Project Perfect Mod Forums
:: Home :: Get Hosted :: PPM FAQ :: Forum FAQ :: Privacy Policy :: Search :: Memberlist :: Usergroups :: Register :: Profile :: Log in to check your private messages :: Log in ::

The time now is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm
All times are UTC + 0
STARTING MONEY AND IDEAS
Moderators: Aro, Crimsonum, ErastusMercy, Lin Kuei Ominae, ^Rampastein
Post new topic   Reply to topic Page 1 of 2 [80 Posts] Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic
Goto page: 1, 2 Next
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject:  STARTING MONEY AND IDEAS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I tried to change the starting cash from 20000 to 50000 in the RULES.INI but it doesn't work.

It stays at 20000 so can someone tell me what I am doing wrong since I have always been able to do this but the game is not reading the changes.

Also my ideas is if it where possible in a later update to have Ballistic Nuclear Missiles for both sides.

Make Engineers and medics look different [different colors or uniforms] since they are hard to tell apart from the other infantry.

A build Que so that you can select a series of units and buildings to build and it will do it as soon as the next one is finished.

Would be cool if you can have multiple factories building different units at the same time.

I don't know if the engine supports this but infantry squads would be cool.

Oh one more thing and this I did in my mod of Zero Hour...blast damage.

In my mod, certain units, even buildings like reactors and nuke silos when destroyed caused damage to surrounding units.

Super weapons, power plants and large combat units should have this as well as falling aircraft.

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Blast Damage can be set in the Warhead settings for each weapon, but it is worth noting that it gets overpowered really fast. I've toyed with this in my own RA 2 pet mod years ago, and with 2 Blast Radius - two tiles - the Apocalypse could destroy a Concrete Armor building with 16k health with a single salvo... xD I don't remember if the Apocalypse was Elite or not, though... likely Elite since I increased blast radius for elite vehicles. But still... 2×400 with 2 Blast Radius can kill a 16k health structure in one hit with overkill to spare. Only Tech Outpost which I gave 50k Health or so and Concrete armor could tank one salvo from it with some health to spare -.-

Exploding units/structures can be done with death anim, but it's kinda annoying since it punishes a mistake too much.

Also, note that units aren't really to scale at all, nor is building height, so it's not too difficult to imagine a single infantry to be like a squad. (Also, Tiberian Sun/Red Alert 2 engines do not allow squad logic)

TI is doing a good job at keeping things balanced, and that's partly because they avoid touching the things that get OP fast.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: STARTING MONEY AND IDEAS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:

A build Que so that you can select a series of units and buildings to build and it will do it as soon as the next one is finished.

Build queue is only supported for infantry and vehicles. It isn't supported for buildings, engine wise.
As far as I remember, TI already has set the build queue to 30.

adamstrange wrote:

Would be cool if you can have multiple factories building different units at the same time.

Once again - engine limitation. Only four different types are supported - infantry, vehicles, aircraft and buildings. I may be mistaken, but as far as I know it is impossible to get another seperated vehicle list, for example. Even if it would be labeled Naval, it would still build as vehicle and thus blocking other vehicle production

adamstrange wrote:

I don't know if the engine supports this but infantry squads would be cool.

From what I remember the same problem - it simply is not supported. You can only build one unit at a time, not multiple. While it would be possible to modify a unit making it look like a squad, it wouldn't loose firepower or units when damaged. . .

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I think I meant that when a Large tank was destroyed, infantry really close would most likely be killed and vehicles would receive some damage

But if a reactor were destroyed like the soviet super reactor, it would cause some damage but long term effects would be radiation.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Explosion damage on destroyed units is rather bad.
As mentioned by Vulture, it can unbalance things very quick (e.g. players rather send 3-4 units into their suicide death into the enemy army, than using 8-15 units to attack in the normal way)
However, TI has already a few units which deliberately do area damage when they are destroyed. (e.g. the Nod Demolition Drone). Giving this logic to many regular units, would make such special units useless and not special anymore.

There is no logic in the TS engine to create something like radiation.
Workarounds are possible, but they would likely cause lags since they involve many animations.

Public SHPs
X-Mech Calendar (28 Mechs for GDI and Nod)
5 GDI, 5 Nod, 1 Mutant, 1 Scrin unit, 1 GDI building

Tools
Image Shaper______TMP Shop______C&C Executable Modifier

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well I really never thought about this and it does make a whole lot of sense.

Also how do I go about just changing the starting money ?

After I edited the RULES.INI I even placed it in the main folder where TI is installed and it still didn't read my changes.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Also how do I go about just changing the starting money ?

you can't. TI uses the Launcher and not the ingame lobby. The launcher is a separate program, which doesn't read rules.ini and has these settings hardcoded.

Though 50000 is quite bad anyway as this takes away every fun from the game. Just mass unit production and instant tank rush.
In addition do tiberium fields regenerate much faster in TI than TS, so even 2 refineries can harvest from the same field without depleting it.

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
[...] separate program, which doesn't read rules.ini and has these settings hardcoded.

Thats a rather bad way to put it. It can be interpreted as though the rules.ini would never be read (well, I did anyway). #Tongue

@adamstrange:
You can instead do one of the following changes:
add cost=0.5 (or whatever) under
[Nod] and [GDI]. This will reduce all costs by half. (Tiberium will be the same, actively granted the double amount)

Another way would be to increase the value of tiberium - this one does not give more money at the very beginning before harvesting, though

So, yeah, I've created a new acc. 'cause no one could remember Ordosherrscher - and I didn't like that name anyway.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nordos wrote:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:
[...] separate program, which doesn't read rules.ini and has these settings hardcoded.

Thats a rather bad way to put it. It can be interpreted as though the rules.ini would never be read (well, I did anyway). #Tongue

In rules.ini stands only MaxMoney=10000
the launcher however has to offer many fixed values like
So either the launcher has these set, or it has to calculate them.
But to calculate them it has
a) to find rules.ini. There are many places, even inside mix files where it can be. Thus a lot to code for Rampastring just for this tiny thing
b) if the launcher has finally found rules.ini, it has to offer a good selection of values, which it has to calculate just from this one value (such a calculated selection can be quite bad, so a modder chosen list of values is surely better)

Public SHPs

Tools

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Nono, you misunderstand me. I mean that, when I first read it, it sounded like the rules.ini wouldn't be read at all, meaning, changing the rules.ini wouldn't change anything in the game while it does. After all, as you said, the launcher and the game are two seperate programms.

Its just that I imagine, that someone not knowing it could easily mistake your statement for the rules.ini having no effect at all

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Right now the Client indeed has them hardcoded, but the next version of the Client will have the options in a separate .INI file.

I personally can't see how LKO's sentence could be confusing, he just said that the Client is a separate program from the game and doesn't read Rules.ini.. which is just true.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Well another thing I would like to see if possible is the ability to had my own custom colors at the start menu.

In Generals and and I think those following in the series you can have a huge selection of custom colors in the menu.

I like the ability to have lets say 30 custom colors of 7.

This means that if you pick, lets say, a BlueGrey for one side and Orange Red for the other, you can have a skirmish match of 1 vs 7 where the first side's team color is BlueGrey and all the 7 armies against you are Orange Red.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

You can already give all AIs the same color. All human players need to have different colors however; the Tiberian Sun engine uses colors for internal sorting of the players so it's impossible for two or more human players to share the same color. It is possible to extend the color list though, but currently I have no plans of doing that.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

What about the ability to garrison buildings ?

Unless I'm doing something wrong, every time I select a building to go into the the infantry recognize it as a target and destroy it.

Also is rescaling possible in TI ?

I was able to rescale most of the units in ZR so that the soldiers were much smaller than everything else

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
What about the ability to garrison buildings ?

Impossible with the TS engine.

adamstrange wrote:
Also is rescaling possible in TI ?

I was able to rescale most of the units in ZR so that the soldiers were much smaller than everything else

I don't know how it's done in ZH, but the TS engine has no automatic scaling logic. You can re-scale units, but you have to do that manually by editing the files that contain the graphics. In other words, it's a lot of work.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Editing graphic files can be a lot of work.

In zero hour there is from what I remember 2 or 3 small lines of simple code.

You would add something like 1.5 at the bottom of the units code to make it one and a half times bigger or something like this.

Rampastein, I tried editing a map but when I save it, it does not show up in the menu.

I know that there is a read-me file in the custom folder saying to put user map in that folder but there is no "custom mode" in the game menu to select it.

The file has to have a .MAP extension but the editor only spits out .MPR file format or something like that.

I tried changing the extension to .MAP, placed it in the other folders and even went as far as taking a default map,opening it, then without editing just saving with a number behind the name so as to not overwrite the original in the DEFAULT folder and it still won't show up.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

ZH= 3D game
TI= 2D game
scaling in 3d is a simple rendering factor
scaling in 2d is changing pixel graphics

So no, a simple factor is not supported in the TS engine.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
I know that there is a read-me file in the custom folder saying to put user map in that folder but there is no "custom mode" in the game menu to select it.

It works correctly for me. Just have the map with a .map extension inside the Maps\Custom directory and select the "Custom" Game Mode in the Skirmish lobby.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
but there is no "custom mode" in the game menu to select it.

The launcher shows this only if you actually have a map inside the folder.
Once you have inserted a map into the custom folder, you also have to restart the launcher, so it now notices the new file.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Ok I did this and it worked...sort of.

The editor still saves the map as .MPR so the launcher doesn't see it until I change the extension to .MAP

Do you know why the editor doesn't save as .MAP ?

When I try to reload a saved game the game kind of crashes..

IDEAS

Full Screen Skirmish Lobby

Advanced PowerPlants with 2 1/2 more power.

Radar Command Center that reveals the entire map.

Radar Guided Artillery = requires Radar Command Center.

Quad Nuclear Missile Silo = comes with only one missile.
Quad Nuclear Missile Silo Targeting Installation = adds 3 more missile to
the silos = requires Radar Command Center.

Once all 4 missiles are in the silos the player has to pick 4 different targets to fire them.

This way a opposing player doesn't get wiped out immediately but this is really great when playing multiple players or AI.

Tremor Attraction Device = dropped from a plane in a parachute, once it hits the ground it creates or attract several Tremors within a certain radias.

Tremors Repellian Structure = defense system against Tremors or within 5 seconds of them appearing kills them instantly.

AirDropped Virus Device = dropped from a plane in a parachute, once it hits the ground it creates a dirty greenish brown cloud through out the base or radius that lasts for 20 seconds.

Virus Protection Suits.

Tyberium Tick Egg Fields = if hit by small arms fire can release dozens of Ticks.

METEOR GENERATOR

RANDOM METEOR STORM

Quad Gunship Heliport = rearms gunships at a faster rate.

Random Screenshot Loading Screens

Game Map Loading Screen = screenshot of the map about to be played is displayed on the loading screen.

Acid Rain Storm Generator

Random Acid Rain Storms

Game Modes From The C&C Mashup Mod

More Maximum Size 8 Player Maps

More Maximum Size 8 Player City Maps

Tank Enforcement Communication Station = capture this structure to call in tank reinforcements.

Infantry Enforcement Communication Station = capture this structure to call in infantry reinforcements.

Battlefield Reinforcement Stations = capture this structure to call in a mix of infantry, armor, aircraft and one mcv.

Flame Towers

Gatling Towers

Infestation Maps = maps where you battle large swarms of tyberium lifeforms.

Gas spore Worms = these plant like lifeforms pop out of the ground and spray tiny spider like creatures as well as they release a deadly gas.

Observe After Defeat = some games like homeworld 2 allow you to continue to watch the game even after you are defeated.

Observer Mode

Advanced Medical Center = can hold 12 infantry to heal.

Advanced Medical Tower = infantry within a certain radius will be healed but the tower must recharge after healing.

Heavy Armor Plant = responsible for building supertank.

Heavy Mech Assemble Plant = responsible for building supermechs.

Logistics Assemble Building = speeds up unit production and cutting the cost by 25 percent.

Dual Artillery Station

Mine Laying Plane

Krakenogs = large vicious crab like creatures that lurk under tyberium fields with a single eye on the top of their shell.

Terran Fungus Egg = large mech size egg that if cracked open spreads a fungus that can kill units over time

Decayed Krakenog Egg = if you think the krakenogs are bad what happens if you crack open one of their large mech size unborn rotting eggs ?
well their stench attracts every type of dangerous parasite and through a gelatin like opening they crawl in until the egg is full and the opening hardens, trapping them in.

Now the bad part.

Since the bugs that have been trapped inside eating the dead vomit and feces covered krakenog fetuses have now mutated, if you by accident break open one of these eggs.

hundreds of these abominations will be release and spread throughout the map where all fighting sides will have to team up to stop them.

Last edited by adamstrange on Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total

Orac
President

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Save it as a singleplayer map, it'll get the .MAP extension.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I'll make the Client read .mpr files in the future. Currently it checks for .map and .dpr (DTA uses .dpr).

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you or anyone like any of my ideas ?

Something things that I forgot.

Why is the Nod MCV the same as the GDI ?

Why are there structures on maps like the Stationary Gun Battery and other weapons that you can send engineers to capture them but you can't sell them, you can't use them to target the enemy and I have yet to see them fire or be of any use.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:

Why is the Nod MCV the same as the GDI ?

There can only be one construction yard which undeploys into one specific unit. This has to be the same for all factions, therefor.

adamstrange wrote:

Why are there structures on maps like the Stationary Gun Battery and other weapons that you can send engineers to capture them but you can't sell them, you can't use them to target the enemy and I have yet to see them fire or be of any use.

Sounds like a bug. That it is not seelable is intended, though the weapons should attack. They all need power to work, IIRC, though. So amybe you got low power and wondered why they couldn't shoot?

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Full Screen Skirmish Lobby

comes with the next client

adamstrange wrote:
Advanced PowerPlants with 2 1/2 more power.

unbalanced

adamstrange wrote:
Radar Command Center that reveals the entire map.

impossible due to engine limitations

adamstrange wrote:
Radar Guided Artillery = requires Radar Command Center.

and this is doing what exactly? Just a fancy name?
TI has the mole artillery. Another artillery is useless

adamstrange wrote:
Quad Nuclear Missile Silo = comes with only one missile.
Quad Nuclear Missile Silo Targeting Installation = adds 3 more missile to
the silos = requires Radar Command Center.

Once all 4 missiles are in the silos the player has to pick 4 different targets to fire them.

overkill and useless. TI nuke is already very powerful
impossible due to engine limitations: only 1 single SW of each type is possible. Would be unbalanced/overpowered anyway

adamstrange wrote:
Tremor Attraction Device = dropped from a plane in a parachute, once it hits the ground it creates or attract several Tremors within a certain radias.

Tremors Repellian Structure = defense system against Tremors or within 5 seconds of them appearing kills them instantly.

adamstrange wrote:
AirDropped Virus Device = dropped from a plane in a parachute, once it hits the ground it creates a dirty greenish brown cloud through out the base or radius that lasts for 20 seconds.

Banshee bomber have already gas cloud bombs.

adamstrange wrote:
Virus Protection Suits.

this is no role playing game where you can equip your soldiers with armors, boots and gloves.
Units can be only made immune against all kinds of Gas warheads, which is not possible in TI anymore, due to only 5 armor types which are all used.
In short: impossible due to engine limitations

adamstrange wrote:
Tyberium Tick Egg Fields = if hit by small arms fire can release dozens of Ticks.

mappers would have to create trigger to create this, otherwise impossible due to engine limitations, since survivor infantry are set global for all buildings.

adamstrange wrote:
METEOR GENERATOR

RANDOM METEOR STORM

included but unused, due to balancing reasons.

included: though mappers would have to create maps with that in mind

adamstrange wrote:
Quad Gunship Heliport = rearms gunships at a faster rate.

The low ammo of the TI aircraft already makes them reload very fast. Even faster would be useless.

adamstrange wrote:
Random Screenshot Loading Screens

there are already a selection of random loading screens.
If you mean your own screenshots used as LS: impossible due to engine limitations

adamstrange wrote:
Game Map Loading Screen = screenshot of the map about to be played is displayed on the loading screen.

adamstrange wrote:
Acid Rain Storm Generator

Random Acid Rain Storms

and this is doing what exactly? We don't implement things just because of a fancy name Wink
TI has ion storms, different day/night cycle maps, dirt devils and other weather effects.

adamstrange wrote:
Game Modes From The C&C Mashup Mod

This is the much older TS engine and not YR, thus not all game modes are possible.
There might come a few new game modes in future with the new client, but we rather add new modes than copying them from another mod.
I also checked the list of game modes and i have to say that i don't really like most of them, since they are not game modes like "capture the flag", but only ini changes which rather imbalance the game imo.

adamstrange wrote:
More Maximum Size 8 Player Maps

More Maximum Size 8 Player City Maps

The map editor is included in your TI installation. Feel free to create some new maps Wink

adamstrange wrote:
Tank Enforcement Communication Station = capture this structure to call in tank reinforcements.

Infantry Enforcement Communication Station = capture this structure to call in infantry reinforcements.

Battlefield Reinforcement Stations = capture this structure to call in a mix of infantry, armor, aircraft and one mcv.

The only thing possible would be a capturable warfactory/barrack which gives new units and TI has that already for Globotech.

adamstrange wrote:
Flame Towers

Nod has balanced base defenses. Thus this would be useless.

adamstrange wrote:
Gatling Towers

Like in YR = impossible due to engine limitations
Otherwise GDI has already MG towers

adamstrange wrote:
Infestation Maps = maps where you battle large swarms of tyberium lifeforms.

up to the mappers to create them. Feel free to create one yourself and if it's good enough, we add it.

adamstrange wrote:
Gas spore Worms = these plant like lifeforms pop out of the ground and spray tiny spider like creatures as well as they release a deadly gas.

impossible due to engine limitations: units can not spawn other units

adamstrange wrote:
Observe After Defeat = some games like homeworld 2 allow you to continue to watch the game even after you are defeated.

The game does this already, except the only left players are AI players.

adamstrange wrote:
Observer Mode

comes with the next client

adamstrange wrote:
Advanced Medical Center = can hold 12 infantry to heal.

adamstrange wrote:
Advanced Medical Tower = infantry within a certain radius will be healed but the tower must recharge after healing.

adamstrange wrote:
Heavy Armor Plant = responsible for building supertank.

Heavy Mech Assemble Plant = responsible for building supermechs.

Globotech gives already a few capturable tech structures.
A building that gives an unbalanced overpowered super tank will not be implemented.

adamstrange wrote:
Logistics Assemble Building = speeds up unit production and cutting the cost by 25 percent.

adamstrange wrote:
Dual Artillery Station

unbalanced and useless

adamstrange wrote:
Mine Laying Plane

adamstrange wrote:
Krakenogs = large vicious crab like creatures that lurk under tyberium fields with a single eye on the top of their shell.

Terran Fungus Egg = large mech size egg that if cracked open spreads a fungus that can kill units over time

Decayed Krakenog Egg = if you think the krakenogs are bad what happens if you crack open one of their large mech size unborn rotting eggs ?
well their stench attracts every type of dangerous parasite and through a gelatin like opening they crawl in until the egg is full and the opening hardens, trapping them in.

Now the bad part.

Since the bugs that have been trapped inside eating the dead vomit and feces covered krakenog fetuses have now mutated, if you by accident break open one of these eggs.

hundreds of these abominations will be release and spread throughout the map where all fighting sides will have to team up to stop them.

interesting ideas but most special behaviour things are impossible due to engine limitations

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Quote:

I haven't seen this.

Once I am defeated the game just switches to show the stats and thats it.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Quote:

I haven't seen this.

Once I am defeated the game just switches to show the stats and thats it.

That's what happens in skirmish, yeah. In multiplayer (when there's multiple human players) it allows you to spectate the match for as long as there's at least one human player alive.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Do you think its possible to set up the mod like this ?

I know that in the game earth 2150, someone made a mod and one of the mod's feature was that from the menu you could pick the sides to battle and then select OBSERVER and watch the entire game from start to finish.

Also if the engineers can go capture structures whats to stop the engine from allowing troops to garrison buildings ?

I don't know if I had mentioned it but if the game had been made the way this mod is, sales may have been triple what they were.

I plays well on my system but on a 27 inch monitor at 1980x1080 damn those units are small Laughing

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
I know that in the game earth 2150, someone made a mod and one of the mod's feature was that from the menu you could pick the sides to battle and then select OBSERVER and watch the entire game from start to finish.

The next version of the Client will include spectator support. I won't be giving out release dates though.

adamstrange wrote:
Also if the engineers can go capture structures whats to stop the engine from allowing troops to garrison buildings ?

The fact that garrisoning buildings is simply a completely different logic. Capturing structure -> engineer enters structure, structure's side is swapped and engineer dies. Garrison -> infantry enters structure, structure's side is swapped, and the unit is "kept alive" (as in its data is stored in memory) while the structure is given a weapon.

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Do you think its possible to set up the mod like this ?

DTA 1.13 will allow you to select spectator as your faction and since it'll share the same client, so will versions of TI released after that.
adamstrange wrote:

The building capturing logic (which simply changes the owner of a structure to another one) is very different from the building garrison logic (which allows infantry to become "passengers" of the structure and then fire out of it; a logic that doesn't even exist for vehicles in TS, let alone structures).
So what's stopping the engine from allowing this is the same thing that's stopping you from eating an apple that doesn't exist.
adamstrange wrote:
I plays well on my system but on a 27 inch monitor at 1980x1080 damn those units are small Laughing

I play on a 27" monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 px as well, but I'm already used to the size of the units (not to mention that I mainly play DTA, which has even smaller units).

Edit:
Looks like Rampastring ninja'd me Neutral

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: SOME MORE QUESTIONS Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Could there be a feature to toggle the right menu panel so that you can hide it, giving the player a bigger view ?

When base buildings are destroyed, is it possible like in ZH to have soldiers come out and fight ?

Will naval units ever be added ?

In the editor what is the Tremor creature actually named ?

I found the green spring worm but can't find the Tremor.

What does the veinhole monster do ?

I put a few on a map and when I would pass a few infantry over it nothing happened.

I was expecting something to attack them like The Thing.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Could there be a feature to toggle the right menu panel so that you can hide it, giving the player a bigger view ?

Not possible.
The last games supporting this were DOS TD and RA1 IIRC.
But with 1920x1080 screen size, there should be more than enough visible of the battlefield.

adamstrange wrote:
When base buildings are destroyed, is it possible like in ZH to have soldiers come out and fight ?

no, only technicians are possible, since GDI and Nod use different soldiers and those survivors are a global set unit which needs to be the same for all sides.

adamstrange wrote:
Will naval units ever be added ?

They were already, but got removed again due to balancing and pathfinding issues. Not sure if they ever come back again.

adamstrange wrote:
In the editor what is the Tremor creature actually named ?

What do you mean? Tremor is Tremor, also ingame and in the editor.
If you mean the internal unit-ID, then it's [SABER]
To see this, place a unit down in FinalSun, go with the mouse over it and read the info-bar at the bottom of FinalSun.

adamstrange wrote:
I found the green spring worm but can't find the Tremor.

Springworm is an infantry, the Tremor is a vehicle. Thus you find the tremor under the vehicles.

adamstrange wrote:
What does the veinhole monster do ?

I put a few on a map and when I would pass a few infantry over it nothing happened.

I was expecting something to attack them like The Thing.

VHM spawns veins (which damage vehicles when they move over them) and it creates gas clouds when attacked.
For the VHM to work correct, it needs to be placed via the Special Overlay\Veinhole Monster option (not as single overlay) and a few Veins need to be placed around it.
In addition does the center cell need to be lowered by one height level.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Would be cool if there were a new creature added maybe in a update, The Tiberium Graboid a tremors like creature that comes out of a VeinHole to swallow several troops and can destroy even vehicles instantly.

I will create one in my Spore Creature Creator for you to see.

Anyone of you guys know where I can download the random map generator ?

I've looked for it on Google but can't find it.

Nordos
Cyborg Cannon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

random map generator is included in the original TS but disabled in TI since it won't work with the additions (IIRC) and/or causes some problems.

Regarding that creature: Well, I guess you could do something which is restricted to walk on Tiberium Veins - but why would you? Additionally I am not even sure if it were to work. All in all, I don't think that such a creature would be making any sense at all ...

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The random map generator is part of Tiberian Sun and aside from the fact it can't be accessed via the client, it doesn't work for mods where a lot of changes have been made to the terrain. So even if you would figure out how to access the hidden Random Map Generator, it wouldn't work.

In vanilla TS you can access it via the ingame map selection menu however.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ModDB Profile ID YouTube User URL Facebook Profile URL
Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The maps from the random map generator in Tiberian Sun in Tiberian Sun are not as random as you might think. (In YR/RA2 they appear to be, however.) If you set the settings to X, and leave X unchanged, the resulting map will always be the same. I still remember that from when I toyed around with that editor.
If little to no original TS terrain has been deleted, it should be possible to keep the temperate maps from the map editor in the game. Snow maps are a different matter for obvious reasons, and I doubt Lifeforms would work without fixing its coding...

Also this:
Lin Kuei Ominae wrote:

adamstrange wrote:

Isn't it possible to make a base defence that uses a similar logic to the EMP tank in Firestorm, or the Mammoth MK II in TI?
If you click and "deploy" instead of EMP, it fires off a warhead that deals negative damage to everything around it (healing), and warhead effectiveness is set to 0% for non-infantry units.
It doesn't look entirely impossible if you ask me, even if the healing won't be automatic like AttachEffect animations do in Mental Omega and other Yuri's Revenge mods that use Ares - a player needs to do hit the healing button himself.

Graion Dilach
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

It would heal nearby enemy as well.

=======================
WeiDU mods: Random Graion Tweaks | Graion's Soundsets
Maintainance: Extra Expanded Enhanced Encounters! | BGEESpawn
Contributions: EE Fixpack | Enhanced Edition Trilogy | DSotSC (Trilogy) | UB_IWD | SotSC & a lot more...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website ModDB Profile ID
Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Graion Dilach wrote:
It would heal nearby enemy as well.

True. But since you would use it by hand and Infantry is primarily a defensive resource I doubt it's a huge problem.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Vulture wrote:
Isn't it possible to make a base defence that uses a similar logic to the EMP tank in Firestorm, or the Mammoth MK II in TI?
If you click and "deploy" instead of EMP, it fires off a warhead that deals negative damage to everything around it (healing), and warhead effectiveness is set to 0% for non-infantry units.
It doesn't look entirely impossible if you ask me, even if the healing won't be automatic like AttachEffect animations do in Mental Omega and other Yuri's Revenge mods that use Ares - a player needs to do hit the healing button himself.

Only 1 deploy weapon on a unit possible and that is the emp on the MKII.
deploy weapons also only work on vehicletypes, not on buildingtypes

So the only way for a building would be one that
a) constantly creates the area heal effect
or
b) needs to be force fired on your own units (but would auto-fire on enemy units)

So too many negative sideeffects imo.
In addition are on several maps GT hospitals which heal infantry quite similar, by just sending them into the building.
Each side could of course get a buildable hospital, but that would be quite unbalancing imo.
In addition are many infantry in TI able to selfheal (when elite) or tiberium heal and
GDI has the medic and Nod the very strong cyborgs.
So another thing to make infantry heal would be redundant or unbalancing.

Public SHPs

Tools

Vulture
AA Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I never said it would be healthy for balance, and I don't think it should be added into the game at all.
It was more that I thought it was possible to code a healing building without too many side-effects.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

nah, don't worry. I also explained it more elaborate for adamstrange, since several of his ideas seem to miss the point of making the mod unbalanced. Wink
So even if it's possible to add with sideeffects, i wanted to explain why such a thing shouldn't be added.

Public SHPs

Tools

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

I can't seem to find this but where are the RULES.INI found ?

I opened and looked through the .MIX files but I can't find it.

I just keep finding KEYS.INI

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
I can't seem to find this but where are the RULES.INI found ?

Take a look at the INI directory inside your TI dir.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Yes I've seen this but there has to be another one that works because I have made some simple changes but the game doesn't recognize them. I tried to change the starting money and the colors and when I start the game nothing happens.

Someone I think posted that it has to be in a .MIX file for it to work but I'm not sure so can you tell me as to how I can remod this mod ?

This of cause is purely for personnel play not to be released.

By the way this is the creature that I created and spoke about in one of my last posts that I would like to see pop out of a veinhole, a different kind of hole or maybe a cave or something else.

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

adamstrange wrote:
Yes I've seen this but there has to be another one that works because I have made some simple changes but the game doesn't recognize them. I tried to change the starting money and the colors and when I start the game nothing happens.

That's because starting money and colors are hardcoded to the client.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

When I am editing on of the maps and then save it as custom, why doesn't the editor create a preview like the default maps ?

Regardless of selecting CREATE NEW PREVIEW or CREATE PREVIEW FROM EXISTING PREVIEW it just gives me the TI screen.

Lin Kuei Ominae
Seth

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

The map editor was made for vanilla TS which had previews saved inside the map as some strange encrypted format.

TI uses real PNG files which are stored next to the map in the same folder.
The client uses these high res images instead of the crappy in-map-preview format.

So you have to create a preview yourself and save it as PNG next to the map.
The create preview functions aren't working/used anymore by TI, and it might be a good idea to disable that dialog entirely in future.

Also check how the other TI maps are done. This can answer many questions too.

Public SHPs

Tools

^Rampastein
Rampastring

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

In the future the client might be able to extract those previews, but it'll be a while if I code the functionality.

adamstrange
Tiberian Fiend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

That sounds cool.

Ok now why is this not working.

I love the GlobalTech Radar Array and I can't find the line of code like in the other C&C games where you can remove the black shroud so what I did was to increase the sight range to 500000 so it would remove the shroud but when I capture it, it doesn't work.

How can I remove the shroud like in the other games or at least give this ability to the Radar Array ?

Bittah Commander
Defense Minister

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote  Mark this post and the followings unread

Sight= has a max value of 10; any higher value than that will just revert back to 10 ingame.

The only way to get a structure to reveal the entire map when captured is with a map trigger, but the map trigger will then reveal the shroud for all players in the game, no matter which player captured the structure and there's no way to fix this.

Mark the topic unread ::  View previous topic :: View next topic

Share on TwitterShare on FacebookShare on Google+Share on DiggShare on RedditShare on PInterestShare on Del.icio.usShare on Stumble Upon
Quick Reply
Username:

If you are visually impaired or cannot otherwise answer the challenges below please contact the Administrator for help.

Write only two of the following words separated by a sharp: Brotherhood, unity, peace! 

You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum