Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am
All times are UTC + 0
Download
Moderators: stucuk
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject:  Download Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

Also Known As: banshee_revora (Steam)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You are wrong, E1 Elite.

The executable includes an installer/autoupdater that downloads all required files.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, csheme/cameobg or any folder inside palettes are not required files and menu will adapt to it and shouldn't
cause any problems.

I have seen that it is not a problem if the exe file is kept in a new folder and given net access to download all
support files, then it works fine. But I had access violation when multiple versions of exe were kept in say 3.36
folder. They also try to re-register the file extensions on start etc.. I don't know the dat file generated is compatible
as well. Access violation problem went away when I started with a new folder for exe or downloaded the tarball.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wait. Why are we making a topic about this if the SVN's last modification was over 180 days ago ?

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Because there weren't one before and 90% of the forum regulars never check the main page.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Krow
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
90% of the forum regulars never check the main page.
True. Never did.

gistop
Stealth Laser Trooper

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

really? no one touches that Cnc tools section on the main page?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

After i looked up and down through this SHP Builder subforum, i finally remembered to check the main page.
But for a big subforum about this tool, it simply needs an instantly visible download topic. Especially when you are new here, see this subforum and want to get the latest version.

Public SHPs

Tools

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

E1 Elite wrote:
So, csheme/cameobg or any folder inside palettes are not required files and menu will adapt to it and shouldn't
cause any problems.

I have seen that it is not a problem if the exe file is kept in a new folder and given net access to download all
support files, then it works fine. But I had access violation when multiple versions of exe were kept in say 3.36
folder. They also try to re-register the file extensions on start etc.. I don't know the dat file generated is compatible
as well. Access violation problem went away when I started with a new folder for exe or downloaded the tarball.

3.36 is a very old version.

The installer that is embeded on 3.37 and newer will download all cschemes and palettes. The issues that you are complaining at, won't happen... unless something that I did not predict happens with Windows 8 or newer. But so far, I haven't seen complaints on that for a while.

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Installer downloads all files on fresh installation but not on existing installation. To verify, delete csheme/cameobg
or palettes/RA1 folders on an existing setup, the app runs without fetching them from server and menu gets truncated.

The access violation happened with one of 3.37 or later betas on Win7 64bit. It could have been a completely
system problem, but the problem went away when the same exe was kept on a new folder and allowed to
download all support files. It was only a suggestion to avoid access violation cases, not a complaint.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The installer for 3.37 installs the 'broken' 3.38 beta that does nothing on my Windows 10 machine.
Over 10 years and still the most buggiest software I've ever used.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's not broken. It just needs admin priviledges (and perhaps win 7 compatibility) because of the installer, although I admit that I'll eventually rework on that installer to cut that admin priviledge requirements for those who already have it installed correctly.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
I'll eventually rework on that installer

If you do that, maybe you could also consider this.

Public SHPs

Tools

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll try again. The application is absolutely broken in it's current state.

I just downloaded before and installed without setting "run as admin" on the installer.

The link to 3.37 is broken how ever.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Tried it with your instructions, the SHP Editor is still broken.
I can't even change frames on multi framed shps, the controls do nothing.

Where could I find the old 3.36?

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You have to explain me with more details what are you calling 'broken' in this case. Does it load? Are you able to open the menu? Are you able to start new files or open existing files? Which features do not work in your case? Which controls do not work? List all of them, please.

I do not have windows 10 here and I don't have plans to install it. So, it's hard for me to figure out what's going on in your case.

By the way, I doubt that OS SHP Builder 3.36 will solve your problem, but if you want it so much, you can grab it at Here

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Thanks, it works flawlessly. Smile (minus the old 'weird' bugs.)

So, as to what doesn't work with the new one.
The program opens fine.
It loads any .shp fine.

It does not, allow me to change frames (view next, last). The controls (arrows, one up, one down.) seem to do nothing at all. They are also extremely slow to display their hover effects.

It does not, allow me to insert new frames (access violation errors, around 3 of them.) I can specify tomorrow after work. If you would like.

It does open the resize canvas options, but with two errors along the way.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:
It does not, allow me to change frames (view next, last). The controls (arrows, one up, one down.) seem to do nothing at all. They are also extremely slow to display their hover effects.

I cannot recreate this error here. But, by looking at the code, they will not do nothing if:

- The text is not a number (I.e.: -  or empty).
- The SHP has only one frame.
- The program is not editing a SHP file (or it considers that it is not editing anything).

Quote:
It does not, allow me to insert new frames (access violation errors, around 3 of them.) I can specify tomorrow after work. If you would like.

The code is indeed bugged and I know where the problem is located. I'll fix it eventually. There is no need to send me any access violation code.

Quote:

I could not recreate this bug here. Resize canvas opened fine, executed fine and caused me no issues at all.

Which file or files were you editing when these bugs happened? How many frames did they have?

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:

I cannot recreate this error here. But, by looking at the code, they will not do nothing if:

- The text is not a number (I.e.: -  or empty).
- The SHP has only one frame.
- The program is not editing a SHP file (or it considers that it is not editing anything).

The text was a number (1), The SHP had multiple frames, the SHP was pips.shp that works with the game, but not the editor.

Banshee wrote:

Quote:

I could not recreate this bug here. Resize canvas opened fine, executed fine and caused me no issues at all.

Which file or files were you editing when these bugs happened? How many frames did they have?

First I tried to edit glsl.shp with 1 frame (the first loading screen of ra2) and the second was pips.shp with 19 frames.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I've extracted both files and opened them with OS SHP Builder and tried to recreate the problems you reported. I couldn't recreate them. Everything worked well here, except that I did not had the appropriate palette to open these files.

Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Banshee wrote:
Quote:

The code is indeed bugged and I know where the problem is located. I'll fix it eventually. There is no need to send me any access violation code.

Bug fixed in revision 93.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sorry for the bump but is there an offline version of the installer? I don't have internet connection on my PC and it seems I need to properly install this in order to work correctly. Simple copy pasting the whole folder causes problems on the palettes when creating cameos.

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Anonymous wrote:
Sorry for the bump but is there an offline version of the installer? I don't have internet connection on my PC and it seems I need to properly install this in order to work correctly. Simple copy pasting the whole folder causes problems on the palettes when creating cameos.

Depends on where you placed it and whether or not that spot needs admin permission...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Banshee
Supreme Banshee

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nope, OS SHP Builder doesn't need a proper install. All you need (and all it does) is really copying the files to the paste. Install it in a machine where you have administrative powers. Then, once the installation is done, copy and paste it to the machine/pen drive/whatever that you want.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [25 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum