Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:55 am
All times are UTC + 0
Tiberian Sun Retro 1.21 patch and full version available
Moderators: SMIFFGIG
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject:  Tiberian Sun Retro 1.21 patch and full version available Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tiberian Sun Retro 1.21 has been released!
This is basically a patch to make TSR 1.2 how it was intended to be (bug free) when released, Tiberiumsun.com IS down again but you can still download the new TSR v1.21 from several places

This fixes the following:
-Fixed the Internal Errors which kept coming up (woohoo!)
-Warheads of the missile weapons have now all been fixed
-Excessive map now playable (TSR's best map made by Dad_A_Tude)
-Railgun warhead now destroys infantry
-The Nod Deployed MSA now has the animation that the GDI one has
-Disruptor turret repositioned
-Buggy turret repositioned
-Build requirements of the GDI Mobile War Factory changed so it can now be built
-Tiberium fiend no longer becomes a running flame guy on Dogma Day Afternoon map
-EMP charging EVA voice is now fixed
-Fixed the fire issue with barracks which causes it to indefinitly stay alight
-New voxel added: Recon Bike
-New map added: Crevasse

Tiberian Sun Retro 1.21 Full version is available at the following:

PPM (Primary Download area)
https://www.ppmsite.com/download/TiberianSunRetro1.21full.zip/

If ppl could help get the word around about these links it would help greatly as there will now be alot of people arriving at the TSR site and finding error 404

Anyway thanks and enjoy playing TSR as it really should be (bug free)

thanks
-SMIFFGIG

Last edited by SMIFFGIG on Mon Nov 15, 2004 5:42 pm; edited 14 times in total

The DvD
TiberiumWeb.com Webmaster

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Can you inform me on what caused the bug, smiff? (by email if you want)

Dad_A_Tude
Medic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wires crossed on the url for download from my site. Forgot to give SMIFFGIG the full info. Confused
Edit: Link up top does work now.

Last edited by Dad_A_Tude on Wed Mar 31, 2004 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I meant the Internal Error..

SeaMan
Man of the Sea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The DvD wrote:
Can you inform me on what caused the bug, smiff? (by email if you want)

Missing line on AI Ion Cannon Base Defense targeting.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes i knew that one, but there was more i think..

btw the URL on the TumSun front page (with the temp downtime message) is wrong. (it says ppm.com should be .net)

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Note: I've fixed all links.

The DvD

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Me too, on the welcome page of TumSun...

Dad_A_Tude
Medic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is amazing SMIFFGIG!
I've been thumped 4 times now by the AI. The amount of units gaurding the AI bases is unreal. I've been going up against 2 AI at a time and seems every time they like ganging up on me. You make them do that SMIFF?? Razz

The explosions are wild & sounds get 2 thumbs up. Other than that, I've been too busy keeping myself alive to check anything else out thoroughly!

Thanks for the new challange. Cool

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hmm yes it's hard to beat the AI.. but not because they are good... they just clutter up their units inside the base instead of attacking.. i really think the AI of TSR needs some heavy work: when that's done, it will be perfect.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree dvd, very much so and that AI research that is going on (and WAS at TumSun) was VERY interesting

however it is no longer a priority the AI is vastly improved over standard TS which moves it up a level in the less priority section.
Everyone likes the TSR AI

Btw thanks for the good comments tude Smile

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

"Everyone likes the TSR AI "

not me...Wink

they should do an actual ATTACK, you know.. it makes gameplay GREATLY more fun. Defending against an AI that uses smart tactics, like sub apc, killing your harvesters, using stealth stuff etc is a lot more fun than building up your army and then try to destroy the AI base + defending units.

p.s. this is constructive critisism..

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I agree, but its not currently a priority
and a have to admit AI and map nodes triggers etc are not my strongest aspect (although i know enough AI, i would need to learn more to make them truely decent)

Muldrake
Supreme Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've had the AI send in APC's to my base, loaded with engineers, troops I think I've even had a cyborg commando one time...
I've also had GDI send Juggernaughts, in groups of 3-4. With one slightly behind, to defend the others.
And, I've also had two Nod AI's launch both Meteor Storms and Multi-missiles at me, at the exact same time on my base..
*lol* EVIL!

Last edited by Muldrake on Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

The DvD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Muldrake wrote:
I've also had GDI send Juggernaughts, in groups of 3-4. With one slightly behind, to defend the others.

That last juggernaut just was a bit behind because it was at the other end of the AI base when they started their walk towards your base..
Muldrake wrote:
And, I've also had two Nod AI's launch both Meteor Storms and Multi-missiles at me, at the exact same time on my base..
*lol* EVIL!

This is independent from AI..

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

a map still doesn't work and I wanna play that map

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
a map still doesn't work and I wanna play that map

Well that guna help fix the error Neutral
WHAT map ?

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
WHAT map?

the exesive SE map

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Download the patch that upgrades TSR 1.2 to 1.2.1..

The DvD

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The link is on top of this page, it also fixes the map.

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well it didn't fix the map on mine

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

well then its something you are doing wrong Sad

Owen
Medic

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG wrote:
well it is something you are doing wrong Sad

well I followed the instructions

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Actually, 1.2>1.21 doesn't fix excessive, cause I can't play it on mine either.

The DvD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Now that you say i tested it and indeed it don't work. (although it should)

rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the majority decides
FIX IT SMIFFGIG

hellfire
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh AICT mine works, I played it a bit back.

All hail me

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
rogue4567
Rocket Cyborg

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

damn you

Sporty_Thievz
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

rogue4567 wrote:
the majority decides
FIX IT SMIFFGIG

FIX IT SMIFFGIG Twisted Evil Mad #evil #evil #evil

If not i will personally come round to your house and kidnapp the one named 'Giggany'

that is all.......

FinalMoon
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Er-Hem,

First of all, it's one map. You have like 15 others so, play them. And take screenshots.

Second, it may be a bug, but currently SMIFF is taking a much-needed break from working on 1.2 (it has been a while since he started on it...) And getting ready to begin work on 1.25.

The excessive map isn't exclusive to Retro, you can find it on Dad_A_Tude's site and tumsun (which should return soon, which btw, SMIFFGIG his hard at work on making sure it does...) So here's a thought. Download the map your own d*mn self, put it in your folder, and play it. I'll personally make sure SMIFF adds it to the list of bugs, but right now, it's not exactly at the top of all our to-do lists to fix.

Btw, this is only a problem with the 1.2>1.21 patch, if you download 1.21 full, you'll have it.

Sporty_Thievz
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

i watched Smiffgig make some of this mod Smile

Much needed break nimz Laughing

1.2 must of been hard work nimeth..... Very Happy Very Happy Smile :WINK WINK WINK:

cheetboss
Civilian

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

thats koo this new version realy dose get rid of the internal errors
.......... when do u think ull need beta testers ?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Skype Account Yahoo Messenger Account AIM Address
Pepzi
Plasma Trooper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

SMIFFGIG, what about the issue with the jumpjet infantry? The SAM's won't shoot at it. Is there an update to fix that? Or can I alter the mod and do something to fix the little problem?

Edit: to fix the "BIG" problem, As it is an unfair advantage.

Last edited by Pepzi on Wed Jan 05, 2005 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clazzy
Karma Police

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think Smiff removed the SAM=yes tag from the SAM Sites, causing the Jumpjet Infantry to be untargetable by them.

pft1086
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You mean he added the tag in, which makes it unable to target Jumpjets.  Why he did this, I'm not sure but he has his reasons.  Maybe so Jumpjets are more than just scout units and actually have a chance to live.

SMIFFGIG
General

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This issue is fixed in 1.21
it was due to a WH which i edited in the last moments of 1.2 which had a ripple effect onto many things
My Bad
But considering it was fixed by me over a year ago, the very mention of it is comfusing

In short pepzi
DOWNLOAD 1.21

The DvD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow this topic has 6000 views.. is there any thread that has more views?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Meh... control your spam... Maybe the RotD download topic also has a lot of views... But this is a TS Retro forum...

I hope there will be a new version of this mod Wink.

Mods, Mods Support, Public Researchs, Map Archives, Tutorials, A Friendly Community and much more. Check it out now!

TiberianManiac
Civilian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

this is cool

Firefx
Civilian

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wow it's been aaagggeeesss since i posted here, anyway, i have some problems with the new update, laser turrets turret is invisible, GDI's radar is...invisible with the exception of the rotating radar.

I know it's a huge huge, the biggest bump i have ever done in my life. i just realised that, sorry.

Splicerxp
Civilian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the good thing bout teh AI is the how they will destroy 1 enemy AI and then gang up on you so it gives you plenty of time before then too attack

Brotherhood of GOD
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hello
I have internal errors on loading screen when start second mission in campaing or scirmish!I have this crap with most mods!First decade sun v2.03+firestorm!!!!!HAAALP

Last edited by Brotherhood of GOD on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

inzane krazy
General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Try completely reinstalling your game, and deleting the Tiberian Sun directory after uninstalling.

Brotherhood of GOD
Cyborg Engineer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It doesnt help

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Update: Considering that we had more than 8 links there and all of them (no exceptions) were dead, I've uploaded it to PPM. To be honest, I don't know why this mod wasn't uploaded to PPM before. Anyway, the remaining link in the first post (which is what I added) works and this mod is downlodable again. Enjoy it! Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [46 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon