Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:07 am
All times are UTC + 0
Preventing C4 on specific buildings
Moderators: Global Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:33 pm    Post subject:  Preventing C4 on specific buildings Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Hi.

I want to know whether there's some kind of setting that will force any infantry with C4=yes to attack a building with its Primary instead of bombing it.

For my testing purposes, I use the deployed Tick Tank and the Ghost Stalker.
So far, I've done these:

• BaseNormal=no ; this is just for the building placement adjacency rule
  • IsBase=yes ; apparently, this is a dummy
  • Wall=yes ; forced to set Image=GAWALL to get it to work. The Tick Tank becomes a dumb object.
  • Immune=yes ; invulnerable to everything else except the C4
  • BridgeRepairHut=yes and Repairable=false ; the Ghost Stalker approaches the Tick Tank point-blank to place C4 on it, then switches to railgun. Can't be damaged by anything else, either.
  • CanC4=no ; ModEnc clearly stated this as Red Alert 2 logic. Proven it through testing.

Is there anything else I can try?

Last edited by KajiTetsushi on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 am; edited 4 times in total

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

CanC4=no?

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
CanC4=no?

Forgot to mention that I've already read ModEnc and verified by testing that it really is a Red Alert 2 key. Hang on. Gonna update that list.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Short from adding Immune=yes together with LegalTarget=no to a structure (which turns the structure entirely immune and untargetable), there really is no way to prevent infantry with C4=yes from using C4 on a structure in TS.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:
Short from adding Immune=yes together with LegalTarget=no to a structure (which turns the structure entirely immune and untargetable), there really is no way to prevent infantry with C4=yes from using C4 on a structure in TS.

I see. Thanks.

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Bittah Commander wrote:

I believe you can still force-fire and destroy such building with C4. Only BridgeRepairHut=yes can truly prevent a building from being C4'd.

KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:

I believe you can still force-fire and destroy such building with C4. Only BridgeRepairHut=yes can truly prevent a building from being C4'd.

That's right. It would've been a nice choice, until I discovered that it makes the target building invulnerable to all damage and that the attacker still goes in C4 first. Sad

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Crimsonum wrote:
Bittah Commander wrote:

Yeah, you're right about that. The building requires both BridgeRepairHut=yes and Immune=yes to make it not destroyable by C4.

View user's profile Send private message ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Replace C4 with a low range instakill weapon & then use armor types to specify what it can & cant attack.

YR does this to Tanya so she can C4 tanks as well as buildings.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

TS doesn't has enough armor types to do that.
Buildings use wood, light and heavy armor, so the fake C4 would be also able to instantly kill 90% of the units.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:19 am    Post subject: I... finally(?) found a workaround Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Mig Eater wrote:
Replace C4 with a low range instakill weapon & then use armor types to specify what it can & cant attack.
YR does this to Tanya so she can C4 tanks as well as buildings.

Yep. I know how that works.

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
TS doesn't has enough armor types to do that.
Buildings use wood, light and heavy armor, so the fake C4 would be also able to instantly kill 90% of the units.

Simple! Set all buildings to wood... at the risk of more balancing work. Very Happy

offtopic: Am I right to think that these are all of the armor types in that bloody game.exe? Also, kind of sad that ETS doesn't work with the latest version of FreeTS. I found ETS's Tertiary and Quaternary weapons, among some of the features, quite useful for my purposes when I had a working version long ago. If it only worked with HyperPatch, too, I would've been very satisfied.
[/offtopic]

On a whole, I think I know what to do with this C4 problem. So, thanks, everyone. Smile

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I would think that, if carefully planned, it may even be a good decision to change the armor types.
We have a couple of armors, which can be spereted, for example like this:
wood - weak buildings (powerplants, barracks, ...)
concrete - sturdy buildings (CY, warfactory, ...)
none - light infantry, infantry without armor
light - heavier infantry like cyborgs, lighter armor for a lot of tanks as well [stealth tank, Hover MRLS, ...]
heavy - the normal tanks.

If you divide it in these categories, you can easily create new weapons which counter specific sections (anti cyborg/light tanks, anti heavy tanks, anti buildings)

Just sayin' #Tongue

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

KajiTetsushi
Vehicle Driver

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nordos wrote:
I would think that, if carefully planned, it may even be a good decision to change the armor types.
We have a couple of armors, which can be spereted, for example like this:
wood - weak buildings (powerplants, barracks, ...)
concrete - sturdy buildings (CY, warfactory, ...)
none - light infantry, infantry without armor
light - heavier infantry like cyborgs, lighter armor for a lot of tanks as well [stealth tank, Hover MRLS, ...]
heavy - the normal tanks.

If you divide it in these categories, you can easily create new weapons which counter specific sections (anti cyborg/light tanks, anti heavy tanks, anti buildings)

Just sayin' #Tongue

Yes, lol. I know. I've actually made a draft of exactly that before I put this up because I was expecting no possible solution. It's not hard, I imagine, but I'm dead sure that without a sort of CanC4=no key, I'm going to find myself in a lot of work!

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [13 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon