Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:59 am
All times are UTC + 0
Can't LAT in theater
Moderators: Global Moderators, Red Alert 2 Moderators
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:00 am    Post subject:  Can't LAT in theater
Subject description: Prolly my mistake but no idea how I did
Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

So, I've started meeting up with FA2.

The problem is - and i have no idea how I did - that every time I place a LAT tile in Temperate, the random tile placement happens, but the smoothening/transitioning from other terrain to it does not. Copy-pasted LATs doesn't lose this info - it's just that all tiles are placed as-is.

I'm using Bolt's temperate btw.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

is Options - Disable AutoLat enabled?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I knew I'll forgot mention something - playing with that option makes no difference. It works on other terrains - yet those are also customized via TX.

=======================
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Mig Eater
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Wild guess, but I've had similar problems when I edited the beach tiles. Make a backup & delete the beach/water tiles & see if it has any effect.

Is the terrain still LATing ingame? FA2 & the game use different systems for LAT tiles.

Is anyone else having the same problem with Bolt's terrain!?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL Twitter Channel URL
OmegaBolt
President

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yeah I've always had this issue with it, don't know what it is. Seems to work fine ingame but not in FA2.

RP
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

From what I've seen FA2 uses a system almost identical to the game, except for shores but IIRC there's no ClearToXXX entry for that in the theater INI.
FA2 just reads out that section and gets the tiles for the tileset defined there.
For NewUrban they added a nice hack in FAData.ini

Code:
[NewUrbanInfo]
Morphable2=114
Ramps2=117
Cliffs2=110
CliffsWater2=112

Maybe it's because of the location of the tiles? If you have a valid theater control file it should work just fine.
Only difference between vanilla and OmegaBolt's stuff would be the location of the files.

All in all I'd say this is another reason to drop FA2 and support the new map editor even more,
because it works already better when it comes to this even without a GUI #Tongue

Mental Omega 3.0 Mission creator - Creator of FinalOmega: APYR 3.0 Map Editor

/ppm/'s stupidity

Blade
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

New map editor? When did this happen?

Starkku
Cyborg Commando

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

FA2 expects certain tiles to use certain terrain type (Rough for 'sand', Road for 'pavement' for an example), not complying with this causes issues such as sand tiles not interacting properly with shores in the editor and so on.

Could you provide more details such as what LAT tile is the one in question and/or what does it not interact properly with?.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID Twitter Channel URL
Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

RP, stop speaking about your new map editor when it doesn't exist yet. I can only work with existing tools, dummy. #Tongue

Starkku, all.  Couldn't get any LAT smoothening working. Sand with clear, sand with dark grass, dark with normal.

=======================

Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 1 [9 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon