2 shows coordinates as Y / X - H on the statusbar. With the following hack, it could be switched to show as X / Y - H.

Code:
[StatusBarYXToXYFS]
Name=Statusbar coordinates to be shown as X / Y - H instead of Y / X - H
Description=Coordinates on the statusbar reversed to show X / Y instead of Y / X.
Type=FinalSun
Offset=0x52DC2
Original=8B 5C 24 38 8D 8C 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 51 53
Modified=8B 7C 24 24 8D 84 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 50 57
Offset=0x52E03
Original=8B 7C 24 24 8D 84 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 50 57
Modified=8B 5C 24 38 8D 8C 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 51 53

[StatusBarYXToXYFA2]
Name=Statusbar coordinates to be shown as X / Y - H instead of Y / X - H
Description=Coordinates on the statusbar reversed to show X / Y instead of Y / X.
Type=FinalAlert2
Offset=0x5AEFF
Original=8B 7C 24 38 8D 8C 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 51 57
Modified=8B 5C 24 30 8D 84 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 50 53
Offset=0x5AF40
Original=8B 5C 24 30 8D 84 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 50 53
Modified=8B 7C 24 38 8D 8C 24 58 04 00 00 6A 0A 51 57

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sharing small tweak: for micromanaging aircraft teams, I usually create teams with assigned numbers. But team number obstructs view of ammo/passengers pips. This tweak sets x offset from center in pixels.
Code:
[TeamNumberXOffset]
Name=Team number x offset
Description=Adjusts distance of team number from center
Type=TS
Group=Graphics
Offset=0x237D29
Original=04
Modified=??
InputText=Set number of pixels

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

cool

Is there any way to set X and Y?
e.g. getting the number to the top right corner

Can you move it to the right?
You mention that it's set from the center. Would you need negative values to reach the right side?

Public SHPs

Tools

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Is there any way to set X and Y?
e.g. getting the number to the top right corner

Y axis is probably coded elsewhere, as it slightly changes Y position if unit already has another ammo/passenger/storage pip. Changing one value would probably also affect pip position. But that could be adjusted in SHP itself to get proper position.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

Can you move it to the right?
You mention that it's set from the center. Would you need negative values to reach the right side?

Only to the left, negative value would require more research/skills, but that is beyond my capabilities.

[/code]

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That x value at 0x237D29 can have a signed byte 127 to -128. Can use negative number to push the team number to the right like FF = -1, F4 = -12.

For y when there is pips, the value at 0x237CE4 can be changed (original -5 that is 0xFFFFFFFB). To make it positive, have to change all 4 bytes like 0x00000008.

Initial y value, instruction at 0x237CCC uses an OR operation to set it to -1, so direct hex edit may not be possible but patch can be made.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Attaching the patch to position the team numbers to top-right.

TeamNumbers.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.53 KB
 Viewed:  11979 Time(s)

TeamNumbers.jpg

team_number_position.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  team_number_position.zip
 Filesize:  498 Bytes
 Downloaded:  25 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When moving the group number pip, it's worth keeping in mind it affects buildings too. The group number is offset from the leftmost cell on the building's foundation.

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice work!
I am surprised how well it fits for both vehicle and infantry selection boxes.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Number's position could be adjusted in the patch. Top-right position may not be ideal when it comes to buildings.

That unit selection box is the fixed one from here which is 1 pixel wider.

TeamBuildings.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  55.81 KB
 Viewed:  11936 Time(s)

TeamBuildings.jpg

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
Top-right position may not be ideal when it comes to buildings.

For example Power pip for buildings can be adjusted on 0x237DE1
00 01 02 as "left, middle, right"
maybe similar logic can be used for patch.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The value at 0x237DE0 is 4 bytes for the Power text where the original value is 0x00000149, those last 3 digits are processed separately. The logic for 3rd last digit checks for 1, 2 or others. The team number uses only a byte to pass 0x49. Even if the 3rd last digit is provided, it will affect both buildings and units in the same manner, so no benefit there.

What I meant was that the code is common for both building and units, so if it is changed for units, it changes for building also. Players may be used to seeing that number on the left corner for buildings. With both the X and Y being available for change, the values could be chosen to look well for both buildings and units. If players don't care much for the number on building, top-right placement for units looks just fine.

Or the patch could be enhanced further by checking whether the current techno is building or not and give 2 different sets of code. Then you can have separate number placement for buildings and units. But that is not for me, will leave it to experts.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried another location for the team numbers and included color hack also. Patch name changed to replace an existing one. Attaching.

TeamNumbers02.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.71 KB
 Viewed:  11657 Time(s)

TeamNumbers02.jpg

move_team_group_number.zip
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  move_team_group_number.zip
 Filesize:  705 Bytes
 Downloaded:  17 Time(s)

djohe
Cyborg Informer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
I added a new hack from Iran to hacks.ini:
Code:
[AutoTargetNeutral]
Name=Auto-target neutral units
Description=Players will auto-target units of houses that have MultiplayerPassive=yes (such as visceroids)
Type=TS
Offset=0x22D4B2
Original=84 C0 0F 85 06 04 00 00
Modified=90 90 90 90 90 90 90 90
Mind that this hack hasn't been tested yet, but I will do so later on (unless someone beats me to it).
Edit: I tested it and can confirm that it works.
E1 Elite wrote:
Also wanted to point out that AutoTargetNeutral (TS) can clean up civilians, cars, trains etc. also.
geof101 wrote:
[AutoTargetNeutral]
Is there anyway we can apply this to YR?
Man at some point I really need to try this together with the madness that is Visceroid breeding, mabe the AI wont suffer so much now compared to back when I did the TS tutorial for it: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=12257

Following pictures are from this post: https://ppmforums.com/viewtopic.php?p=162781&highlight=#162781      

Tuc0
Missile Trooper

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thinking about cyborg and jumpjet die animations, was jumpjet infantry supposed to fall down when destroyed? Has TS engine such logic implemented in the end or at least partialy?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The whole JJ logic is pretty half-finished and messed up. The JJ also has different firing anims for standing on ground and while flying, yet it always uses the FireFly firing anim only (why the shadow vanishes when firing while standing on ground, since flying frames have engine generated shadows and none in the SHP).
In addition it doesn't use the Hover anim when "standing" in midair but uses the ground standing frame instead.

The Cyborg logic also seems to have a missing feature of having a damage spark anim. The Cyborg commando still has it in the SHP, but neither the sequence nor the logic supports it. It might have been part of the unused BerzerkAllowed logic (too bad this is a global key and not a unit specific one).

Public SHPs

Tools

Exley
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

isn't there bug with missing frame on Jellyfish as well ?

how did we end up here ?

smells like balls ...

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 3 of 4 [168 Posts] Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, 4 Next
Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum