Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:36 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Client
Moderators: Dawn of the Tiberium Age Staff
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [55 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:15 pm    Post subject:  Client Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Jotain uutta on tekeillä...

newgamelobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  530.64 KB
 Viewed:  20864 Time(s)

newgamelobby.png

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Client Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:

Translation: I was drunk on tequila.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
DMAN
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The client looks great Smile. Keep it up!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Re: Client Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
^Rampastein wrote:

Oh, you're so funny.

Iran
Pyro Sniper

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks nice, are you gonna add support for build off ally (onlne only, no support for savegames) and spectators?

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would really appreciate the support for both Building off Ally structures and spectators. Spectators especially for recording and streaming purposes.

Great work again, by the way. You're truly outdoing yourself all the time.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Spectators are already in and working Wink

BuildOffAlly support is easy to add. You mod leaders (Bittah and Aro) can actually add the option yourself, the game options are entirely configurable via an INI file.

This screenshot actually reveals very little of everything I've done. But you'll hear more about that later (Aro: you can check the DTA staff forum for more info).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you give your programs internal development names? If yes and if this new one hasn't a name yet, can i suggest Eastwood? Client Eastwood Wink

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm afraid I don't have a habit of doing that #Tongue

Nyerguds
General

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
Do you give your programs internal development names? If yes and if this new one hasn't a name yet, can i suggest Eastwood? Client Eastwood Wink

Project names usually propagate to the final exe name of the compiled program, so it's generally not a good idea  Razz

I named one of the tabs in my config tool for C&C95 "tabForWhinyBitches", though Razz

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA 1.13 will be a huge, awesome multiplayer-focused update. Along with many gameplay improvements, it will come with an entirely new Client which offers better graphics, much faster performance and a lot more features than the old one.

This image displays the new CnCNet Lobby, which will feature unique chat channels for all games I support (basically, you will be able to view only DTA players' messages without having the DTA- prefix in your name), colored chat and private messaging.

You will hear more later.

CnCNetLobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  212.1 KB
 Viewed:  20521 Time(s)

CnCNetLobby.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Re: Client Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Great to see CnCNet being improved. There's not too much activity in this community which makes this even more special.

Bittah Commander wrote:
^Rampastein wrote:

Hehe, I can see how you would think that #Tongue

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

oh, cncnet has seen me

hope you'll soon show the new game menu too. This is where the client is truly rocking.

Public SHPs

Tools

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Kinda annoying how cncnet spams the chat with "joined, left, quit, created" messages. Those should be hidden from the end user IMO.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

good point.
The cncnet_bot is also really annoying with those many "xyz was here ... ago" messages.
For me who asked this, the answer is useful, but not every other user. So every other user should not see it.

A button in the client "Show cncnet_bot messages" would really help.
Or allow the user to set a certain color for the cncnetbot. I would take black so i don't have to see the messages on the black chatbox.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

For the CnCNet General Chat channel the joined / quit / game created messages might indeed be a bit excessive, but when you view the DTA channel which mostly has a couple of people online at a time, they're useful.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
good point.
A button in the client "Show cncnet_bot messages" would really help.
Or allow the user to set a certain color for the cncnetbot. I would take black so i don't have to see the messages on the black chatbox.

That just sounds silly. No offense.

Most realistic option would be to just make the bot messages (when using a command) return the info they are supposed to.

Eg: "LKO last seen 1m,2d,12h,36m ago - 22:12 9/10/14"

The coloring should be a noticeable neutral grey ( or a color that's dedicated to 'system' colored messages )

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
For the CnCNet General Chat channel the joined / quit / game created messages might indeed be a bit excessive, but when you view the DTA channel which mostly has a couple of people online at a time, they're useful.

Just add an option "display notifications in chat - yes/no" disabled or enabled by default on a client to client basis, suggesting default to disabled for most games.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

that's what i suggested. A button to turn the cncnet_bot messages on/off.
The color was just a different way. Instead of a button, you can set the color to be a less prominent one.
If the user could set a dark grey for the messages, they would still be readable, but don't stand out among the useful bright colored user messages (and i mentioned i would set black since i don't care about the bot messages at all)

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CnCNet5_Bot is just an user on the channel like everyone else. The color it uses on its messages is controlled by the one hosting the bot, who is someone from the CnCNet staff (I don't know exactly who though, I'd guess FunkyFr3sh).

I could add an option for disabling the user joined/quit/game formed notifications, depends on how much demand there will be during internal testing and after DTA 1.13's release.

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
that's what i suggested. A button to turn the cncnet_bot messages on/off.

The way to do it.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
i would set black since i don't care about the bot messages at all)

Pointless to do.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The entirely new Game Lobby in DTA 1.13 comes with many improvements:
- You are now able to lock the game to prevent more people from joining it
- The player color boxes now use the color itself as the color of the font
- Colored chat (I showed this earlier)
- "Dynamic" map preview; now you can look at the preview to determine a player's starting location, team and color (assuming the player has pre-selected a starting location)
- Game lobbies are now persistent by default, meaning the game lobby doesn't get disbanded after having a single game (like in the previous Client)
- Spectator support
- Larger, high-resolution and far more detailed previews than earlier
- The window is now resizable, and all the UI controls will scale with the window
- Much better graphics; all native Windows graphics have been eliminated, meaning we have customized and better-looking check boxes, combo boxes (those boxes where you select your side/color/team etc.) and scrollbars
- Lots of new game options. But we aren't revealing them just yet Wink

(- For modders; the game options (both old and new) are now entirely customizable via .INI code, and there is no limit to how many of them you can have; if you want, you can add 100 new game options as long as you can somehow fit them to the UI. The way the game options themselves are coded is very flexible - the only limits to them are the TS engine, your imagination and the Client's UI space)

cncnetgamelobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  870.86 KB
 Viewed:  20370 Time(s)

cncnetgamelobby.png

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice improvements, very handy!

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA 1.13 will have multiple themes to select from. You've previously seen our default theme, and this screenshot reveals the Classic Tiberian Dawn theme.

Three new game options are also visible. I think they're rather self-explanatory, but I might as well list them anyway:

• Infinite Tiberium / Ore: Makes one tiberium tree spawn so much tiberium that even 10 harvesters aren't able to make the field empty.
  • Replace Tiberium with Ore: This option has been moved to the Game Lobby from the general DTA options. The effect is the same as it has always been; replaces tiberium graphics with ore graphics.
  • Harvesters Unload Instantly: Makes harvesters unload instantly, like in Red Alert.

IMG_14102014_192838.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  506.5 KB
 Viewed:  20309 Time(s)

IMG_14102014_192838.png

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The CnCNet game lobby with the Soviet theme.

There's 2 new options revealed:
  • Turtling AI: This does exactly what the name says and make the AI only turtle. In other words, the AI will barely attack at all and primarily use any units it builds just to defend its base.
  • Build Off Ally: This will allow you to build structures next to structures of an allied player.

sovietcncnetgamelobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  736.59 KB
 Viewed:  20258 Time(s)

sovietcncnetgamelobby.png

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Alex06
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This looks great, can't wait to test this next version. Very Happy

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks elegant now. The bottom command buttons could be put in a box on top right side which
seems vacant. That would make most of the mouse clicks handy and may solve complaints of not
able to see bottom buttons in smaller height laptops. But it may become inconsistent with other
screens.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

the window can be resized (no fixed size), and the top right empty area is due to a quite big window size on Bittah's screenshot. When using the smallest possible size (which is 900x600), there is no empty space in top right corner. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This "quite big window size" is actually the default window size however. This is the only size where the map preview image can be viewed unstretched, at its original size.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The Skirmish lobby with the Allied theme (this is the fourth and final theme to be introduced in version 1.13).

There's 2 newly revealed options are:
  • Start Without Shroud: This allows you to start a match with an entirely revealed map.
  • Shroud Regrows: This makes shroud constantly slowly grow back; the shroud will even grow back if you have the "Start Without Shroud" option enabled.

alliedskirmishlobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  859.66 KB
 Viewed:  20145 Time(s)

alliedskirmishlobby.png

Last edited by Bittah Commander on Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

DaRTzO
Laser Commando

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What's the point of numbering maps with the westwood method? eg: 2-8. When you can just have [ 8 ], obviously you can play 1v1 on an 8 player map as well.

Also it makes it easier to search for map as there's less arbitrary information included.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That's true, although there are a few Co-Op map that support only a higher minimum amount of players. I could consider only numbering the Co-Op maps like this however...

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Displaying the DTA 1.13 CnCNet Game Lobby from the non-host player's perspective using the default theme - Lock Game and Change Map are grayed-out and in place of "Start Game" there's "I'm Ready", otherwise it's the same.

We're also revealing two new game options:
  • No Infantry Crushing: As you'd expect, makes infantry uncrushable so that tanks cannot simply drive over them.
  • Disable Visceroids: Removes all pre-placed visceroids from the map and makes infantry dying from tiberium exposure not get converted to visceroids.

IMG_23102014_233030.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  988.3 KB
 Viewed:  20081 Time(s)

IMG_23102014_233030.png

E1 Elite
General

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

^Rampastein wrote:
Disable Visceroids: Removes all pre-placed visceroids from the map and makes infantry dying from tiberium exposure not get converted to visceroids.

Under [Units] section of skirmish maps, if the owner Neutral is replaced with Special, those
units become inert and non-targetable. If used on say jellyfish it retains its ambience without
its sting/weapon effect. And its weapon remains intact on the scripted ones where the owner
is unchanged. It might be a better option than removing which may change the atmosphere.

As they cannot be targeted, destroying them to clear the space they occupy is the downside.
For the short time I tested, haven't seen any more side effects. Though it was interesting to
observe a baby visceroid of Neutral combining with another baby visceroid of Special to
randomly take Neutral or Special sides after combining.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

DTA has no jellyfish, so there is no unit giving the creepy atmosphere sounds. Wink

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here are the final 3 options that'll be included in DTA 1.13's game lobbies:
  • Disable Super Weapons: This option does exactly what it says it does and it also makes the Adv. Comm Center and the Temple of Nod 900 credits cheaper to compensate for the removed super weapon.
  • Disable Unit Queuing: This disables the possibility of queuing multiple units to build and you'll only be able to build one unit at a time. This is aimed at the more hardcore TD and RA1 fans.
  • Stormy Weather: This option causes Meteor+Ion storms to start every 10 minutes or so, meaning that you'll be bombarded by both lightning and meteors. The meteors that fall will only be small ones however, so they won't be able to instantly destroy any structures.

Skirmish Lobby.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  450.79 KB
 Viewed:  20019 Time(s)

Skirmish Lobby.png

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

And this gives this TS mod more options than RA2/YR Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
DTA has no jellyfish, so there is no unit giving the creepy atmosphere sounds. Wink

I actually considered adding those (and kind of still want to), but with no CABAL present they'd be very out of place (CABAL created them during Firestorm after all).

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

First time i hear CABAL creating them. AFAIK he only protected them in the genesis pit and watched the "natural" tiberium mutation/evolution until the creatures were ready for being abused as weapons.

I thought the jellyfish are just like visceroid a result of tiberium mutation.
Thus they would fit into DTA as well, if you go 30 years into the future.

But with RA from the past, why not jellyfish from the future. Smile

Public SHPs

Tools

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Orac
President

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That was always my reading of that FMV, it seemed logical considering that the opposite mission for GDI stated that they were some crazy new mutation that they hadn't seen before iirc.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you like our singleplayer missions? Well, in DTA 1.13 we have a new feature, Co-op Missions. These are basically singleplayer-style pre-scripted missions, but created for multiple players who are all on the same side. These missions can be as varied as singleplayer missions, so there can be base-building missions, commando missions, and anything else that also works in singleplayer.

These missions force certain settings on/off (those grayed-out options) depending on the nature of the mission itself. The briefing is drawn by the Client, so it is always the same size and looks always smooth regardless of the size of the window. To see the map without the briefing, you can hide the briefing by pointing your cursor towards the preview image.

coopmissions.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  385.61 KB
 Viewed:  19904 Time(s)

coopmissions.png

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

reunification.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  458.69 KB
 Viewed:  19862 Time(s)

reunification.png

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Recently we replaced the [DTA], (locked), (incompatible) and (passworded) game status labels with icons. Also, some useless information from the "Game information" section was removed and the remaining items readjusted so that there is more space for showing games (looks like this space is going to be necessary with our recently skyrocketing popularity).

The list of games is now also sorted so that locked games are put to the bottom of list (and grayed out) and open games are on the top. Both locked and open games are also separately sorted so that passworded games are on the bottom of each category, while non-passworded games are on top.

cncnetlobby.1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  146.41 KB
 Viewed:  19510 Time(s)

cncnetlobby.1.png

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Beginning with the next update, the client will start saving the results of all matches you play, both online games and skirmish games. You will be able to view your match history, the results of all matches, and some nice statistics from those matches. There's also a filter with which you can select if you want to view only online games, only skirmish games or all games.

dtascoreviewer1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.58 KB
 Viewed:  18852 Time(s)

dtascoreviewer1.png

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

More statistics.

dtascoreviewer2.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  25.94 KB
 Viewed:  18818 Time(s)

dtascoreviewer2.png

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the next version the selected theme will also change the theme of the main menu.

sovmain.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  105.76 KB
 Viewed:  18602 Time(s)

sovmain.png

HG_SCIPCION
Gauss Rifle Trooper

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

wow, map editor in the main menu? D:

good work

DoMiNaNt_HuNtEr
General

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Looks facking sweet!

IN-GAME NAME: MAKINTOKE

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Here's the Allied theme.

alimain.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  48.57 KB
 Viewed:  18527 Time(s)

alimain.png

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon