Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm
All times are UTC + 0
Heavy weapons guy
Moderators: Global Moderators, Media Hut Moderators, OpenRA Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators, Tiberian Sun Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:30 pm    Post subject:  Heavy weapons guy
Subject description: from team fortress 2
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is my second shp i make so far. Criticism needed....

heavy.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  71.1 KB
 Viewed:  7887 Time(s)

heavy.png

TF2 Heavy.rar
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  TF2 Heavy.rar
 Filesize:  51.55 KB
 Downloaded:  212 Time(s)

Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'm surprised how well it fits in Red Alert...I mean Copyright Alert 2.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It's way, way too bright. The skin is like glowing.
Isn't TF2 a public project or something? But yes, someone should check that we don't get copyright problems.

\Edit
checked the SHP
-animations are good
-lighting is really bad. No light source is set it seems, so you have no lit/shadowed areas on the unit, which makes it look flat. Give your scene a light source in south-west, so the shadow is going north-east. (you can leave the black fake shadow to make it fit better for RA2)
-it should get some crawl, cheer, parachute etc frames
-check the material settings and give metal materials some shiny reflections, leather a matte effect etc
-the firing frames should show a muzzle flash and an omni light should be switched on every second frame, to make the units front appear brighter for this frame

\Edit
best you make different shadow versions to fit all the different RA2 modders needs
-black ones for those who use it in vanilla RA2
-transparent blobs who use it in bigger mod projects
-transparent, correct angled shadows

\Shadow discussion splitted

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

Last edited by Lin Kuei Ominae on Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Aro
Alcohol Fueled

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Team Fortress 2 is a Free-to-play game developed by Valve, though the game itself is free to download the assets are still property of Valve, however, they aren't normally the kind of company that gets in a Blizzard about things like this, I think I have seen mods in the past that have used assets from Half-Life such as the HECU Grunts which either went under their radar or they just simply didn't care.

god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

This is not converted directly from Team fortress 2. It is converted from mod of GTA San Andreas

RatsInTheWalls
Rocket Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Someone call Dutchy. #Tongue

ApolloTD
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Little too wide especially besides considering size to the other infantry and yeap, lighting is too strong ruining any contrast to be had.

god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:35 am    Post subject: Heavy weapons guy Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Remade Version. No crawling as always...

[HeavySequence]
Ready=81,1,1
Guard=81,1,1
Walk=89,6,6
Idle1=0,22,0
Idle2=22,15,0
Idle3=37,26,0
Die1=63,18,0,S
Die2=209,23,0
Die3=0,1,1
Die4=0,1,1
Die5=0,1,1
FireUp=161,6,6
Cheer=137,24,0
Panic=89,6,6

Heavy .gif
 Description:
 Filesize:  266.2 KB
 Viewed:  4877 Time(s)

Heavy .gif

SCRN.20180904-121405-00364.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  176.54 KB
 Viewed:  4877 Time(s)

SCRN.20180904-121405-00364.png

Heavy.shp
 Description:

Download
 Filename:  Heavy.shp
 Filesize:  150.66 KB
 Downloaded:  88 Time(s)

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice.

Makes for a good-looking discount Arnie Frankenfurter #Tongue

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
X1A1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nice, with a good recolor and resize this guy could serve as a mutated  brute gunner for a sub-faction. Thanks for sharing.

PussyPus
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you think what i'm thinking? TF2 online in the RA2 engine?

TAK02
General

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

PussyPus wrote:
Do you think what i'm thinking? TF2 online in the RA2 engine?

Screw TF2. Better do the real classics like GTA.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Twitter Channel URL Skype Account
Crimsonum
Seth

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Any chance for a version with separate shadow frames, or shadows with a unique color?

A bonus would be to have the firing muzzle use colours #246-#248, although it's easy to do in SHP Builder.

god_l1k31
Light Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can make these units with separate shadows. But i have to start all over. I'm usually too lazy and this will take me 2-3x more time. On larger units it seems i have no choise.

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [14 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace!